Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Christo wrote:
05 Nov 2020 13:36
go pak go wrote:
04 Nov 2020 14:09
Yoop wrote:
04 Nov 2020 13:59
there are/where several other WR's available, as I said if you can't help fix the defense with a suitable player, then your left with helping the offense out score other teams, imo the easiest way to stop teams from running on us at this stage is making them throw the ball.

several of the slot receivers could have still helped us and there price tags where a lot cheaper.
Such as?
Yeah, that's a good question. Other than Fuller, the only other names being thrown about were AJ Green and Julio Jones. And both of guys are well past they're sell by date. Jamison Crowder was mentioned, but another guy with a hefty contract. Believe he has a 10 million dollar cap hit over the next 2 years.
someone mentioned the kid Ross here, and there are a bunch of others, there are two ways to look at this, Fuller was a very expensive established deep threat, Ross though is on the last year of his rookie contract who has not lived up to draft slot taken, sure it would have been a gamble, however we are a short ball offense now more and ya can never have enough slot type , short area quickie type receivers, now I admit I have not researched all about him, or any of these other receivers on this list, but there are numerous options here.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patrio ... s-consider

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Nov 2020 15:14
Christo wrote:
05 Nov 2020 15:11
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Nov 2020 15:01
Much more zone for sure.

Not sure I ever saw Preston Smith lined up wide on a number 1, last year... ;)
Are they playing more zone because Kings been out the last few games?
I'm just asking, I don't know if that's the reason.
They were playing more zone before King went out.

There are other things I can point to (with evidence) that I don't necessarily want to get into because I know what the reaction will be, and frankly just don't even want to deal with it. Not from you, btw.
I had this thought - when you play zone and off, you tend to have more chances at INTs off bad throws, but will get screwed if the QB has time. The winds were rough in the Vikes game, so maybe Pettine thought they could snatch a possession or two out of errant Cousins throws in the wind. Maybe betting on them not being patient enough to stick with the running game.

Sure didn't work.

I don't think Pettine is the worstest DC in the league, and he does have pretty bad ILBs and some other weaknesses, but I have been VERY disappointed at how opponents have found ways to neuter the strengths of his defenses this season. Also, no progression with the top players, regression instead.

Tonight, just get the win. I'm not one for style points.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Yoop wrote:
05 Nov 2020 15:25
Christo wrote:
05 Nov 2020 13:36
go pak go wrote:
04 Nov 2020 14:09

Such as?
Yeah, that's a good question. Other than Fuller, the only other names being thrown about were AJ Green and Julio Jones. And both of guys are well past they're sell by date. Jamison Crowder was mentioned, but another guy with a hefty contract. Believe he has a 10 million dollar cap hit over the next 2 years.
someone mentioned the kid Ross here, and there are a bunch of others, there are two ways to look at this, Fuller was a very expensive established deep threat, Ross though is on the last year of his rookie contract who has not lived up to draft slot taken, sure it would have been a gamble, however we are a short ball offense now more and ya can never have enough slot type , short area quickie type receivers, now I admit I have not researched all about him, or any of these other receivers on this list, but there are numerous options here.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patrio ... s-consider
I had mentioned Ross before along with a few others. Yes, he would have been cheap. But like many have said the question is, can he catch. Still think it might have been a good low risk gamble.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Nov 2020 15:14
Christo wrote:
05 Nov 2020 15:11
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Nov 2020 15:01
Much more zone for sure.

Not sure I ever saw Preston Smith lined up wide on a number 1, last year... ;)
Are they playing more zone because Kings been out the last few games?
I'm just asking, I don't know if that's the reason.
They were playing more zone before King went out.

There are other things I can point to (with evidence) that I don't necessarily want to get into because I know what the reaction will be, and frankly just don't even want to deal with it. Not from you, btw.
No problem. I will say this, with King being out for multiple games again. It makes it easier for the Packers to let him walk after this season.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Only 3 teams have 2 wins in the NFC. They are all in the East.

The East is now 2-16-1 outside the division. One of those wins is Dallas over Atlanta where there was a missed onside kick.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I never cared for him as a first round prospect, but damn.

I still don’t like any of our 4+ edge guys, so if he is better than Ramsey, I’d bring him on.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
10 Nov 2020 07:36

I never cared for him as a first round prospect, but damn.

I still don’t like any of our 4+ edge guys, so if he is better than Ramsey, I’d bring him on.
Falcon fans over on FF are saying he is a locker room cancer. You have to wonder seeing he was a high pick and is still young and Atlanta decided to dump him instead of trying to trade him. He has trouble staying healthy too. Could it be that the Falcons couldn't get any takers? If so I don't know if I'd want this guy anywhere near 1265 either...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well also he was a first round pick.

Many teams might not want to take on that contract plus give draft compensation. But for free and cheaper, then maybe.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
10 Nov 2020 08:24
Well also he was a first round pick.

Many teams might not want to take on that contract plus give draft compensation. But for free and cheaper, then maybe.
Takk REALLY wanted outta town. I doubt he'd settle for being 4th string OLB, likely looking for a more snaps to get film out for FA.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Tramon signing with Ravens

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lake shark wrote:
10 Nov 2020 17:53
Ouch. That actually hurts.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2020 18:02
lake shark wrote:
How?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Nov 2020 18:19
go pak go wrote:
lake shark wrote:
How?
A guy can't have feelings? I like Tramon Williams. It pains me to see players I love in other uniforms.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2020 19:05
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

How?
A guy can't have feelings? I like Tramon Williams. It pains me to see players I love in other uniforms.
Ravens can give their back end some veteran insurance for the stretch run, but we obviously can’t for some reason. That hurts me.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Nov 2020 19:43
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

How?
Ravens can give their back end some veteran insurance for the stretch run, but we obviously can’t for some reason. That hurts me.
It would be nice to have Williams instead of Kada'ar Holman for sure. I thought Holman really struggled vs SF.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2020 19:45
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

It would be nice to have Williams instead of Kada'ar Holman for sure. I thought Holman really struggled vs SF.
Your statement is very true...I will take it a step further though...with King being prone to go down at any time...I would take a fresh Tramon Over our CB3 (Kings backup) Josh Jackson in a playoff game.

Jaire in concussion protocol now too. But hey, I’m sure we will hear “Gutey tried” or “showed interest” at some point. :messedup:

I mean Tramon over Josh Jackson or splitting snaps with him in January is an obvious upgrade from just Jackson right?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

I was one of the fans wanting Damon Snacks Harrison in GB...but he signed in Seattle on 10/7 and still hasn't played a snap.
Pete Carroll mentioned conditioning, so maybe he had too many snacks. I can see managing his workload, but not even being active on Sunday is telling. We'll see if he steps up down the stretch
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

How?
Signing anyone right now hurts our cap rollover which is already pretty small but every little bit helps at this point.

I would rather see what we have and get game reps for Jackson and Holman. It makes more sense long term. The impact Williams is going to have on this team is minimal.

He isn’t going to get time over Alexander, King, or Sully and I’m not so sure he would get time over Jackson either. The only advantage may be playing him at FS over Savage but Williams hasn’t been the most sure tackler either.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Nov 2020 14:06
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Signing anyone right now hurts our cap rollover which is already pretty small but every little bit helps at this point.

I would rather see what we have and get game reps for Jackson and Holman. It makes more sense long term. The impact Williams is going to have on this team is minimal.

He isn’t going to get time over Alexander, King, or Sully and I’m not so sure he would get time over Jackson either. The only advantage may be playing him at FS over Savage but Williams hasn’t been the most sure tackler either.
I remember that game when Tramon could have got his bull fighting license he olayed Adrian Peterson so many times. They aren't going to throw the ball get him out and stick in anyone who will at least try to bounce off him and slow him up.