Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Big November 15, 2020 games for the Packers:

1. San Francisco at New Orleans (3:25) : The Saints have a really easy schedule from here on out until they play KC right before Christmas. The 49ers will largely be the same team that we played. An upset here would be huge but unlikely.

2. Seattle and LA Rams (3:25): Seattle really has two more tough games and then they are smooth sailing until Week 16 and 17 with division re-matches vs the Rams and 9ers. It would be really great if the Rams can at least split this series and the best shot is to do it at SoFi.

3. Buffalo at Arizona (3:25): The Cardinals are still a threat. And it would be great to be in a position to root for the Cards to save their season two weeks from now at Seattle.

4. Buccanears at Carolina (noon): This is to save the Panthers season.

5. Vikings at Bears (Monday Night): I don't really care who wins this one. I would have definitely been a MN if GB beat them two weeks ago.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Good for Nagy.

Huge respect for him to do that. You know that wasn't easy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2020 16:59
Good for Nagy.

I imagine he was forced.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Packfntk wrote:
13 Nov 2020 17:48
go pak go wrote:
Good for Nagy.

I imagine he was forced.
i imagine he's desperate. :banana: :beer2:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Cdragon wrote:
13 Nov 2020 19:10
Packfntk wrote:
13 Nov 2020 17:48
go pak go wrote:
Good for Nagy.

I imagine he was forced.
i imagine he's desperate. :banana: :beer2:
As the Packers move toward another North title, you may want to keep an eye on the Vikings ........... their next 4 opponents are Bears, Dallas, Carolina and Jacksonville. They finish up with Tampa, Chicago, New Orleans and the Lions.

Bears finish up with the Vikings, Packers, Lions, Texans, Vikings, Jacksonville and Packers.

:slapfight:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Yahoo Sports
Four Bills players placed on reserve/COVID-19 list, will not travel to play Kyler Murray-led Cardinals
Cassandra Negley
Cassandra Negley·Writer
Sat, November 14, 2020, 2:20 PM EST
Buffalo Bills cornerback Josh Norman tested positive for COVID-19 and is one of four players who will not travel with the team to play the Arizona Cardinals and Kyler Murray in Week 10.

The team announced the news Saturday. Norman was set to return from a hamstring injury.

Tight end Tyler Kroft, cornerback Levi Wallace and safety Dean Marlowe were placed the list as close contacts of Norman, per NFL tracing protocols. Defensive assistant coach Leonard Johnson is also not traveling for the game.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

BF004 wrote:
15 Nov 2020 19:03
Anything the Rookie QBs do has to be looked at through the covid lens. Nothing much to do but study and no crowd noise disrupting their play. It's a lot different if your skull is vibrating too much to hear the playcall from the OC.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Have we mentioned here yet that Brees might be a broken body? Is Jameis gonna keep them afloat the way Teddy Two Gloves did last year?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Idk why everyone keeps talking about Wilson for MVP when it is clearly Mahommes.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Nov 2020 09:58
Idk why everyone keeps talking about Wilson for MVP when it is clearly Mahommes.
Because all of the talking heads made up they're minds after week one. They'll keep beating that drum until it happens.
Pretty much anything negative that he does is painted as a good thing. He throws a pick, the receiver ran the wrong route, he fumbles, the O-line didn't give him enough time. No matter what, it's not his fault.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Well easy to say that now, that wasn't the case two weeks ago when Wilson was the definite frontrunner. Don't think anyone is talking about it anymore.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Christo wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:10
lupedafiasco wrote:
Because all of the talking heads made up they're minds after week one. They'll keep beating that drum until it happens.
Pretty much anything negative that he does is painted as a good thing. He throws a pick, the receiver ran the wrong route, he fumbles, the O-line didn't give him enough time. No matter what, it's not his fault.
I dunno, I feel like the narrative is dying. Mahomes and Murray are the hot names of the moment.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:26
Christo wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I dunno, I feel like the narrative is dying. Mahomes and Murray are the hot names of the moment.
Ahh, but you're not in front of the cameras. Name me one talking head who has ever said they were wrong?
This is just my opinion, but in they're little minds, Mahomes has already won an MVP. Murray is still very young and has lots of time to win one or several of them. But Wilson is approaching that questionable age where father time can diminish your skills in a hurry. Not to mention, his team is very shaky and who knows if they'll be any good in the next few years, They've drafted very poorly over the past few years, always looking to free agency to shore up they're failures in the draft.
So, the push is on to make sure they're guy gets one.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:26
Christo wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I think some of it was that he hasn't won it yet. Maybe a better story than so and so on route to another MVP.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Christo wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:44
Ahh, but you're not in front of the cameras. Name me one talking head who has ever said they were wrong?
This is just my opinion, but in they're little minds, Mahomes has already won an MVP. Murray is still very young and has lots of time to win one or several of them. But Wilson is approaching that questionable age where father time can diminish your skills in a hurry. Not to mention, his team is very shaky and who knows if they'll be any good in the next few years, They've drafted very poorly over the past few years, always looking to free agency to shore up they're failures in the draft.
So, the push is on to make sure they're guy gets one.
I meaaaaan, ok.

Shannon Sharpe says Mahomes and Skip Bayless says Kyler Murray on today's Undisputed--the pinnacle of talking heads.

USA Today had Kyler Murray's MVP campaign as a "winner" and the Seahawks' playoff odds as a "loser" in this morning's winners/losers commentary.

NFL MVP odds have shifted and Mahomes is now the favorite.

Like, people are seeing the same things you are. The narratives you have internalized that are the "talking heads" opinions are biased by the same early-season talk that you accuse the media of sticking by, but it's in your head that they are stuck. The narratives are evolving in real time in reality.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I just heard that KC signed Mahomes to a half Billion 10 year contract, so he must be the best QB, right? :lol:we need to give Rodgers more money :idn:
Last edited by Yoop on 16 Nov 2020 11:05, edited 1 time in total.