Packers #1 Seed

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

There are six 6-3 teams in the AFC, and also a 7-3 team.

Difference between 4 seed and 9 seed is tiebreakers.

Browns and Titans would both be excluded from the playoffs if they started today.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:47
If not, they still play in Philly and against KC for their tougher games.
FYI, Philly is terrible.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:43
NCF wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:47
If not, they still play in Philly and against KC for their tougher games.
FYI, Philly is terrible.
Yeah, but any given Sunday. I still think they will give us fits.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:47
I mean the Jags gave us fits, so sure. But talking about Philly as "one of the tougher games" for any team (the quote in reference was the Saints) is just flat wrong. They cannot block at all. They have almost no passing game. I've had the misfortune of watching two of their games this year. They are atrocious.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:53
NCF wrote:
I mean the Jags gave us fits, so sure. But talking about Philly as "one of the tougher games" for any team (the quote in reference was the Saints) is just flat wrong. They cannot block at all. They have almost no passing game. I've had the misfortune of watching two of their games this year. They are atrocious.
You can choose to believe that if you want. They have been extremely banged up, too. We'll see them in a couple of weeks. It's not an automatic for us and it's not an automatic for other teams. They are still in first place and have a ton to play for. I just think it is a mistake to write them off yet.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
16 Nov 2020 11:57
YoHoChecko wrote:
NCF wrote:
You can choose to believe that if you want. They have been extremely banged up, too. We'll see them in a couple of weeks. It's not an automatic for us and it's not an automatic for other teams. They are still in first place and have a ton to play for. I just think it is a mistake to write them off yet.
I agree with YoHo. This is not your Philly team of the past, they are not good at all. We should win that game by 2 scores, but a loss is not in the cards unless it is an epic collapse.

There are only 5 teams with a worst offense in yards, and they play in a terrible division.
They cannot stop the run.
Wentz loves turning the ball over (2nd in NFL with 12 INT's)
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Packfntk wrote:
16 Nov 2020 12:06
NCF wrote:
16 Nov 2020 11:57
YoHoChecko wrote:

I agree with YoHo. This is not your Philly team of the past, they are not good at all. We should win that game by 2 scores, but a loss is not in the cards unless it is an epic collapse.

There are only 5 teams with a worst offense in yards, and they play in a terrible division.
They cannot stop the run.
Wentz loves turning the ball over (2nd in NFL with 12 INT's)
Wentz wants a title, any title will do, he's just off the pace of Brett Favre for the season :clap:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yoop wrote:
16 Nov 2020 12:12
Wentz wants a title, any title will do, he's just off the pace of Brett Favre for the season :clap:
Didn't Favre actually say he would have taken Foles over Wentz? :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Packfntk wrote:
16 Nov 2020 12:18
Yoop wrote:
16 Nov 2020 12:12
Didn't Favre actually say he would have taken Foles over Wentz? :lol:
I did read that he said this "I do know we should all be treated equal. If you can’t do that, you shouldn’t be in America."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

go pak go wrote:
16 Nov 2020 08:08
We want the Saints to drop two games but not 3 games because a 12-4 Bucs winning the South is game over for us.
I think we can beat the Bucs. Not if we play them like we played them last time, of course - but I got the impression then that they were really up for the game and we weren't. Our team turned up expecting a win and weren't prepared for the bucs playing so well.

Next time, we would hope, we will be ready.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

dsr wrote:
18 Nov 2020 09:01
go pak go wrote:
We want the Saints to drop two games but not 3 games because a 12-4 Bucs winning the South is game over for us.
I think we can beat the Bucs. Not if we play them like we played them last time, of course - but I got the impression then that they were really up for the game and we weren't. Our team turned up expecting a win and weren't prepared for the bucs playing so well.

To be quite honest, our team really hasn't played to the level I would hope since the bye to beat any of the top teams.

Houston and SF they seemed to rise up. But TB, MN and JAX we got hosed from an effort standpoint. At this point, my expectations are low vs Indy until this Packers prove me otherwise.

We can for sure beat any team in this conference. No team is all that superior, but we need to simply play better and with more effort consistently.

But my post here had nothing to do with if we can beat teams in January. It is simply for setting ourselves up for that top seed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
go pak go wrote:

after reading your post DSR the first thought to come was how it sounded so much like the talk I heard last year after the first shellacking from the niners, "just wait till next time" thing is we didn't do anything on defense to make the out come different the next time, the Smith Bros played like zombies, and Pettine used a hybrid 40 front with 1 ILB (martinez) and he'd play the front side gaps and the niners RB would just cut it to the backside wide open gaps, I give the niners credit for taking advantage of a stubborn coach, so hopefully he's learned his lesson and will make adjustments based on our failures against the Buc's should we meet them again in the playoffs :mrgreen:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2020 09:21
dsr wrote:

after reading your post DSR the first thought to come was how it sounded so much like the talk I heard last year after the first shellacking from the niners, "just wait till next time" thing is we didn't do anything on defense to make the out come different the next time, the Smith Bros played like zombies, and Pettine used a hybrid 40 front with 1 ILB (martinez) and he'd play the front side gaps and the niners RB would just cut it to the backside wide open gaps, I give the niners credit for taking advantage of a stubborn coach, so hopefully he's learned his lesson and will make adjustments based on our failures against the Buc's should we meet them again in the playoffs :mrgreen:
Interesting dynamic there. I can see both sides a little.

I genuinely felt (and still feel, at full strength) like the 49ers' team was taylor-made to beat us. The strength in the middle of the field on offense, the strong running game, and the speed just fit our defensive weaknesses to a tee; that may be a little less true this year, but still feels valid. Plus the coaching relationships in which no one knows MLF better than the guys running the offense and defense of the 49ers, and MLF needing a little more experience to be able to counter those factors.

I don't feel like that's particularly true of the Bucs this year. I don't look at their team and say "oh here is how they clearly can exploit us time and again."

And I watched the Bucs game and we were up ten and the offense was hitting their defense just fine. Then back-to-back turnovers put us into a hole and the rest of the game we just weren't the same. BUT AT THE SAME TIME, one could say that of the first 49ers' game, too... that it was close and then a couple plays blew it open and we never recovered and wound up getting blown out. So that "defense" of the team doesn't necessarily hold water.

I'm perfectly fine saying, like "I think this can be a Super Bowl team as long as we don't have to go through [specific team]." That's how I felt about the 49ers last year. Maybe that's the Bucs this year, though I don't get that same feeling, yoop's point stands that the optimistic fan reaction sounds pretty similar.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
15 Nov 2020 19:35
Is the #1 seed sustainable? Colts game will be the first test. Rams looked great today.
Maybe not. Tonight's MNF game will tell us if the Bucs are real or not. Gotta wait and see.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Just checked .............. now we're #3 behind the Saints and Rams. If the season ended today the Buccaneers would be coming to Titletown to face the Packers in the first round. :hide:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We are still in a great spot for that top seed.

We now really need to root against LA Rams (hopefully AZ can split them) and hope the Hawks get upset or get beaten by the Rams.

If that happens, I am very confident we end up the top seed at 13 wins.

But I think we need to run the table.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2020 09:00

We now really need to root against LA Rams (hopefully AZ can split them) and hope the Hawks get upset or get beaten by the Rams.

Yeah, 13 wins will probably get it because NO will at the very least lose to the Chiefs and LAR won't win out against SF, ARI x2, NE, and SEA.

I don't think 4 losses is a possibility right now.

But crap, we've been outscored 75-18 the previous two games coming off a bye. Do we really think this team can handle a week off? I don't even know if I care that much about the #1 seed at this point.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
24 Nov 2020 11:11
go pak go wrote:

Yeah, 13 wins will probably get it because NO will at the very least lose to the Chiefs and LAR won't win out against SF, ARI x2, NE, and SEA.

But crap, we've been outscored 75-18 the previous two games coming off a bye. Do we really think this team can handle a week off? I don't even know if I care that much about the #1 seed at this point.
One less game to play, an extra week to get healthy. I'll take it regardless of the past.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
24 Nov 2020 11:11
go pak go wrote:

Yeah I was thinking about that too. I think at the very least we would like to be a top two seed.

The advantage of being a 2 is we host the first two rounds and then likely go to the 1 seed for the NFC Ship.

For whatever reason I don't want to play NO's in that dome again. I think my two favorite spots for the NFC Ship game is GB or LA. I think the Rams are legit.

I also think the Seahawks have the easiest road in terms of schedule and they have the tiebreaker over us. The Hawks really only have the Rams left and it is at home on their schedule.
Yoop wrote: