Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
28 Nov 2020 17:37
Denver has no QBs for this week's game. Covid exposure.
Sucks bc I thought Denver at home with drew lock vs taysom hills saints may be a spot the saints get caught slipping and lose
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Nov 2020 18:05
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Sucks bc I thought Denver at home with drew lock vs taysom hills saints may be a spot the saints get caught slipping and lose
Broncos will be fine. They've been playing without a QB since Manning retired.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
28 Nov 2020 18:11
Drj820 wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
:rotf: :hail:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I wouldn't mind giving Patricia the DC job.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Nov 2020 19:18
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
28 Nov 2020 18:11
Drj820 wrote:

:rotf: :hail:
I think you mean the corpse of Manning. :rimshot:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Nov 2020 19:45
Only if Belichick is watching his every move.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Nov 2020 16:19
Christo wrote:
24 Nov 2020 08:01
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Nov 2020 03:19

I’ll agree with you there. I never understood how Davis got in. He had four good years with one of those being all time great. Only 7 players are in the 2k club after all. Still not enough for me. Whoever was pulling for Davis really sold him well to make it.

I never got to watch Fleming play. I can’t comment much but as the TE position has changed and become more flashy I would say based on the numbers he doesn’t deserve it either.
In all fairness, I was being a bit sarcastic bringing up Fleming because the only reason for Davis being in the HOF is playing on 2 super bowl winning teams.
Fleming played on multiple super bowl winning teams, 4 rings total.
Add that Sterling Sharpe played at an outstanding level until his neck injury and you can see the hypocrisy of the HOF selection committee.

We've talked about this subject at length previously on the old board......this longevity argument should have been squelched the day Gale Sayers was voted in. Sterling Sharpe's situation is very similar......... people! Think people think! Sayers --> 7 seasons. 5 times All-Pro, 5 times Pro Bowl. 5 productive seasons total. Sharpe --> 7 seasons. 3 times All-Pro, 5 times Pro Bowl, 7 productive seasons total. Then look at Harold Carmichael who just got in...........never All-Pro, 4 Pro Bowls, never more than 67 receptions in a season. Bob Hayes ..... 2 times All-Pro and 3 Pro Bowls, never more than 64 receptions. Isaac Bruce --> ZERO All-Pros, 4 Pro Bowls. Think people think!

The Steve Atwater over Leroy Butler selection makes no sense either. Someone has an affinity toward the Broncos for some reason.

If Terrell Davis got in then let's champion for John Brockington (which admittedly makes little sense too). Brockington had three 1,000 yard seasons and 4 productive seasons overall (one time All-Pro and 3 Pro Bowls) . Terrell Davis had 4 productive seasons overall (All-Pro 3 times and 3 Pro Bowls).

They finally let Bobby Dillon in (4 times All-Pro). Look at this stats.........they're amazing. Besides Leroy Butler.........I am still waiting for Gale Gillingham to get in as well. Bill Forester was All-Pro 3 times........4 Pro Bowls. Roger Wehrli got in with 3 All-Pro selections and 6 Pro Bowls. Donnie Shell got in with 3 All-Pros and 5 Pro Bowls. Leroy Butler has 4 All-Pros and 4 Pro Bowls. C'mon people.........please think think think.
If you don't want people talking about certain things or topics, then say so! If it's going to give you a seizure, then don't read it.
I made a comment, Silly me thinking I could make one without having somebody have a hissy fit.
Please post all subjects that cannot be discussed on this board.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Nov 2020 16:19
Christo wrote:
24 Nov 2020 08:01
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Nov 2020 03:19

I’ll agree with you there. I never understood how Davis got in. He had four good years with one of those being all time great. Only 7 players are in the 2k club after all. Still not enough for me. Whoever was pulling for Davis really sold him well to make it.

I never got to watch Fleming play. I can’t comment much but as the TE position has changed and become more flashy I would say based on the numbers he doesn’t deserve it either.
In all fairness, I was being a bit sarcastic bringing up Fleming because the only reason for Davis being in the HOF is playing on 2 super bowl winning teams.
Fleming played on multiple super bowl winning teams, 4 rings total.
Add that Sterling Sharpe played at an outstanding level until his neck injury and you can see the hypocrisy of the HOF selection committee.

We've talked about this subject at length previously on the old board......this longevity argument should have been squelched the day Gale Sayers was voted in. Sterling Sharpe's situation is very similar......... people! Think people think! Sayers --> 7 seasons. 5 times All-Pro, 5 times Pro Bowl. 5 productive seasons total. Sharpe --> 7 seasons. 3 times All-Pro, 5 times Pro Bowl, 7 productive seasons total. Then look at Harold Carmichael who just got in...........never All-Pro, 4 Pro Bowls, never more than 67 receptions in a season. Bob Hayes ..... 2 times All-Pro and 3 Pro Bowls, never more than 64 receptions. Isaac Bruce --> ZERO All-Pros, 4 Pro Bowls. Think people think!

The Steve Atwater over Leroy Butler selection makes no sense either. Someone has an affinity toward the Broncos for some reason.

If Terrell Davis got in then let's champion for John Brockington (which admittedly makes little sense too). Brockington had three 1,000 yard seasons and 4 productive seasons overall (one time All-Pro and 3 Pro Bowls) . Terrell Davis had 4 productive seasons overall (All-Pro 3 times and 3 Pro Bowls).

They finally let Bobby Dillon in (4 times All-Pro). Look at this stats.........they're amazing. Besides Leroy Butler.........I am still waiting for Gale Gillingham to get in as well. Bill Forester was All-Pro 3 times........4 Pro Bowls. Roger Wehrli got in with 3 All-Pro selections and 6 Pro Bowls. Donnie Shell got in with 3 All-Pros and 5 Pro Bowls. Leroy Butler has 4 All-Pros and 4 Pro Bowls. C'mon people.........please think think think.
Sorry, but you cannot compare receivers using stats from the 60s and 70s with those of today. Back then 64 or 67 receptions was pretty good. Also, pro bowl selections have always been pretty meaningless, since they are popularity contests. Stats are not the only thing that you use to measure football greatness. The impact players had on games is every bit as important. Both Hayes and Carmichael had tremendous impacts on the games they played. Shell's impact on games caused the league to change some rules.

I agree with you on Gillingham. He was better than Kramer or Thurston, but he came along at the end of those championship years and played for some pretty poor teams. Then Devine, in his unbelievable stupidity, tried to turn him into a DL. His timing was when there was such a plethora of Packers that had received accolades for so many years, he was kind of left out.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
28 Nov 2020 14:11
lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Nov 2020 14:07
Lions fire GM and HC.
Took them long enough.
I was sorry to hear this. ;)

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
I'm surprised the league didn't reschedule this game. They have for other teams that got hit with cases.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Nov 2020 19:45
No thanks. He is supposed to be a defensive guru and he let a backup QB beat him in the SB and the Loins' D is a mess too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Begin the reign of the Arizona 49ers

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pugger wrote:
29 Nov 2020 06:31
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
I'm surprised the league didn't reschedule this game. They have for other teams that got hit with cases.
The question isn't about who or how many players have COVID; it's about whether a team-based outbreak is/isn't still actively happening, risking transmission.

The Broncos did not have more positive tests and the issue was contained to the QB room, so they played. The Packers and 49ers' Thursday night game had players from both teams dealing with COVID, but they had enough time between positive tests to play the game. The Ravens had 2 new positives Saturday and 1 Sunday, so they need a clean day of tests today to be able to play, hence the delay and the facility being closed until 5:00pm when the results are completed.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

#Texans WR Will Fuller announces on Instagram he’s been suspended six games for violating the NFL’s performance enhancing substances policy.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Nov 2020 12:45
Pugger wrote:
29 Nov 2020 06:31
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
The question isn't about who or how many players have COVID; it's about whether a team-based outbreak is/isn't still actively happening, risking transmission.

The Broncos did not have more positive tests and the issue was contained to the QB room, so they played. The Packers and 49ers' Thursday night game had players from both teams dealing with COVID, but they had enough time between positive tests to play the game. The Ravens had 2 new positives Saturday and 1 Sunday, so they need a clean day of tests today to be able to play, hence the delay and the facility being closed until 5:00pm when the results are completed.
The Denver WR who played QB (Hilton) stats: 1/9, 13 yards, 2 ints, 0.0 QB rating

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
30 Nov 2020 16:40
#Texans WR Will Fuller announces on Instagram he’s been suspended six games for violating the NFL’s performance enhancing substances policy.
No. Way.

Do we think the Texans knew that when they waived Stills? Probably, but still...

Just when the Texans were looking a bit frisky

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That would be just awful if we had traded for him.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 16:49
That would be just awful if we had traded for him.
Won't matter when I b*tch about Gutekunst never "going all in" for Rodgers next June when we will have all forgotten about the consequence of actually making the trade. ;)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Ravens v Steelers postponed until Wednesday now.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge wrote:
30 Nov 2020 18:44
Ravens v Steelers postponed until Wednesday now.
I don’t get why they are so against a week 18.

Just another week with live games on equals more money, better product. No one wants to watch RG3 over the reigning mvp.