All the draft prospect game tape you'll ever need

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Apr 2020 11:42
Bumping this for reference. Good stuff, 23! :salute:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
09 Apr 2020 04:39
First off, let's get the tears outta the way and watch the impossible dream, Isaiah Simmons...
He is a guy I want on my team no matter what, but is he truly a LB?

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
09 Apr 2020 08:01
salmar80 wrote:
09 Apr 2020 04:39
First off, let's get the tears outta the way and watch the impossible dream, Isaiah Simmons...
He is a guy I want on my team no matter what, but is he truly a LB?
It's funny how Simmons looks like a big WR playing D. Very interesting to watch: So that's what would happen if colleges didn't funnel all the guys with that body type into WRs or TEs...

I think Simmons will switch between S and ILB depending on situation and opponent. Really hard to project, since you don't see guys like him. Could be a great TE neutralizer, but interesting to see how well he does vs physical NFL RBs and quick WRs...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Simmons does everything well, against these teams he's lined up all over, his ability will demand the opposing offenses will have to account for him every play, perfect 3 down lber.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
09 Apr 2020 09:53
Simmons does everything well, against these teams he's lined up all over, his ability will demand the opposing offenses will have to account for him every play, perfect 3 down lber.
I sure would be excited to have him, but he may have a ways to go to becoming the "perfect 3 down lber". At this point, he looked more like a Taysom Hill of the D.

The one thing missing from the tapes was seeing Simmons taking on OL. He has to do so in the NFL if he's gonna be an every down ILB. Also, Simmons didn't play all that many snaps at ILB on the tapes. He will have developing to do there.

I could see Simmons be in trouble if run at. Ideally you'd use others to take on blockers and allow Simmons to make the plays, but offenses get paid too, and that's not always possible.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Simmons sounds like he could maybe be a taller Brian Urlacher, though; Urlacher also struggled when you ran directly at him, but you have to get to him, first. Put him on a team with a DL and let him roam.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Apr 2020 11:11
Simmons sounds like he could maybe be a taller Brian Urlacher, though; Urlacher also struggled when you ran directly at him, but you have to get to him, first. Put him on a team with a DL and let him roam.
yep, Urlacher is the first ILB I thought of too, If memory serves Brian was also a safety in HS and I think a year in college, just like Simmons.

I know Marty got most of the blame playing against the teams that ran hard on us last year, but imo the real problem was up front, and most at LDT, we just had no one that could hold there ground against a single blocker, let alone 2 gaping besides Clark, we built this line to rush the passer and thats about all they can do, it does no good to get penetration or charge a gap, if it's the wrong gap, or your pursuit eliminates your ability to make a play, against the run that aggressiveness often hurts more then it helps.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
09 Apr 2020 11:31
we built this line to rush the passer and thats about all they can do
We accept this as fact, although its a little bit of revisionist history. If you think about it, Mike Daniels was in the plans right up until July. He would have made a big difference if he was still with us (and healthy). So, I know we have this NEED to assign blame, but I think this is one of those situations where extenuating circumstances put us in a bind more than poor team building or poor play from preferred starters.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
09 Apr 2020 04:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Apr 2020 11:42
Bumping this for reference. Good stuff, 23! :salute:
Offense done. CB done.

Safeties next, then iDL, then the dreaded EDGE/DE/LB group...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

100% finished. Over 600 prospects, 5 draft sites and all combine measurables. If you have a draft site you like and get get the easily pasteable rankings/data, it should be fairly easy to add them in. Let me know.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Excellent work, [mention]Pckfn23[/mention]!!

:beer2:

Now that we have the tools, we should get organized and figure out a way to expand upon this next year, i.e. refresh the data frequently, add collegiate stats, etc. Beautiful solo effort, though, and on a short time frame!!

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Kenneth Murray Junior!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I like Murray better in space. He was incredibly unimpressive in that LSU tape unless he was blitzing. Too often he pussy-foots in the box and gets lost in the wash. LSU had a lot of success running right at him, even if they didn't do it often. Also missed some zone fits in coverage, but I don't have an eye trained well enough to know if that is on him or not. LSU had their way, offensively, so it could be a combination of things.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I expect when we move on to Queen to see a more decisive, downhill type of LB, even given his smaller stature.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
10 Apr 2020 07:26
I expect when we move on to Queen to see a more decisive, downhill type of LB, even given his smaller stature.
I think so to concerning Queen, and agree with your take on Murray, he just doesn't wow me, often his aggressiveness takes him right out of the play which happened often against all 3 of these teams, in coverage, we could say he reminds us of HHCD, a step late to do any more then just make the tackle, even so, the Giants just paid Martinez 10 mil. to do less then what Murray's ceiling probably is, that alone makes him 1st round talent I'd guess.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I liked Murray just fine, but he's not the CB in ILB's body folks want.

Good burst when blitzing and getting to the RB on outside runs, swing passes and as a QB spy. Nimble for a 240-pounder, drops looked to have depth. Fine tackler. I think has a higher ceiling than, say, Martinez.

Did worse than his size and arm length would suggest vs OL blocks. Didn't see him beat any, really, unless he got by 'em with speed. Had some zone drops where he didn't seem to have awareness of where receivers went.

Yes, he was overly aggressive sometimes, but I'd rather start correcting that than trying to install balls into a timid LB.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Apr 2020 08:42
Did worse than his size and arm length would suggest vs OL blocks. Didn't see him beat any, really, unless he got by 'em with speed.
I'll have to check the other videos, but yeah, I was really disappointed by what I saw in the LSU tape.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Finished Simmons 2019. I don't see an ILB. I see a strong safety. I good and versatile safety. I know Clemson played him that way a lot, but I don't see anything that tells me he can be an effective run defender. Does a lot of catching when tackling straight up. I am not 100% impressed with his motivation on every play either. His play in space is exceptional.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

We may not get the king of ILBs in this draft, but isn't the best piece on the board Queen?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Apr 2020 10:03
Finished Simmons 2019. I don't see an ILB. I see a strong safety. I good and versatile safety. I know Clemson played him that way a lot, but I don't see anything that tells me he can be an effective run defender. Does a lot of catching when tackling straight up. I am not 100% impressed with his motivation on every play either. His play in space is exceptional.
in all 3 of these games he plays more SS then ILB, but in this you tube clip against a few more teams he plays plenty of lber, imo Simmons is one of the most complete football players in this class, he'll do well wherever he's asked to play.