Duh Bares Vs. The Packers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Is the word on Savage that he was basically cramping?

It didn't look serious when I saw him go down but I believe Is saw Redmond the entire rest of the game.

Savage is really starting to come out of his shell. Really don't want to see that stopped.

I also will not understand the angst for our offensive weapons. Lazard showed last night he is ready. We have some really good depth and offensive playmakers that we can hopefully gel the final month of the season and into the playoffs.

The only real negative drive I saw last night from the offense was the 1st and 2nd down after the Robert Tonyan hold.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Pugger wrote:
30 Nov 2020 09:41
packman114 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 07:41
Love how some people in the media blame the Hicks injury for how we ran the ball but don't say anything about Bruckner missing the game for the Colts and having Henry go off on them.
Or how we had to switch linemen around last night because of injuries. You gotta love that nobody noticed, however.
Tony Dungy would have said that Packers O-line played so well because Hicks wasn't in... :messedup:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

I expected a win last night but would have thought the Bears defense would have given us more trouble. When this offense is on, it's really fun to watch. The problem has always been consistency.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Nov 2020 09:56
It's really tough to log in after a blowout win against a division rival in a week when some of our top conference competition lost and we gained ground and see that there are still people talking about who we should fire and where we failed.

I literally don't even log in here after a loss because it's so bad; but coming in Monday morning after a 41-25 Bears week blowout and seeing multiple threads sidetracked by a couple individual's complaints is disheartening.
We made a quality Bears D look like high schoolers and capitalized on turnover opportunities on the D. I'm happy as a clam. :lol:

There's a Finnish saying "hunger grows while you're eating", meaning success breeds ever-higher (and often silly) expectations. I think folks want an utterly dominant performance to convince them we are a potential SB winning team, as if such a performance mattered at all in the playoffs. Bad news: There will never be a team so good I'd feel completely safe in the playoffs.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lulu wrote:
30 Nov 2020 11:08
I expected a win last night but would have thought the Bears defense would have given us more trouble. When this offense is on, it's really fun to watch. The problem has always been consistency.
I mean, the team has played multiple games without its best players--LT David Bakhtiari, RB Aaron Jones, WR Davante Adams, WR2 Allen Lazard. They're in and out of the lineup--the guys we thought we literally couldn't survive without.

Of COURSE there's inconsistency. Once they all got back together against the Colts I was hopeful it's flip a switch and be back to normal; they were good but not all the way there last week. This week, they were all the way there. This is how we started the season, and health allowing, should be how we end it, too.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Nov 2020 12:02
lulu wrote:
I mean, the team has played multiple games without its best players--LT David Bakhtiari, RB Aaron Jones, WR Davante Adams, WR2 Allen Lazard. They're in and out of the lineup--the guys we thought we literally couldn't survive without.

Of COURSE there's inconsistency. Once they all got back together against the Colts I was hopeful it's flip a switch and be back to normal; they were good but not all the way there last week. This week, they were all the way there. This is how we started the season, and health allowing, should be how we end it, too.
well put.
I think that to a degree can be said about the defense as well, we have trouble with zone communication, all 3 ILB's have missed time to injury and are first year players in the schemes, people complain about Pettine, I know I tend to agree in some respects (soft zones/ to complicated ) but minus a off season and players new or not healthy enough to practice enough and it's hard to expect to much more.

imo so much about this offense depends on the success of play action, and you have to be able to sell the run for that to work well, and it did last night.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

It's definitely a little hard to complain about consistency on offense.

I mean if Seattle scores 31 points or less tonight, we have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.

Sure we could be better here and there, but then there are 31 other teams saying the same thing about themselves. We literally are the best offense in the NFL.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 12:25
It's definitely a little hard to complain about consistency on offense.

I mean if Seattle scores 31 points or less tonight, we have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.

Sure we could be better here and there, but then there are 31 other teams saying the same thing about themselves. We literally are the best offense in the NFL.
mostly because our defense &%$@ the bed :lol:

as that article I brought or you may have read elsewhere, we are to dependent on situational play and we have to platoon depending on run or pass more then we should, we don't have a grouping that works well enough against both P and R, so Pettine would rather use Green and Kirksey in his base package opting for better coverage, hardly blame him, but better running teams love to see it.

we should invest in a better ILB, WR also :lol:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

lulu wrote:
29 Nov 2020 17:18
Bogey wrote:
28 Nov 2020 22:39
500 fans to be in attendance — Packers full time employees and families. I’ll be working for the first time this season keeping those rowdy Packers employers in line. 😀
For the love of all thats good, please make sure they stay seated.
As you can see, they were exceedingly well-behaved, except for one or two standing troublemakers. The actual attendance was about 280 employees and families. With the players, coaches, trainers, equipment managers, security detail, maintenance workers, ushers and about 50 of us in Guest Services, we definitely had the fans outnumbered and under control. If you look closely, you'll note that at the bottom of each stairway there is a yellow-vested security person making sure those 280 fans don't rush the field. :lol:
Pack vs Bears.jpg
Pack vs Bears.jpg (402.58 KiB) Viewed 467 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Bogey wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:16
lulu wrote:
Bogey wrote:
500 fans to be in attendance — Packers full time employees and families. I’ll be working for the first time this season keeping those rowdy Packers employers in line. 😀
As you can see, they were exceedingly well-behaved, except for one or two standing troublemakers. The actual attendance was about 280 employees and families. With the players, coaches, trainers, equipment managers, security detail, maintenance workers, ushers and about 50 of us in Guest Services, we definitely had the fans outnumbered and under control. If you look closely, you'll note that at the bottom of each stairway there is a yellow-vested security person making sure those 280 fans don't rush the field. :lol:
Pack vs Bears.jpg
Appreciate all that you do Bogey. Glad to here that they weren't too much trouble.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bogey wrote:
lulu wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Pack vs Bears.jpg
So if I claim to be your son, you can get me in next Sunday?? :munch: :idn: :)

:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:26
Bogey wrote:
lulu wrote:

Pack vs Bears.jpg
So if I claim to be your son, you can get me in next Sunday?? :munch: :idn: :)

:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
That would probably get you permanently banned, BF. :lol: My real-life relatives have to pretend they don't know me. :lol:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well I thought it was workers and families, lol.

Feel free to use that pm feature if you ever find a way in this year. ;)

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:31

Will do, BF, but I would never qualify for the game attendance benefit. That's only for full-time employees and their families. I'm part-time seasonal. But it looks like I will be able to work the rest of the games this season, since it seems the Packers are now ready to have limited attendance (last night was a test run) and I'm on the short list of seasonal employees authorized to work on game days.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Bogey wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:43
BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:31

Will do, BF, but I would never qualify for the game attendance benefit. That's only for full-time employees and their families. I'm part-time seasonal. But it looks like I will be able to work the rest of the games this season, since it seems the Packers are now ready to have limited attendance (last night was a test run) and I'm on the short list of seasonal employees authorized to work on game days.
How much of the game do you actually get to watch when you are working? Is it more when there is really no guests to take care of?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2020 09:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 09:37
German_Panzer wrote:
30 Nov 2020 09:23

I don't care about this late stuff - preventive defense. But I worry about the start of the game where no preventive defense was playing. Our D! sucked against an offense with Trubi-dubi-doo. Look at the 1st half again, don't look at the stats or the outcome, look what happened. Any competent QB would have gotten 14 points on us. Pettine needs to go or MLF has to do some serious talk. We cannot waste such an opportunity: Godgers, Adams, Jones and no $%@# nemesis like the 49ers 2013 or from last year. We have a real shot and Pettine reenacts Dom Capers 2.0.
You mean the start of the game that saw a 57 yard run on a terrible personnel group and alignment, but outside that gave up 32 yards on 3 drives and 3 points. Along with an INT and a scoop and score.

I agree that Pettine needs to go and that 57 yard run is almost all on him, but one can not seriously say that the defense sucked at the start of the game.
I just watch the 49ers defense and all I want is someone like Robert Saleh.

I just really hope MLF can find someone like that. This team is good enough to sneak into the SB this year because the conference is down overall. I don't think we hang very well against the AFC top two teams; however, we have the playmakers on defense and a great performance from Rodgers and Jones could do it.

We have a serious shot at this thing. But moving forward, MLF needs to find a D Coordinator who gets more out of his talent. Not less which is what we are currently getting.

And it is so weird too because after watching 2018 and 2019 (for the exception of giving up big plays), we had a defense that I was very confident with.
I'm gonna throw a name out there that might be available after this season, Vic Fangio. It's possible Denver lets him go after another bad year for the Broncos. Not that Elway has done him any favors in getting him better offensive talent. Add in losing Von Miller for the entire year doesn't help.
But it's not out the realm of possibility that he's unemployed in the not too distant future.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Sounds like Savage should be okay.

Corey Linsley has an MCL injury.
The Green Bay Packers are getting some good news on Monday morning on center Corey Linsley’s knee injury. According to NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo, Linsley’s injury is believed to be a sprained MCL, a relatively mild injury given the circumstances.
I would expect Linsley to be back perhaps as early as TEN or even earlier depending on the severity.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
lulu wrote:

That's what a HOF QB gives you ... Opportunity to win any week despite all other factors.

Another top game by Rodgers - 4 TDs 200 plus 132 QB rating

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

YoHoChecko wrote:
lulu wrote:

Thanks for agreeing there is inconsistency, I think?

Inconsistency is OK during the regular season. Inconsistency in the playoffs gets you a ticket home. The issues that I see with this team are between the ears, which is largely the responsibility of the coaching staff. We have the players it takes to get it done but we can ill afford to be our own worst enemy (lack of fire, poor fundamentals, sloppy play, turnovers, foolish penalties). As we saw in the Colts game, this was the deciding factor, in my opinion.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
lulu wrote:

If we hadn't turned the ball over all those times we win that game. :?