Jaguars @ Packers 11/15/20 Nooner GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Jaguars @ Packers 11/15/20 Nooner GDT

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crowd noise at games is so weird.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2020 08:55
Crowd noise at games is so weird.
simply deafening, even Pete would be proud of the crowd noise at Lambeau this season :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I know probably the least about the Jaguars of any team in the league.

The only thing I know is their only win this year is when I picked them to lose in Double Elimination Survivor. I think Gardner Minchew is out and I don't know who their backup is.

Honestly, we are on a stretch of games basically to end the season where our defensive numbers should start to look very good. The opportunity is there to start building some defensive confidence only to have it shatter in January when we play the Seahawks. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2020 09:41
Honestly, we are on a stretch of games basically to end the season where our defensive numbers should start to look very good. The opportunity is there to start building some defensive confidence only to have it shatter in January when we play the Seahawks. :lol:
We are 17th in points and 11th in yards. So despite no one being remotely happy with our play, we are maybe a slightly above average defense. When they talk about this being a historic year for offenses, that clearly will have implications for the defensive numbers as well. One might hope we improve both numbers playing next week against Jacksonville.

This D can still be really good, and without anything big. Maybe get just a hair better play from the safeties, get Kirksey and Martin healthy in the middle. Get Preston and Gary to pick it up a hair, Za'Darius was a 2nd half player last year, could he turn it on again?

Just a few really small improvements can make a drastic difference.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
09 Nov 2020 10:16
go pak go wrote:
We are 17th in points and 11th in yards. So despite no one being remotely happy with our play, we are maybe a slightly above average defense. When they talk about this being a historic year for offenses, that clearly will have implications for the defensive numbers as well. One might hope we improve both numbers playing next week against Jacksonville.

This D can still be really good, and without anything big. Maybe get just a hair better play from the safeties, get Kirksey and Martin healthy in the middle. Get Preston and Gary to pick it up a hair, Za'Darius was a 2nd half player last year, could he turn it on again?

Just a few really small improvements can make a drastic difference.
I agree, adding I'm expecting Clark to return to his usual self. I don't think the D has a sky-high ceiling, but it can become good enough to not hold the O back.

Meanwhile, yeah, the Jaguars are a team that stir zero emotions, but it's always interesting to get to watch teams we face rarely.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

This another you've got be a professional and take care of business game. This should be a blowout from start to finish.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:

The only thing I know is their only win this year is when I picked them to lose in Double Elimination Survivor. I think Gardner Minchew is out and I don't know who their backup is.

I think we beat the Seahawks in the playoffs. We usually stymie Wilson pretty good in the postseason and their defense is worse than ours.

It’s the Buccs and Rams I have major concerns with.

As for this game we are gonna put the stomping on them. We probably hold King back one more week in this one for the 2nd half of the season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Nov 2020 11:39
go pak go wrote:

I think we beat the Seahawks in the playoffs. We usually stymie Wilson pretty good in the postseason and their defense is worse than ours.

As for this game we are gonna put the stomping on them. We probably hold King back one more week in this one for the 2nd half of the season.
The Seahawks is going to be a shootout for sure. The team who wins the turnover battle will win the game.

But yes. Our defense is designed for teams like Seattle. Our team is also designed for teams like the Bucs and Rams IF we get into leads.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I'm not afraid of the Rams. I would much rather play them than the Cardinals and I still think the Eagles would be a scary match-up for us, as it was last year.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
09 Nov 2020 13:09
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I'm not afraid of the Rams. I would much rather play them than the Cardinals and I still think the Eagles would be a scary match-up for us, as it was last year.
I disagree. Cardinals have weapons, but Jaire would be a good matchup against Nuk. There defense is much worse than the Rams. Kyler would sure be trouble I bet but we should be able to score too.

For the rams, they’ll be content to run all day. Donald could hurt our run game and they have the kind of DL that bullies Rodgers. Also Ramsey could neutralize Adams and force us to rely on everyone else. I think Rams are a worse matchup for us than many teams, even the other good ones.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

updates:

Jamaal Williams, Kamal Martin back at practice. They’re off reserve/COVID-19 list.
Jordan Love, Krys Barnes, AJ Dillon still on it.

Rick Wagner, Vernon Scott, Will Redmond, Darrius Shepherd, Dexter Williams on the side.
Jaire Alexander not here, still in concussion protocol.
IT. IS. TIME

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Would be nice to get Barnes back, especially since they love to pound James Robinson. Hopefully this can be one of those stress free games where Rodgers and is weapons are on, and we get pressure on a young QB early to scare the life out of him.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packfntk wrote:
10 Nov 2020 07:17
Would be nice to get Barnes back, especially since they love to pound James Robinson. Hopefully this can be one of those stress free games where Rodgers and is weapons are on, and we get pressure on a young QB early to scare the life out of him.
I'm kind of hoping it is Martin and Kirksey.

A good game to get their sea legs together.
Yoop wrote:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2020 07:46
Packfntk wrote:

Totally. Also would be nice to get Lazard back this week and slowly give him some reps.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packfntk wrote:
10 Nov 2020 09:07
go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2020 07:46
Packfntk wrote:

Totally. Also would be nice to get Lazard back this week and slowly give him some reps.
I think the LATEST we can activate Lazard is Monday or else he stays on IR for good.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Here is some discussion at a Jaguars forum regarding Jake Luton.
I've seen enough from Luton today. He is much better than Minshew. For a kid to come in with only 4 practices as a starter under his belt and keep us in this game, shows me a lot. He definitely has a stronger arm than Minshew. That is obvious. He avoids the pass rush much better than Minshew and he just throws a better looking pass than Minshew. He did make some mistakes, as any rookie would, but to be thrown in as the starter with 4 practices with the first team, I liked what I saw. Does this mean he's a franchise QB? Of course not, but he certainly deserves to be the starter from here on out. In fact, if he isn't, I'm done watching the Jaguars this season. I wanna see more of what this kid can do as he gets more reps with the first team.

There is definitely a difference between him and Minshew and he seems kinda electric. I Liked what I saw overall.
Jesus can we stay grounded for once. If the Houston D wouldnt have butterfingers like they did today, Luton could have gotten intercepted 3+ times. He had a solid game for a kid with little prep time, but he made plenty of mistakes. Lets see how he does next week.
Luton is very sensitive to pressure and it causes him throw too quickly and recklessly. Can that be worked out of him? We'll see in the next couple of games.
I know but you also say "he is better than Minshew" after one game. Not that I care much, Im rooting for next Seasons QB and I don't mind if we get a high pick with Minshew or Luton under center.
But like I said, if things go a little bit better for the Houston D, he gets intercepted 3 times or more. If the Houston D holds on to those very catchable balls, I doubt you write what you wrote about him being better than Minshew. Its a fine margin and I agree that we need much more time to assess Luton, but me personally, Im done hyping guys before we see them for more than 5 games. What I will say is that Luton did enough today to warrant watching the Jags play next week (and be a little more excited about it). But that's about it.
I'm curious on the play-calling for Luton against Houston. It appeared he took a few more deep/intermediate shots than Minshew recently. But, how much of that was:

1. Using a limited playbook for Luton
2. Luton possibly more likely to look downfield (I find this strange since Minshew came from the air raid unless Gruden is coaching him away from looking downfield)
3. Minshew knowing he was limited in his ability to throw due to injury so didn't try the deeper passes (seems most likely to me)
4. Houston secondary is atrocious and guys were just open.

I find it really strange that last year, Minshew excelled in the intermediate/deep passes and that was his strength in college as well, yet we don't seem to do it much. Makes me wonder if Gruden is really using his QBs to their skillsets if Minshew's injury was causing him to limit his deeper passes on his own.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just feel if there is a game to dial it up and send pressure, this is the game to do so. Also, we need to play heavier set. This is a game to have both ILBs because their running attack is rather good.

I don't see much reason to see a lot of Raven Greene outside of 3rd down.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Luton puts some good things on tape. But also things you would expect any NFL quarterback to make. He does seem to have 5 to 7 step drop backs on his good plays. Definitely has some accuracy inconsistency.

But he can put together a drive when hot.

Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Packers are favored by 14 points.

Must be turning the corner. Are you kidding me , La ? :thwap: