Viking week - GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Okay, flash straw-poll time...

Which impending FA are we missing the most right now?

Jones
Bakh
King
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:41
go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:38
I know it's fun to yell at the defense.

But this offense has been absolute garbage. Albeit the refs screwed us on two flags on the first drive on 3rd downs and then pick up the flag for the same thing for us, but drops by EQ, missed throws to Tonyan and Sternberger are really showing now.
I disagree.

Offense has been respectable, outside of getting away from the run and Brown drops. They're moving the ball despite Zimmer dialing in. We know what we have in Rodgers at this point in his career - when he's down we're in trouble though.

So that leaves the D to play respectable at least. And they're far from that.
Offense was fine until they went down 7 in the 3rd and completely abandoned what they were doing and started looking like MMs 2018 offense before he got fired.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:39
I understand the gripes at Pettine. It makes total sense considering how passive we play, and how Itl be 3rd and 5 and the corners are 9 yards off the LOS...but even though we have good players on defense...last year we couldn’t stop the run bc Lowry, Lancaster, and the ILBs weren’t man enough to stop the run...the OLBs don’t seem helpful in that area either.

The fact is we entered this year and did basically nothing to address the issue. I don’t consider bringing in kirksey a real attempt to fix anything.

So we lost Martinez, had a major problem last year that cost us the season, and now we have the same problem...bc we didn’t address it. We went QB and RB in the draft instead.
You are placing the majority of the blame in the wrong place. We have Kamal Martin and Krys Barnes. Best combination of ILBs we have had in a while. Our defensive line is playing average at worst, not giving up big runs from guard to guard. It's the off tackle runs that are killing us. It's the OLBs that are killing us in the run game. We aren't holding our OLBs accountable for their run defense and our defense as a whole is so passive an reactionary, we get killed.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:43

Jones
Bakh
King
Well it’s definitely Jones.

That said which one will be harder to replace and it’s easily Bak.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:42
The EQ drops in this one were massive. It was a one possession game with two passes on the money. Then they score and made it two possessions and with that this offense doesn’t work well.
The throws to Tonyan and Sterberger were huge too. Those were points.

I really felt when we didn't score on the Tonyan throw, that it was going to bite us in this game.

And it really was the turning point.
Last edited by go pak go on 01 Nov 2020 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:44
Labrev wrote:

Jones
Bakh
King
Well it’s definitely Jones.

That said which one will be harder to replace and it’s easily Bak.
Agreed
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Feels like this offense doesn't practice broken plays/scrambles like they used to
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rodgers in a shell now.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Why not run some quick throws. We are not getting anything with what we are trying.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Completely getting away from plays to sustain drives
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I just don’t see it with EQ even when he does get more acquainted with the O. What measurable does he have that stands out as something worth waiting years on.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:39
I understand the gripes at Pettine. It makes total sense considering how passive we play, and how Itl be 3rd and 5 and the corners are 9 yards off the LOS...but even though we have good players on defense...last year we couldn’t stop the run bc Lowry, Lancaster, and the ILBs weren’t man enough to stop the run...the OLBs don’t seem helpful in that area either.

The fact is we entered this year and did basically nothing to address the issue. I don’t consider bringing in kirksey a real attempt to fix anything.

So we lost Martinez, had a major problem last year that cost us the season, and now we have the same problem...bc we didn’t address it. We went QB and RB in the draft instead.
You are placing the majority of the blame in the wrong place. We have Kamal Martin and Krys Barnes. Best combination of ILBs we have had in a while. Our defensive line is playing average at worst, not giving up big runs from guard to guard. It's the off tackle runs that are killing us. It's the OLBs that are killing us in the run game. We aren't holding our OLBs accountable for their run defense and our defense as a whole is so passive an reactionary, we get killed.
Yeah, I think going "Well actually" on this one is overthinking it.

Like, at least the offense actually looked good for a half. The defense was dog'&%$@ all day today. And there's a point at which your defense not being able to stop anyone begins to spill over and hurt the offense.
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I told you Taylor needs more looks! :)
—Magneto

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 14:47
I just don’t see it with EQ even when he does get more acquainted with the O. What measurable does he have that stands out as something worth waiting years on.
Who else is going to do it? Scott? Lol
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean these refs.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So twice in 8 games now.

Plus whatever the hell Kamara had.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Do we onside it here if we score?
Yoop wrote:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Wow.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers has played well overall imo

Cdragon
Reactions: