What Are You Watching?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

paco wrote:
24 Nov 2020 16:13
Wife and I finished watching the series Hannibal. We are big fans of Brian Fuller. Wish to hell he'd get to finish a series before it is cancelled.
I love Mads.. the show was good, a different sort of thriller. Some of the crime scenes were fantastic. The ending was kind of ‘meh’ though.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Gunzaan wrote:
25 Nov 2020 08:10
paco wrote:
24 Nov 2020 16:13
Wife and I finished watching the series Hannibal. We are big fans of Brian Fuller. Wish to hell he'd get to finish a series before it is cancelled.
I love Mads.. the show was good, a different sort of thriller. Some of the crime scenes were fantastic. The ending was kind of ‘meh’ though.
It was. Doesn't help that the show was cancelled early.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

We are watching the 2 turkey games. ;)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Started watching Helstrom on Hulu. Two episodes in and so far so good. :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Almost done with season two of suits.

Pretty good watch so far.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My wife said let's start Game of Thrones! We watched 3 episodes the other day. So far she's complained about the quality of the prop food and too many characters. :roll: She is insufferable.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Just college football and basketball ............ in between the pro football games. We record alot of the games and watch them when we can.

Been watching Face the Nation and Meet the Press for the past several of months, recording the re-run because they are on at the same time. Mostly to get the latest COVID and vaccine news.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Netflix' show Altered Carbon is very, very good if you like sci-fi and action. And like some thinking and style as side dishes.

A very Blade Runner -type vision of the future with a cool catch: Souls of humans can be stored on a chip, and transferred from a body to another. So death of one body isn't necessarily the death of all. Especially for the very rich, who can expect to live essentially forever.

But there has been an unusual murder in the paradise...

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Season 1 of altered carbon was great!

Season 2 was god-awful.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

We got through 2 episodes of Altered Carbon, but that's it. My wife read the book. I was thinking of giving it a better try, but heard it sucked after season 1 so I haven't.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yeah, I enjoyed season 1 of Altered Carbon as well but couldn’t even get through season 2. It was that bad.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Gunzaan wrote:
27 Nov 2020 20:18
Season 1 of altered carbon was great!

Season 2 was god-awful.
I wouldn't say god-awful, but there was certainly a drop off in quality. Especially in the writing. Season 1 had great social and philosophical themes, and great chemistry between the main characters. I couldn't tell you what the deeper themes of season 2 were, and the new side characters weren't nearly as interesting. As popcorn entertainment, it was still OK.

[mention]paco[/mention], the first season works as a standalone, so I'd recommend giving it another go.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
27 Nov 2020 07:20
My wife said let's start Game of Thrones! We watched 3 episodes the other day. So far she's complained about the quality of the prop food and too many characters. :roll: She is insufferable.
:lol:
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
28 Nov 2020 09:16
paco wrote:
27 Nov 2020 07:20
:lol:
I mean, on one hand, you have a wife that says "let's start GoT"... On the other....

I can imagine her being "let's start Star Wars" and then complain about the hair styles and no bras in space in the original trilogy :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I just started X-Files on Hulu. My parents were always big into it and finally got around to seeing what the fuss was all about. Into Season 3. So far, so good. Very slow developing story so far, but seems more like each episode is pretty standalone. From what I understand, a lot of things start coming together as the series goes on into later years.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
28 Nov 2020 10:40
I just started X-Files on Hulu. My parents were always big into it and finally got around to seeing what the fuss was all about. Into Season 3. So far, so good. Very slow developing story so far, but seems more like each episode is pretty standalone. From what I understand, a lot of things start coming together as the series goes on into later years.
I was an avid fan, and thought the show was fantastic at the start, but got slowly diluted as it went on, because the studio wanted to milk it to the max instead of allowing for a logical ending. To their credit, they finally did offer a kind of an end, but it was after my enthusiasm was all spent. Too many filler episodes exhausted me.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

salmar80 wrote:
28 Nov 2020 11:20
NCF wrote:
28 Nov 2020 10:40
I was an avid fan, and thought the show was fantastic at the start, but got slowly diluted as it went on, because the studio wanted to milk it to the max instead of allowing for a logical ending. To their credit, they finally did offer a kind of an end, but it was after my enthusiasm was all spent. Too many filler episodes exhausted me.
I've been at the X Files for about 4yrs now and have finally made it to season 9. And I've been on that for about a year now. It's been a real struggle for the biggest reason:
Spoiler
No Mulder for the whole season, when Duchovny left for a bit
And I don't know WHAT, WHAT happened to the sound production. Or who was in charge of it. Season 9 on any format is almost unwatchable due to the loud footsteps of every single character. If you haven't noticed this in season 9, go back and watch the first couple of episodes. It drowns out dialogue and is entirely too distracting. :kaboom:
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Black Friday deal on Hulu, $1.99 /mo for a whole year.

Cut it in spring, but was planning on getting it again soon anyways. So great find here, will save $50 on the $5.99 plan.

You may have to create a new account so would lose your watch history, but definitely worth it for $50.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

BF004 wrote:
28 Nov 2020 16:32

Cut it in spring, but was planning on getting it again soon anyways. So great find here, will save $50 on the $5.99 plan.

You may have to create a new account so would lose your watch history, but definitely worth it for $50.
I like that.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge wrote:
28 Nov 2020 17:06
BF004 wrote:
28 Nov 2020 16:32

I like that.
Got till Monday I believe to sign up.

I did it today, so today is good, otherwise be sure to do it tomorrow.