Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not that we shouldn't take MN seriously or whatever, but I like that we got them at home at noon this Sunday before SF on Thursday.

Whereas SF has to go to Seattle for a 3:15 game before our Thursday matchup.

Our guys will be tucked into bed before their plane even leaves Seattle. I'll take whatever leg up we can get.

Although it does suck we have to fly out there on Wednesday already.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
27 Oct 2020 09:31
Not that we shouldn't take MN seriously or whatever, but I like that we got them at home at noon this Sunday before SF on Thursday.

Whereas SF has to go to Seattle for a 3:15 game before our Thursday matchup.

Our guys will be tucked into bed before their plane even leaves Seattle. I'll take whatever leg up we can get.

Although it does suck we have to fly out there on Wednesday already.
:aok:

I expect the 49ers to beat the Seahawks; I know they always play tough, but the Seahawks' defense is just such a problem and the Seahawks' run game is going to struggle. It's Wilson v. the world and I think a good team and a good D can hang.

BUT with Jeff Wilsona nd Deebo both out (likely for both games), it's a wild card. I like our chances on the road on a Thursday night against SF more than I did entering the season, but less than I did a month ago, but more than I did a week ago.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Oct 2020 09:36
I like our chances on the road on a Thursday night against SF more than I did entering the season, but less than I did a month ago, but more than I did a week ago.
Quit flip-flopping and just get on board. A big win is coming.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Oct 2020 09:15
go pak go wrote:
27 Oct 2020 09:08
YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Oct 2020 08:45
Packers are the current NFC 1-seed
Yeah I was thinking how a tie breaker would work if the Packers and Seahawks both won out. I honestly I have no clue because we would have the same conference record and same record vs common opponents. It would likely come down to point differential or something. If it is strength of schedule, we likely would get it because the NFC West plays the NFC East and AFC East. However, they also have good records in the NFC West.

But the 9ers and Vikings do present a rare "common opponent" game. One we need to win just to keep pace and the other win could very well give us the tie breaker advantage.
It's a bit too early for me to think about "were we to win out" because I think there are far too many wins and losses along the way.

I'm just saying current, right now, season ends today, Packers are in the 1-slot, which is nice.

I think the Seahawks are not as good as their record. They have the weakest strength of victory (ours is weak, theirs is atrocious). I think they'll lose a few more games. I think we'll lose a couple more games. So right now I don't even know who I'd be looking at for tie-breakers.
This is very true. i mean take the NFC West for example. I think all of us "assume" the Hawks will win that division and for good reason as Russell Wilson is freaking amazing.

But that division could just as easily be won by the Rams, Cardinals or 49ers as they start to play each other.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
27 Oct 2020 09:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
I like our chances on the road on a Thursday night against SF more than I did entering the season, but less than I did a month ago, but more than I did a week ago.
Yes, clean house against the Queens, knock around the 9ers in a redemption game, and enjoy a mini-bye and get healthy. for the JVille powerhouse. Can't wait!
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
:rotf:

But honestly, it's a lot less about us than them for me. I like our team. I think the 49ers are less scary as an NFL team than they are to us. But the matchups, the coaching relationships, the specifics of these two teams facing off--they still aren't incredibly favorable to us. That may be changing some, hence the flip-flopping.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
I think we can beat them. I really want to go into the game with all our horses on defense. Savage. King. Barnes and Martin with a good game off MN.

As for offense, I would looooove to have Lazard as that security blanket but that isn't happening. We really need someone else to step up into that 2nd WR role for the game and I just don't know who that will be. We also need Bak and Tonyan to have games big time.

I think we are better positioned to stop the run than we were a year ago. I feel less confident about our pass pressure (though there is reason to believe it is ascending) but I also don't know how much that will matter vs the 49ers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Oct 2020 09:30
We play the Eagles. Not Dallas.
Huh, why did I have it in my head we play McCarthy this year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packfntk wrote:
27 Oct 2020 09:42

enjoy a mini-bye and get healthy. for the JVille powerhouse.
I've always thought this phrase was strange because it is always with the intent that a bye will magically make our guys who are missing games to get "healthy".

I view byes much more to the benefit of players who are already playing to get healthy. For instance, Kevin King has had 3 byes in a row and another mini bye really won't do him much good. If anything, it just decreases his chance of playing on a Thursday NIght compared to if he were playing on the Sunday. He's on his own schedule.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Quinnen Williams may be available for trade.

Give his prorated and roster bonus have been paid for this year, his cap hits would be:

2020: about 400K
2021: 3.6 million
2022: 5 million
2023: 5th year option

Not that we have 'extra' high end draft picks, but do have a 4th and 5th comp picks coming our way, and for a team with potential cap struggles, this is one that could potentially make sense.

Might cost like a 1 and a 3 for a draft pick, not sure, don't know how good he has been. But looking like it will be really low in each round, sucks not having a one, but getting a guy with Quinnen's talent and ceiling for 3.5 years at that price. I really have no clue if he is living up to his draft hype. I don't know, something to think about.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
27 Oct 2020 10:07
Quinnen Williams may be available for trade....

...Not that we have 'extra' high end draft picks, but do have a 4th and 5th comp picks coming our way, and for a team with potential cap struggles, this is one that could potentially make sense.
I'm seeing "not shopping, but listening." It seems genuinely nuts that the Jets would give him up given the amount of time left that they can retain his rights. As I said previously, I feel like the price would be too high. If I'm the Jets and trading Williams, I'm looking for a team in line to have a top ten pick OR I'm looking for multiple 1s--which would mean, most likely, listen but nothing gets done.

Everyone is available for a price. I can't imagine that Williams would be available to us; I don't think we have the assets.

It's fun to dream. He would be an amazing addition. The team-need fit and financial compensation are good. I'd do it for our 1st in a heartbeat. And like you said, maybe a 1 and 3 gets it done? That's the level of compensation that I'd change my mind about from one day to the next, which makes it feel pretty fair to me.

But I'd be shocked to see him moved at all, and downright astounded if it was to us.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah, would be shocking on every possible front for sure. No one in their right mind would expect this to happen.

But if the Jets are willing to listen, I would strongly consider making a fairly reasonable push for him.

I mean if we get Quinnen and are able to maybe resign King with the limited cap space we have, we kind of almost don't 'need' a high end draft there.

And I don't know, I don't follow the Jets, is Quinnen even any good? Don't really need a Montravious Adams clone at that price.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

But I feel like is where a team like the Chiefs or Seahawks will gladly outbid us and throw them a like a 1 and a 3 and a 2nd the year after. Or maybe even two firsts. Although I think the Jets already have the Seahens 1st.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
27 Oct 2020 10:21
And I don't know, I don't follow the Jets, is Quinnen even any good? Don't really need a Montravious Adams clone at that price.
My understanding is that he's pretty good, already better than Montravious, but also he's only 22.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Oct 2020 10:31
BF004 wrote:
My understanding is that he's pretty good, already better than Montravious, but also he's only 22.
Quinnen has been really good so far for a young player. Imagine what he would do in a motivated team with talented pieces around him.

That said this is a fantasy. Wake up fellas. We don’t have what it takes to realistically get him.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I would give up the same compensation for Quinnen Wililams that we paid for Darnell Savage.

We paid a 1st and 2 4th rounders for Savage. I would do a 1st and a 3rd for Williams.
Yoop wrote:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

go pak go wrote:
27 Oct 2020 09:58
Packfntk wrote:
27 Oct 2020 09:42

enjoy a mini-bye and get healthy. for the JVille powerhouse.
I've always thought this phrase was strange because it is always with the intent that a bye will magically make our guys who are missing games to get "healthy".

I view byes much more to the benefit of players who are already playing to get healthy. For instance, Kevin King has had 3 byes in a row and another mini bye really won't do him much good. If anything, it just decreases his chance of playing on a Thursday NIght compared to if he were playing on the Sunday. He's on his own schedule.
Just a few extra days for guys that are dinged up to get a little bit of rest, that is all.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Oct 2020 10:53
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Quinnen has been really good so far for a young player. Imagine what he would do in a motivated team with talented pieces around him.

That said this is a fantasy. Wake up fellas. We don’t have what it takes to realistically get him.
Sure we do, we just gotta be willing to part with it and offer more than everyone else. :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
27 Oct 2020 10:56
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Oct 2020 10:53
YoHoChecko wrote:

Sure we do, we just gotta be willing to part with it and offer more than everyone else. :aok:
What's your top end price? Would you go a 1 and a 2? I would do a 1 and a 3 for sure.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Henry Anderson isn't a DT/NT-type, but he's another JET DL I'd be interested in
6'6" 294, 29 yrs old and Stanford educated, he'd be a useful part of the interior DL rotation.
A little spendy, but you could re-work and spread the cash around

https://overthecap.com/player/henry-anderson/3941/

I also noted that Snacks was signed by Seattle on 10/7, but he hasn't made an appearance yet. Not in shape
IT. IS. TIME