Duh Bares Vs. The Packers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Duh Bares Vs. The Packers

Post by Cdragon »

Green Bay, WI

The Green Bay Packers will take on the Chicago Bears on Sunday Night Football, marking the 15th consecutive regular season that the Packers and Bears have squared off in primetime, the longest streak in the NFL since the merger (Elias Sports Bureau).

Sunday will mark Game No. 201 in the NFL's oldest rivalry. The Packers hold a 99-95-6 edge in the series, which includes two playoff games (1-1).
Green Bay has won 10 of the last 12 meetings against the Bears at Lambeau Field.
The Packers have outscored Chicago, 320-170, in the last 12 home games, scoring 20-plus points in 10 of those contests.
It is the ninth time in the last 10 years that the Packers-Bears game at Lambeau Field will be played in primetime.
Last season, Green Bay swept the regular-season series between the two teams for the 15th time in the last 26 years (since 1994) and the seventh time in the last 11 seasons.
Each of the last four matchups between the two teams has been decided by eight points or less.
It is the third and final home game in November, the most for Green Bay in the month of November since 2014.
Green Bay will finish the regular season with four of its last six games at home for the first time since 1977.
The Packers have won 12 of their last 15 regular-season games.
This is an abbreviated version of the Dope Sheet. Read the full version here (PDF).

RODGERS AND THE BEARS

With Aaron Rodgers as the starting quarterback, Green Bay is 19-5 (including playoffs) against the Bears, with one loss coming in 2013 after Rodgers left the game with an injury after the first series.
In the 24 games against Chicago, Rodgers has an overall passer rating of 102.1.
Of the players that have attempted 250 or more passes against the Bears (including playoffs), Rodgers' 102.1 passer rating is No. 1 in league history (No. 2 - Drew Brees, 97.1).
Rodgers has posted a 100-plus passer rating in 10 matchups (min. 15 pass att.) and the Packers are 10-0 in those contests. Rodgers trails Pro Football Hall of Famer Brett Favre (11) for the most 100-plus passer-rating games (min. 15 pass att.) against the Bears since 1950 (stathead.com).
Rodgers has six games with a passer rating of 125-plus against the Bears, the most by any QB against the Bears in NFL history (min. 15 att.). Rodgers has three more than any other QB.
WITH THE CALL

NBC will broadcast the game to a national audience. Play-by-play man Mike Tirico joins analyst Tony Dungy with Kathryn Tappen reporting from the sidelines.

Milwaukee's WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) and three-time Packers Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro John Kuhn (sideline) will call the action. McCarren first joined the team's broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 25th season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 22nd season of broadcasts together. They surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the most regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers with 313 at the 2018 season opener against Chicago.
The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed), WTMJ.com via desktop computer and on numerous devices through NFL Game Pass.
Westwood One Sports will air the game on radio across the country. Ryan Radtke (play-by-play) and James Laurinaitis (analyst) will call the action with Scott Graham hosting the pregame and halftime shows.
This is an abbreviated version of the Dope Sheet. Read the full version here (PDF).

THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK'S OPPONENT:

Packers vs. Bears:

Regular season, all-time: 98-94-6
All-time, Postseason: 1-1
All-time, at home: 49-42-4 (28-20-0 at Lambeau Field)
Streaks: The Packers are 16-4 against Chicago in 20 regular-season meetings since the start of the 2010 season
Last meeting, regular season: Dec. 15, 2019, Lambeau Field, Packers won, 21-13

Just Jeff's prediction
Duh Bares 1.7
Packers 380

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Just win the game! I don't care how.........just WIN WIN WIN. And please, no injuries either :cigar:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

well we've all been waiting for these scientific explanations, happy Turkey everyone :aok:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/neil-degra ... 02226.html

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Nov 2020 07:17
Somebody should do. Ditka got run over by a John Deer walking home from Lambeau Christmas eve.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Our run the table starts now. :box: :box: :box:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sounds like Biscky starting.

Pettine has had Nagy’s number in pretty much every game they’ve played.

I’m expecting a team rally around MVS, expect this to be a crisp, complete game.

Despite a sorry finish last week, I am expecting them to come out high energy and cleaner in home playoff game against our biggest division competition.

Packers all the way. 34-13. This will be our best game this year.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

As we all know these Bear-Packer games can take strange twists and turns sometimes. I really don't think MLF needs to draw up any trick plays for Sunday night's game. Comments?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Nov 2020 08:12
As we all know these Bear-Packer games can take strange twists and turns sometimes. I really don't think MLF needs to draw up any trick plays for Sunday night's game. Comments?
Well he doesn't have to draw them up, he just needs to pull up the page in the computer. I wouldn't mind seeing a trick or two. It is always good to waste time for defenses down the line making them practice defending the oddball. And if they work it is always nice tweaking duh bares nose. :mrgreen:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

The bears really are not a good team. The offense is on par with the Jets. Kenny clark should destroy their interior. Stop thw run and force a few pics

Their d is still good but can be had.

Statement game bc its a div opponent that is trying to get back in the playoff mix. Bury them deep. 35-12

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Trub can run for 1st downs, that's about all I'm worried about with their O.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah good point dragon. The bears benched a healthy bisquick. It’s not like they are going to give him a big contract. If im nagy I literally pretend the guy is Tebow and run him like every other play. Tell him to take off everytime anything in available. If he gets hurt, oh well. But running him in the ground as he scampers is their best chance. Plus nagy tried to make him into a pocket guy, he’s just not that. He can actually throw decently while on the move. I would plan to keep him on the move all night.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

He can be their next Bobby Douglass. :banana:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

If we don't drop 40 on them, I will be disappointed. Rather it be 50. Time to crush someone. Who better?
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
27 Nov 2020 16:22
If we don't drop 40 on them, I will be disappointed. Rather it be 50. Time to crush someone. Who better?
My bigger thing is I want to hold em under 11.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Nov 2020 16:40
paco wrote:
27 Nov 2020 16:22
My bigger thing is I want to hold em under 11.
Yeah their d is still good. Not sure itl be the week to drop 40. Love the holding them to under 11 goal.

Something interesting: as bad at their O is, and it’s bad...they have only lost one game by more than one possession all season...that was against the Rams. Their d keeps them in ugly games.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If Turd Biscuit starts it’s gonna be a lot to a little.

If Foles starts it’s gonna be a lot to a little.

These dudes can’t score. As long as the offense doesn’t turn the ball over like last week we dominate this game easily.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Another game where Pettine can try new things/schemes. I hope he does and doesn't act like a shy deer in headlights. He needs games to adjust our defense. I think we should be better than the Bears and win. If we don't it can become very ugly very quickly.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I don't care what the final score is as long as we win. The NFL doesn't care about style points.