Jaguars @ Packers 11/15/20 Nooner GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

I remember the Packers-Jags game several years ago where Rodgers was being dragged down - and drilled one into the EZ to hit Adams on an impossible catch ...over Davon House. Starts at 1:43
And there's some Marcedes Lewis highlights in there too from his Jags days

https://youtu.be/GcNq5T7BmdQ?t=102
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
10 Nov 2020 21:34
I remember the Packers-Jags game several years ago where Rodgers was being dragged down - and drilled one into the EZ to hit Adams on an impossible catch ...over Davon House. Starts at 1:43
And there's some Marcedes Lewis highlights in there too from his Jags days

https://youtu.be/GcNq5T7BmdQ?t=102
First post too :aok:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from Bill Huber at SI

Turnstile Taylor

"Jacksonville selected offensive tackle Jawaan Taylor early in the second round of the 2019 draft. In time, maybe he’ll play to those expectations. However, he remains a work in progress. Of 55 offensive tackles to play at least 50 percent of the pass-protecting snaps this season, the Jags’ right tackle ranks 52nd in PFF’s pass-blocking metric with five sacks and 32 total pressures.

Za’Darius Smith and Preston Smith had some impactful rushes against San Francisco on Thursday night and could be primed to do so again if the Packers can take an early lead."
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
11 Nov 2020 07:15
First post too
It was a great throw/catch, definitely worthy of 2 posts 8-)

from the Dope Sheet

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-ho ... t-lambeau

* It is the first time Green Bay has started 6-2 or better in back-to-back years since 2001-02.
* The Packers have won 11 of their last 13 regular-season games.
* Last season, Green Bay won both weeks after it played a game on a Thursday night.
* Green Bay has won 15 of the last 18 games it has played against an AFC team at Lambeau Field.
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ah i wish I had like an hour every week to just read the dope sheet cover to cover.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from Packers Wire

S Josh Jones: The former Packer is second on the Jaguars defense in snaps played and total tackles. He’s allowed two touchdown passes and a passer rating of 145.0 into his coverage, per PFF. He wears # 29 in Jville
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

more connections

The Packers offense is coordinated by former Jaguars coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, and the offense features three former Jaguars:
receiver Allen Lazard, running back Tyler Ervin and tight end Marcedes Lewis.
IT. IS. TIME

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

BSA wrote:
11 Nov 2020 11:59
from Packers Wire

S Josh Jones: The former Packer is second on the Jaguars defense in snaps played and total tackles. He’s allowed two touchdown passes and a passer rating of 145.0 into his coverage, per PFF. He wears # 29 in Jville
Well, I guess it's safe to say he hasn't improved at all
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Yea the jags are really bad. Taylor at RT is a mess. The interior is actually sound. Backup rookie qb we should hit early and offer. I see 3 turnovers and 5 sacks

On d they are even worse. Only 8 sacks on the season. Taven Bryan is a scrub. Josh allan is going to be good but he cant do it alone. Rookie Devon Hamilton has played decent.

There cbs are awful and Josh jones is starting at SS. Yes our old Josh jones

Stay healthy and pound them.
49-13.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
11 Nov 2020 12:04
more connections

The Packers offense is coordinated by former Jaguars coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, and the offense features three former Jaguars:
receiver Allen Lazard, running back Tyler Ervin and tight end Marcedes Lewis.
Interesting note, Adam Stenavich was OL Coach when Tyler Ervin was the RB there including Ervin's senior season where got 1601 rushing yards and 13 TD's.

Think I remember hearing Stenavich pounding the table to bring Ervin here when he was available last year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So we could be looking at both King and Alexander out this week.

I am guessing they will give Jaw every second to clear protocol, but Jackson and Holman is a real possibility.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
12 Nov 2020 07:37

I am guessing they will give Jaw every second to clear protocol, but Jackson and Holman is a real possibility.
Extra time can mean a lot to a concussed brain. I'd rather see him get the extra week.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cdragon wrote:
12 Nov 2020 10:56
go pak go wrote:
12 Nov 2020 07:37

Extra time can mean a lot to a concussed brain. I'd rather see him get the extra week.
I agree.

DJ Shark or whatever his name is very good. He is a true Number 1 receiver. But this is about as good as a game as any to let Jackson and Hollman see what they can do.

I am leaning towards sitting out both King and Alexander so they are ready vs Philip Rivers who is a Packers killa.

I want our guys playing at their max in December. I don't want any lingering injuries. Get them right now so they are great when they need to be great.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

King is a lingering injury. I would like him to go if he can to shake the rust. Its a good match up against a bigger wr.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
12 Nov 2020 11:54
King is a lingering injury. I would like him to go if he can to shake the rust. Its a good match up against a bigger wr.
He tried to practice a couple weeks ago and reinjured it and hasn't gone since.

These are the exact type of injuries you don't want to push.

I don't want to read a story in April about Kevin King getting surgery because the coaching staff let him back too soon like we have seen over and over and over again.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

go pak go wrote:
12 Nov 2020 12:00
Backthepack4ever wrote:
12 Nov 2020 11:54
He tried to practice a couple weeks ago and reinjured it and hasn't gone since.

These are the exact type of injuries you don't want to push.

I don't want to read a story in April about Kevin King getting surgery because the coaching staff let him back too soon like we have seen over and over and over again.
He has been practicing in a limited roll for 2 weeks. The packers have been pretty good at not forcing guys back to soon. If they think hes ready to go he needs to go.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »