Viking week - GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

#12 overall pick has to give us more production down the stretch. Has to.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

German_Panzer wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:15
It's hard to wake up from a dream. :cry:

We need a blockbuster trade to make our defense better or we won't win sh*t this season. The only good thing about Cook's lifetime game today is that if that doesn't open Gute's eyes, nothing will.
His eyes are as wide open as Ted Thompson's were.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:29
Today I believe has made me lose more enthusiasm for my team then any single day I can ever remember.
Yep. Zimmers D is garbage and they shut us down playing aggressive. I want Pettine gone.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:33
Amos you suck. Learn how to tackle or get on the next train out of town.
Hey, look. He just made a tackle for a loss. :messedup:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Absolutely should eyes be opened today. They should be opened to the fact that we aren't getting near enough from the players we have.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah. We let them do this to us today without Kirk throwing the ball deeper than 10 yards all day

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

:kaboom: now mr Amos let’s see some consistency.
GO PACK GO!!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:34
go pak go wrote:
Today I believe has made me lose more enthusiasm for my team then any single day I can ever remember.
Yep. Zimmers D is garbage and they shut us down playing aggressive. I want Pettine gone.
100%. VIking's D has far less talent and their defense is playing aggressive and winning the day.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Yup. It's one guy, Pettine. You just need to game plan against one guy on O.

It's embarrassing.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Alright, d doing their &%$@ now, let $%@# go and steal this one

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:27
I’m with lupe, Lefleur has covered up lots of sins with great schemes. All of our good players are from the last regime, Gutey hasn’t given us anything besides fringe roster guys that lefluer coached up to being the status of “playable”

Besides like Jaire
I hated TT but I honestly think Gutey has been way worse. Like significantly worse. His first draft is Alexander and Scott. Josh Jackson just isn’t good enough. He trades up for Burks who is about to be out of the league. Every one of the WRs he got aren’t cutting it. In year 3 they should be better and they’re all bad. He shells out massive money to Graham. The thing he did well was manipulating the draft with trades and got an extra first next season.

Year two he has to make up for misses in FA. The Preston deal i thought was insane then. The Amos deal I thought was a good pickup but it was really high. The Turner deal was insane. He has played better this year but I can’t imagine a team offering more than 5mil with how he performed before FA. The. The draft he takes Gary which I still can’t compute with this selection. Then he trades up for Savage who has been more of a liability than a safety. Jenkins was a great pick. Sternberger is struggling to get playtime over an undrafted TE and an old overpaid TE. Keke looks ok so far but not enough to save this draft. The rest is bad.

This year he doesnt do anything to improve a run defense that got annihilated.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I know it's fun to yell at the defense.

But this offense has been absolute garbage. Albeit the refs screwed us on two flags on the first drive on 3rd downs and then pick up the flag for the same thing for us, but drops by EQ, missed throws to Tonyan and Sternberger are really showing now.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

go pak go wrote:
If you're my age, I understand, but otherwise, you can't remember two weeks ago? :)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I understand the gripes at Pettine. It makes total sense considering how passive we play, and how Itl be 3rd and 5 and the corners are 9 yards off the LOS...but even though we have good players on defense...last year we couldn’t stop the run bc Lowry, Lancaster, and the ILBs weren’t man enough to stop the run...the OLBs don’t seem helpful in that area either.

The fact is we entered this year and did basically nothing to address the issue. I don’t consider bringing in kirksey a real attempt to fix anything.

So we lost Martinez, had a major problem last year that cost us the season, and now we have the same problem...bc we didn’t address it. We went QB and RB in the draft instead.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:38

But this offense has been absolute garbage. Albeit the refs screwed us on two flags on the first drive on 3rd downs and then pick up the flag for the same thing for us, but drops by EQ, missed throws to Tonyan and Sternberger are really showing now.
Agree with that. 0 points in 2nd half...

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Talent or coaching, Vikes defense is better than ours.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:38

I disagree.

Offense has been respectable, outside of getting away from the run and Brown drops. They're moving the ball despite Zimmer dialing in. We know what we have in Rodgers at this point in his career - when he's down we're in trouble though.

So that leaves the D to play respectable at least. And they're far from that.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Well I spoke too soon.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The EQ drops in this one were massive. It was a one possession game with two passes on the money. Then they score and made it two possessions and with that this offense doesn’t work well.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

How in the hell is no one open here???