Duh Bares Vs. The Packers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2020 06:13
This was supposed to be a game where we got better on team defense in terms of NFL rank for yards and points. I expected the Packers to easily be top 10 after this last stretch.

But we gave up 351 yards and 25 points which is our average for the year.
big leads allows Pettine to play more prevent, it should be expected because thats what most DC's will do, the only thing that really matters are points given up, and we where subbing in backups when they scored there last TD.

I was impressed with the offense, we saw more pre snap motion and play action then we've seen in the last 4 games combined, we ran more then we passed for over 180 yrds, even with all the musical chairs due to ol injurys we still dominated the trenches, hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
29 Nov 2020 23:12
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
29 Nov 2020 20:19
My wife: Who keeps yelling 3-19??? It is so annoying.

Me: **face palm **
:lol: :lol:
Love it! BLUE 58 BLUE 58 hut hut. :idn:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
29 Nov 2020 22:16
Deep dish pizza isn't "overrated" so much as it's just bad.
Wait wait wait...........Lou Malnati's and Geno's deep dish pizza might be overrated ......... but they are both darn good regardless.

I think brats are over-rated unless they are dipped in hot Milwaukee Country Stadium stadium sauce with kraut. I'd rather have an Italian sausage with tomato sauce, onions and peppers. And I'd rather have a polish sausage with mustard and onions.

Oh Oh .......... now I'm in trouble.........

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
30 Nov 2020 06:45
go pak go wrote:
This was supposed to be a game where we got better on team defense in terms of NFL rank for yards and points. I expected the Packers to easily be top 10 after this last stretch.

big leads allows Pettine to play more prevent, it should be expected because thats what most DC's will do, the only thing that really matters are points given up, and we where subbing in backups when they scored there last TD.

I was impressed with the offense, we saw more pre snap motion and play action then we've seen in the last 4 games combined, we ran more then we passed for over 180 yrds, even with all the musical chairs due to ol injurys we still dominated the trenches, hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
I sure hope this wasn't a 'one off' game for the offense. The precision and discipline early on had to be the best I can recall in quite a while. And the running attack was incredible. If I recall correctly Ryan Grant had at least a couple of great games rushing. And of course Ahman Green. But Aaron Jones seemed to be really really amped last night. Was great to see. Great demoralizer for the opposing defense and opposing fans.

Will watch the re-run later this week. Looking forward to much the same versus the Eagles and Lions. Winning the turnover battle is usually always crucial. GO PACKERS!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:

I mean we all know how the game played out, but still disappointing to let Chicago just go up and down the field like that at the end. Did really hurt the numbers when it didn’t matter, yet we just couldn’t stop them at all either.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 07:13
go pak go wrote:

I mean we all know how the game played out, but still disappointing to let Chicago just go up and down the field like that at the end. Did really hurt the numbers when it didn’t matter, yet we just couldn’t stop them at all either.
I was most proud of our defense in the 3rd quarter. We didn't let them move in the 3rd quarter. The first half we let them move but it was also a credit to our playmakers for making a play. Darnell Savage was fantastic last night.

I think what frustrates me the most about this defense is still how poor we are on 3rd/4th down and in the redzone. We couldn't make stops on those plays last night and that is how they got 25 points. And once again it is because we let them get this underneath crap to get inside the 7 yardline which is so stupid because our run defense is garbage.

What they should have gotten was the yards, but not the points. We have got to stop allowing the damn points. And our situational football on defense is just bad.

It's the reason why we lost to the Colts (which we honestly should have won handedly) and we saw the same thing vs Chicago.

On the other hand, our offense has been unstoppable in the first half of football now against two top defenses in a row. So that is good.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Love how some people in the media blame the Hicks injury for how we ran the ball but don't say anything about Bruckner missing the game for the Colts and having Henry go off on them.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So after we went up 41-10 we gave up 15 points and 147 yards. Ya, does that statistically suck? Sure it does. Did it matter one little bit? No. Should we probably be a little more aggressive, just to set the tone? Maybe. I would have liked to see us make a stop on one of those drives, but oh well, the game was out of hand by that point.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 30 Nov 2020 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:rotf:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Those are awesome BF!

So happy after this win. Nothing more satisfying than wooping the Bears.
RIP JustJeff

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 08:11
So after we went up 41-10 we gave up 15 points and 147 yards. Ya, does that statistically suck? Sure it does. Did it matter one little bit? No. Should we probably be a little more aggressive, just to set the tone? Maybe. I would have liked to see us make a stop on one of those drives, but oh well, the game was out of hand by that point.
I don't care about this late stuff - preventive defense. But I worry about the start of the game where no preventive defense was playing. Our D! sucked against an offense with Trubi-dubi-doo. Look at the 1st half again, don't look at the stats or the outcome, look what happened. Any competent QB would have gotten 14 points on us. Pettine needs to go or MLF has to do some serious talk. We cannot waste such an opportunity: Godgers, Adams, Jones and no $%@# nemesis like the 49ers 2013 or from last year. We have a real shot and Pettine reenacts Dom Capers 2.0.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

German_Panzer wrote:
30 Nov 2020 09:23
Pckfn23 wrote:
I don't care about this late stuff - preventive defense. But I worry about the start of the game where no preventive defense was playing. Our D! sucked against an offense with Trubi-dubi-doo. Look at the 1st half again, don't look at the stats or the outcome, look what happened. Any competent QB would have gotten 14 points on us. Pettine needs to go or MLF has to do some serious talk. We cannot waste such an opportunity: Godgers, Adams, Jones and no $%@# nemesis like the 49ers 2013 or from last year. We have a real shot and Pettine reenacts Dom Capers 2.0.
You mean the start of the game that saw a 57 yard run on a terrible personnel group and alignment, but outside that gave up 32 yards on 3 drives and 3 points. Along with an INT and a scoop and score.

I agree that Pettine needs to go and that 57 yard run is almost all on him, but one can not seriously say that the defense sucked at the start of the game.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

packman114 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 07:41
Love how some people in the media blame the Hicks injury for how we ran the ball but don't say anything about Bruckner missing the game for the Colts and having Henry go off on them.
Or how we had to switch linemen around last night because of injuries. You gotta love that nobody noticed, however.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah, don’t get that.

We gave up net 3 points by the time the game was 41-10.

Not if you were watching the same game there Panzer.

I mean literally, we gave up 10 points and scored 7. We gave up one bad run. Other than that, they were great when it mattered.

But I’ll also agree, I’d be ready to try someone else other than Pettine after this year. But using the first half last night as an argument would be foolish.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

German_Panzer wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
They got a big run but we kept them out of the endzone on the Bears' first drive. I'll gladly trade TDs for us and FGs for our opponents all day long.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 09:37
German_Panzer wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
You mean the start of the game that saw a 57 yard run on a terrible personnel group and alignment, but outside that gave up 32 yards on 3 drives and 3 points. Along with an INT and a scoop and score.

I agree that Pettine needs to go and that 57 yard run is almost all on him, but one can not seriously say that the defense sucked at the start of the game.
I just watch the 49ers defense and all I want is someone like Robert Saleh.

I just really hope MLF can find someone like that. This team is good enough to sneak into the SB this year because the conference is down overall. I don't think we hang very well against the AFC top two teams; however, we have the playmakers on defense and a great performance from Rodgers and Jones could do it.

We have a serious shot at this thing. But moving forward, MLF needs to find a D Coordinator who gets more out of his talent. Not less which is what we are currently getting.

And it is so weird too because after watching 2018 and 2019 (for the exception of giving up big plays), we had a defense that I was very confident with.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
30 Nov 2020 09:44
German_Panzer wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
They got a big run but we kept them out of the endzone on the Bears' first drive. I'll gladly trade TDs for us and FGs for our opponents all day long.
Yep. Last Super Bowl team was big time bend, but don't break. They kept teams out of the endzone but gave up a ton of yards. Also got the turnovers. Turnovers are starting to go in our direction. If that keeps up, maybe, just maybe, our defense will be enough.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
30 Nov 2020 09:44
German_Panzer wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
But we only held them to one FG. The Bears got 3 TDs on their remaining 3 Redzone appearances plus converted the 2. Plus converted a 4th and 11.

This defense is showing it cannot step up on the money downs.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's really tough to log in after a blowout win against a division rival in a week when some of our top conference competition lost and we gained ground and see that there are still people talking about who we should fire and where we failed.

I literally don't even log in here after a loss because it's so bad; but coming in Monday morning after a 41-25 Bears week blowout and seeing multiple threads sidetracked by a couple individual's complaints is disheartening.