Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Packfntk wrote:
02 Nov 2020 15:21
NCF wrote:
02 Nov 2020 14:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2020 14:23
So what are these cheap moves that would propel this team to greatness?
David Njoku would be huge. The way LaFleur uses the TE's so creatively, that element of speed could be special.
This is my number 1. Would love to have him.
With Tonyon and Sternberger is TE a big need? If Lazard comes back soon WR may not be as pressing. I would prefer Gutey to go after a run stuffing DL.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I do still have some interest in Gallup because I feel like he would be hell-on-wheels to defend next to Davante Adams, but it would be a bit of a luxury for sure.

But word is, they are not looking to deal him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
02 Nov 2020 17:30
With Tonyon and Sternberger is TE a big need?
Speed is a need.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If we were to spend assets on a TE after Tonyan has looked good and Jace was a mid 3rd round pic, that just tells me what the org thinks of their mid 3rd round draft pick Jace.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Fast is fast, but fast does not a football player make. MVS I'd proof enough of that

8 catches, 102 yards, 2 TDs.

Robert Tonya has 309 yards on 23 catches with 5 TDs.

Jace Sternberger has 7 catches for 85 yards and 1 TD.

A JAG TE does not interest me.

There isn't any cheap option that will improve our defense. We have a run stuffer in Lancaster. We have Kenny Clark. We have a penetrator in Adams. That SHOULD be enough. We would need to spend mid to early round draft capital and several million to find someone that would give us a true upgrade. Our main problem on that side of the ball does not lie in what can easily be upgraded this season.

On offense a slot would be welcome and could be had fairly cheaply.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2020 18:16
If we were to spend assets on a TE after Tonyan has looked good and Jace was a mid 3rd round pic, that just tells me what the org thinks of their mid 3rd round draft pick Jace.
Njoku is a different type of player than Tonyan or Jace. Doesn't say much.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Just imagine the amount of hype over our TE's if the following occurred:

1. Aaron Rodgers hits Robert Tonyan in stride vs Houston and he picks up an extra 25 yards. (we would have then scored at least 38 points)
2. Aaron Rodgers hit Robert Tonyan in stride in the 3rd quarter that would have been a for sure touchdown.
3. Aaron Rodgers connects with a wide open Jace Sternberger in the 2nd half vs Minnesota
4. The refs don't pick up a horrible non-call Pass Interference vs MN.
5. The refs call Personal Foul - Face Mask on Tonyan to set up 4 plays at the endzone with 30 seconds left on the 26 yardline.

Seriously. Our tight end group is on the verge of exploding and being the envy of the league.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Dear Lord

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I hope we see Spriggs at RT when we play duh bares. He is as bad as he was here.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

He has the rona. U dont want him playing. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Trades made today:
Chiefs trade RB DeAndre Washington and a seventh-round pick to Dolphins for a sixth-round pick
Dolphins trade WR Isaiah Ford to Patriots for 2022 seventh-round pick

Trades made yesterday:
Chargers trade CB Desmond King to Titans for 2021 sixth-round draft pick.
49ers trade LB Kwon Alexander to Saints for LB Kiko Alonso and a conditional fifth-round pick.

Trades made on Sunday:
Jets trade LB Avery Williamson and a 2022 seventh-round pick to Steelers for a 2022 fifth-round pick

Trades made last Thursday:
Bengals trade DE Carlos Dunlap to Seahawks for OL B.J. Finney and a seventh-round pick

Trades made last Wednesday:
Cowboys trade DE Everson Griffen to Lions for conditional sixth-round pick

Those are all the trades made in the last week.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2020 20:13
Trades made today:
Chiefs trade RB DeAndre Washington and a seventh-round pick to Dolphins for a sixth-round pick

Trades made yesterday:
49ers trade LB Kwon Alexander to Saints for LB Kiko Alonso and a conditional fifth-round pick.

Trades made on Sunday:
Jets trade LB Avery Williamson and a 2022 seventh-round pick to Steelers for a 2022 fifth-round pick

Bengals trade DE Carlos Dunlap to Seahawks for OL B.J. Finney and a seventh-round pick

Didn't the 49ers throw a ton of money at Kwon Alexander?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Christo wrote:
04 Nov 2020 11:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
Trades made today:

Trades made yesterday:

Trades made on Sunday:

4 years, $54 million in signed in March 2019.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2020 18:26
Fast is fast, but fast does not a football player make. MVS I'd proof enough of that

There isn't any cheap option that will improve our defense. We have a run stuffer in Lancaster. We have Kenny Clark. We have a penetrator in Adams. That SHOULD be enough. We would need to spend mid to early round draft capital and several million to find someone that would give us a true upgrade. Our main problem on that side of the ball does not lie in what can easily be upgraded this season.

yep, if ya can't fix the defense by bringing in a guy, then do whatever ya can to help the offense, Gute decided to do neither, sure the price was steep for Fuller, but there where cheaper options to explore, maybe they asked Houston about Cobb, who knows, but he could have added some consistency thats been lacking here.

I'am starting to lose faith in Gute, for Pettine to have to make do with all these DL jags, coupled with this lousy tackling is unforgivable, hard to put all the blame on any one thing, while Mike doesn't seem able to motivate the players (so much lakadasical play) Guty over looked this position just as Ted would over look safety years ago.

maybe getting KIrksey back to team with Martin will pay dividends and cut down on some of the chaos, I know he hasn't been the player we hoped he could be, but he is assignment sure and has the run stopping ability and vision to not over persue the front side, I like what I've seen from Barnes and Martin so far, but there aggressiveness made them a liability against Cook, course doesn't help when the DT's can't hold there ground either

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Nov 2020 11:24
Christo wrote:
04 Nov 2020 11:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
Trades made today:

Trades made yesterday:

Trades made on Sunday:

4 years, $54 million in signed in March 2019.
Wow, and we keep hearing what a genius John Lynch is.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Yoop wrote:
04 Nov 2020 13:15
Pckfn23 wrote:

yep, if ya can't fix the defense by bringing in a guy, then do whatever ya can to help the offense, Gute decided to do neither, sure the price was steep for Fuller, but there where cheaper options to explore, maybe they asked Houston about Cobb, who knows, but he could have added some consistency thats been lacking here.

I'am starting to lose faith in Gute, for Pettine to have to make do with all these DL jags, coupled with this lousy tackling is unforgivable, hard to put all the blame on any one thing, while Mike doesn't seem able to motivate the players (so much lakadasical play) Guty over looked this position just as Ted would over look safety years ago.

maybe getting KIrksey back to team with Martin will pay dividends and cut down on some of the chaos, I know he hasn't been the player we hoped he could be, but he is assignment sure and has the run stopping ability and vision to not over persue the front side, I like what I've seen from Barnes and Martin so far, but there aggressiveness made them a liability against Cook, course doesn't help when the DT's can't hold there ground either
I can't blame him for not throwing away a second round pick for a guy who's never played a full season. And the best the Texan's are going to get for Fuller is a 4th round pick in 2022, assuming they don't play the free agent market.
And forget Cobb, his contract pays him 10 plus million over the next 2 years.
This teams biggest problem is defensive play calling and poor tackling. A wide receiver isn't going to help that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Christo wrote:
04 Nov 2020 13:26
Yoop wrote:
04 Nov 2020 13:15
Pckfn23 wrote:

I can't blame him for not throwing away a second round pick for a guy who's never played a full season. And the best the Texan's are going to get for Fuller is a 4th round pick in 2022, assuming they don't play the free agent market.
And forget Cobb, his contract pays him 10 plus million over the next 2 years.
This teams biggest problem is defensive play calling and poor tackling. A wide receiver isn't going to help that.
well then forget Fuller and Cobb, there are/where several other WR's available, as I said if you can't help fix the defense with a suitable player, then your left with helping the offense out score other teams, imo the easiest way to stop teams from running on us at this stage is making them throw the ball.

I wasn't into getting Fuller, I felt from the start Houston was just dangling him for a high draft pick, and his contract demands would make him to expensive to resign, several of the slot receivers could have still helped us and there price tags where a lot cheaper.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Nov 2020 13:59
there are/where several other WR's available, as I said if you can't help fix the defense with a suitable player, then your left with helping the offense out score other teams, imo the easiest way to stop teams from running on us at this stage is making them throw the ball.

several of the slot receivers could have still helped us and there price tags where a lot cheaper.
Such as?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This thing is just going everywhere.

My wife and I are likely going to have to quarantine ourselves too after we heard from some contact tracing.
Yoop wrote: