General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Probably wanted a 2nd rounder. They definitely were not giving him up for a 4th or less.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

A few of us had mid round draft grades on him.

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
03 Nov 2020 15:13
I feel like the trade deadline should be even later in the year personally. I think they already bumped it back recently, but should be like after week 10.

I don't know.
I don't think that would have made any difference here. All it would do is reduce the value of trades which would make trades happen even less because what is in it for the team giving up assets.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

49ers cut pettis. Hes not been good but kick the tires.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

We never offered more then a 4th for fuller. Thats a wtf effort. Disappointed in this org and I have defended them for 15 plus years here. This is a swing and miss.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I have no problem not offering a 3rd or higher.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
03 Nov 2020 17:33
We never offered more then a 4th for fuller. Thats a wtf effort. Disappointed in this org and I have defended them for 15 plus years here. This is a swing and miss.
Thats the best effort I would have offered for a 1/2 a year deal as well.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah: even if I’m offering a 3rd here, I want a 6th back maybe. Or maybe give them a 4th and MVS.

2nd is a joke and a bigger miss by Houston. They now maybe get a 2022 4th round comp pick, assuming they sign no one else, and waste another 5-6 million in cap carryover room for next year. They could have had those cap savings and a 2021 4th or close to. I’m sure GB would have thrown in some fluff or a young prospect.

4th was 100% the proper offer from GB, IMO.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
03 Nov 2020 19:06

Yeah: even if I’m offering a 3rd here, I want a 6th back maybe. Or maybe give them a 4th and MVS.

2nd is a joke and a bigger miss by Houston. They now maybe get a 2022 4th round comp pick, assuming they sign no one else, and waste another 5-6 million in cap carryover room for next year. They could have had those cap savings and a 2021 4th or close to. I’m sure GB would have thrown in some fluff or a young prospect.

Yeah people cant complain over that offer.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we like our team mates, what would/should we expect our players to say, no one throws a friend under a bus.

the time to shore up weak positions passed with the draft, water has washed out that bridge, was still hoping though for a wide body DT or a slot receiver on the cheap, not to be though, is what it is.

I had to laugh at Rodgers and Clark though, they sound like a couple of trained seals touting the company line.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/n ... 142761002/

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Nov 2020 19:09
BF004 wrote:

I can do whatever thw Heck I want :swear: :)

I would have met in the middle and threw a 3 in there. Honestly is this is a move that could put the O over (I think it could have) make the move. A pick in the 90s for a player that could net you a run at the sb and a huge upgrade at the position. Fuller is better then any wr not named Adams and don't say lazard.

Oh well. Nothing to lose sleep over but a late 3rd this guy would have dealt

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Wait, I thought you were done supporting the Packers? ;) :lol:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
04 Nov 2020 11:23
lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Nov 2020 19:09
BF004 wrote:

I can do whatever thw Heck I want :swear: :)

I would have met in the middle and threw a 3 in there. Honestly is this is a move that could put the O over (I think it could have) make the move. A pick in the 90s for a player that could net you a run at the sb and a huge upgrade at the position. Fuller is better then any wr not named Adams and don't say lazard.

Oh well. Nothing to lose sleep over but a late 3rd this guy would have dealt
I still do t think they deal him for a 3rd.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

You are prob right Lupe but at least I throw it out there.

All good. Keep moving forward

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The thing with Fuller is he’s never finished a full season in his 5 seasons. He’s never topped 700 yards. He’s a speed guy but he’s not going to make up the difference to beat the teams that are better than us and to give up a 2nd or even a 3rd is absurd for a guy you can’t keep next season. So you get 8 games out of him plus playoffs. It’s just not worth it people.

The move that would have helped is getting AB. As much as people probably don’t like him he is extremely talented. He would have transformed the offense for no cost of a draft pick. Instead he goes to a team that gave us the shalackin.

Then you had McClendon go for peanuts which would have taken pressure off of Clark and given you a space eater on early downs. Avery Williamson could have helped a ton. He’s having a bad year but I’m betting he’s unmotivated on the Jets.

Like most said the time to improve this run defense was in the offseason. And by offseason I meant the 2017 offseason.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Nov 2020 11:25
Wait, I thought you were done supporting the Packers? ;) :lol:
Who isnt supporting the packers

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BF004 wrote:
100%
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The Packers have almost an embarrassment of riches on the O-line. Jenkins is already a star. Bakhtiari is obvious, but going to be very expensive. Turner and Wagner have been solid as can be this year. Runyan is already proving to be valuable. But the 2 I want to focus on are Linsley and Patrick.

Linsley was a guy I thought could easily be cut. But he's been stellar and he may be worthy of keeping around on a new contract, but that won't be cheap. Your looking at $50+M for a top C salary these days (total value). Corey's last one was half that.

Lucas Patrick has been a great chess piece on the line as well. I don't think we are going to be able to string him along for his tiny salary next season. I'm sure he wants a shot to be a sure starter somewhere and a good contract. Will he hold out if we don't pay him? How much can we expect to have to pay him?

So who do you extend/re-sign? You can't pay everyone. I don't know the answer, but we're bound to let some talented guys go. Nice problem to have this year and not what I was (or most people were) expecting.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think Aaron Jones should be priority over David Bak.

He is a difference maker. He makes our Oline's holes appear bigger.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2020 08:25
I think Aaron Jones should be priority over David Bak.

He is a difference maker. He makes our Oline's holes appear bigger.
tough choices for the FO, I've felt Jones was the top need for a long time though, the offenses takes on a whole new look with him on the field, and this oline has looked pretty good all year except against 5 and 6 man rush groups which they shouldn't be blamed much for.

my second choice was between Bak and King, if King could stay healthy he would get the nod there to I think, course I hate losing any of these 3.