Duh Bares Vs. The Packers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
30 Nov 2020 14:07
YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Nov 2020 12:02
lulu wrote:
30 Nov 2020 11:08
I expected a win last night but would have thought the Bears defense would have given us more trouble. When this offense is on, it's really fun to watch. The problem has always been consistency.
I mean, the team has played multiple games without its best players--LT David Bakhtiari, RB Aaron Jones, WR Davante Adams, WR2 Allen Lazard. They're in and out of the lineup--the guys we thought we literally couldn't survive without.

Of COURSE there's inconsistency. Once they all got back together against the Colts I was hopeful it's flip a switch and be back to normal; they were good but not all the way there last week. This week, they were all the way there. This is how we started the season, and health allowing, should be how we end it, too.
That's what a HOF QB gives you ... Opportunity to win any week despite all other factors.

Another top game by Rodgers - 4 TDs 200 plus 132 QB rating
We should all savor our HOF QB before he retires. We forget how lucky we are when you watch other teams with crappy QB play.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lulu wrote:
30 Nov 2020 14:09
YoHoChecko wrote:
lulu wrote:
I expected a win last night but would have thought the Bears defense would have given us more trouble. When this offense is on, it's really fun to watch. The problem has always been consistency.
I mean, the team has played multiple games without its best players--LT David Bakhtiari, RB Aaron Jones, WR Davante Adams, WR2 Allen Lazard. They're in and out of the lineup--the guys we thought we literally couldn't survive without.

Of COURSE there's inconsistency. Once they all got back together against the Colts I was hopeful it's flip a switch and be back to normal; they were good but not all the way there last week. This week, they were all the way there. This is how we started the season, and health allowing, should be how we end it, too.
Thanks for agreeing there is inconsistency, I think?

Inconsistency is OK during the regular season. Inconsistency in the playoffs gets you a ticket home. The issues that I see with this team are between the ears, which is largely the responsibility of the coaching staff. We have the players it takes to get it done but we can ill afford to be our own worst enemy (lack of fire, poor fundamentals, sloppy play, turnovers, foolish penalties). As we saw in the Colts game, this was the deciding factor, in my opinion.
The positive again is at least in the NFC, there isn't any team I would put above the Packers in that regard.

The Saints have the best record though I have trouble being afraid of them. The Seahawks and Rams are likely next to be most feared from us but they too suffer incredibly from inconsistency issues.

We are 2 plays from being 10-1. On the flip side, I can't really think of any game we were "lucky" to win this year. We were the controlling team in all of our wins. Unlike last year where we escaped a few games that we honestly should not have won.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
30 Nov 2020 14:07
YoHoChecko wrote:
lulu wrote:

That's what a HOF QB gives you ... Opportunity to win any week despite all other factors.

Another top game by Rodgers - 4 TDs 200 plus 132 QB rating
But, we have had Rodgers for years... that's not what is different this year. A few things I am looking at jump off the page.

Completion % of 68.5 is the best of his career. Better than 2011, 2014, and 2016. Taking what is there.

YPA of 8.1. The best since his 2014 MVP season. This was a fairly consistent number for Rodgers up until 2015 where it pretty much dropped off a cliff from 8 to 7 and has stayed there since until this season. Given our questionable (to whatever degree) talent, this would seem to be the fruits of play design and play calling.

Sacks. 11. Compare that to 36 last season. His best full season (or 15 game season) was his 2014 MVP season where he was sacked 28 times. He has had seasons of 51, 50, and most recently, 49 back in 2018. Again, goes back to taking what is there and the lights out play of the OL.

image.png
image.png (63.54 KiB) Viewed 488 times

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Yes he has seemed to matured and is focused more on moving the chains. Playbook also a factor seems to be reduced number of verticals outside of play action. Also not hearing any injury issues with him this year which has been able to play through but have been an issue in previous seasons.

Imagine Rodgers with Mahomes weapons.

At the moment seems neck and neck with Mahomes for MVP.

Currently on 117.6 QB rating - if the season finished now that would be two seasons in the top 5 for QB rating. This is also over nearly a 10 year period - often QBs might have one good season but two top 5 seasons 9 years apart shows longevity.

Drew Brees the only QB to have 2 top 10 QB rating seasons.

If he does this I think it solidifies Rodgers as the best QB of all time.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:48
Bogey wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:43
BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:31
Well I thought it was workers and families, lol.

Feel free to use that pm feature if you ever find a way in this year. ;)
Will do, BF, but I would never qualify for the game attendance benefit. That's only for full-time employees and their families. I'm part-time seasonal. But it looks like I will be able to work the rest of the games this season, since it seems the Packers are now ready to have limited attendance (last night was a test run) and I'm on the short list of seasonal employees authorized to work on game days.
How much of the game do you actually get to watch when you are working? Is it more when there is really no guests to take care of?
In my previous position at the Atrium escalator I was more or less stationary and so sometimes I could see a bit of the game on the nearby monitor. With my new position last season as a gameday supervisor, I saw very little of the game except in passing by the TV monitors in the concourse as I moved around the stadium. I had staff to check on throughout the Level 1 and Level 3 concourses, so last season I put on about 10+ miles (20,000+ steps) on a typical game day. When I heard the roar of the crowd I could often stop at a monitor to watch the replay.

Yesterday was a whole different deal. With fewer than 300 fans and a relatively small staff, I actually got to see quite a bit of the game. In fact, I was able to step out into the bowl briefly and watch three touchdowns right below me (Big Dog, Tonyan and Jamal).

No idea what this Sunday will look like or how many fans they're going to allow in, but it was awesome to be back at Lambeau on game day for the first time since January. :banana:
Last edited by Bogey on 30 Nov 2020 16:19, edited 2 times in total.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
30 Nov 2020 16:15

Currently on 117.6 QB rating - if the season finished now that would be two seasons in the top 5 for QB rating. This is also over nearly a 10 year period - often QBs might have one good season but two top 5 seasons 9 years apart shows longevity.

Woah woah, slow down... let's win a few Super Bowls first 8-)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
Yes he has seemed to matured and is focused more on moving the chains. Playbook also a factor seems to be reduced number of verticals outside of play action. Also not hearing any injury issues with him this year which has been able to play through but have been an issue in previous seasons.

Imagine Rodgers with Mahomes weapons.

He is playing incredible this year. It's why we are two plays away from being 10-1.

Now he needs to do this in January and February.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Nov 2020 16:17
bud fox wrote:

Best not greatest. Most seem to have a distinction between the two and many commentators agree Rodgers is the best and Brady greatest - obviously arguable.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
30 Nov 2020 16:38
YoHoChecko wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Best not greatest. Most seem to have a distinction between the two and many commentators agree Rodgers is the best and Brady greatest - obviously arguable.
Peyton Manning was freaking good and honestly has a very similar career to Rodgers where he fell short in January.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2020 16:41
bud fox wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Peyton Manning was freaking good and honestly has a very similar career to Rodgers where he fell short in January.
Manning was unbelievable but limited by his athleticism. Rodgers also has the better arm. But no one is better than Manning at reading a def - he was also basically the play caller.

Can't measure the talents of a QB in Superbowls. Brady has not had to score much points as Rodgers in playoffs etc

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
30 Nov 2020 15:03
But, we have had Rodgers for years... that's not what is different this year. A few things I am looking at jump off the page.
friendlier QB schemes, motion causes a disruption of thought from defenders, it's just enough to give receivers a edge to get a jump off the los, Rodgers is getting rid of the ball at a much faster rate, so he'll take less hits.

imho he's wanted schemes on the order of these for years now, he even said a few years back that we need to run the ball more affectively, some of us here have been calling for what we are doing now for a while, finally it's here. :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
30 Nov 2020 17:05
go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2020 16:41
bud fox wrote:

Manning was unbelievable but limited by his athleticism. Rodgers also has the better arm. But no one is better than Manning at reading a def - he was also basically the play caller.

Can't measure the talents of a QB in Superbowls. Brady has not had to score much points as Rodgers in playoffs etc
so could Favre, Montana, Elway, etc.it's not as though these great QB's designed the pass routes or plays, they simply where the best at getting all there team mates in a position to make them work.

imho it's impossible to name WHO is the best one, so many variables affect each in a different way so no situation is the same, I know one thing, I've enjoyed everyone of em when they where peaking, all 3 of ours, Starr, Favre and Rodgers where among the very best in there era.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Bogey wrote:
go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:48
Bogey wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:43

Will do, BF, but I would never qualify for the game attendance benefit. That's only for full-time employees and their families. I'm part-time seasonal. But it looks like I will be able to work the rest of the games this season, since it seems the Packers are now ready to have limited attendance (last night was a test run) and I'm on the short list of seasonal employees authorized to work on game days.
How much of the game do you actually get to watch when you are working? Is it more when there is really no guests to take care of?
In my previous position at the Atrium escalator I was more or less stationary and so sometimes I could see a bit of the game on the nearby monitor. With my new position last season as a gameday supervisor, I saw very little of the game except in passing by the TV monitors in the concourse as I moved around the stadium. I had staff to check on throughout the Level 1 and Level 3 concourses, so last season I put on about 10+ miles (20,000+ steps) on a typical game day. When I heard the roar of the crowd I could often stop at a monitor to watch the replay.

Yesterday was a whole different deal. With fewer than 300 fans and a relatively small staff, I actually got to see quite a bit of the game. In fact, I was able to step out into the bowl briefly and watch three touchdowns right below me (Big Dog, Tonyan and Jamal).

No idea what this Sunday will look like or how many fans they're going to allow in, but it was awesome to be back at Lambeau on game day for the first time since January. :banana:
Glad to hear Bogey. Hope you bring us more luck next Sunday versus the Eagles. I'm dying to get back to Lambeau........and I know I'm not alone.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
30 Nov 2020 17:27
NCF wrote:
30 Nov 2020 15:03
friendlier QB schemes, motion causes a disruption of thought from defenders, it's just enough to give receivers a edge to get a jump off the los, Rodgers is getting rid of the ball at a much faster rate, so he'll take less hits.

imho he's wanted schemes on the order of these for years now, he even said a few years back that we need to run the ball more affectively, some of us here have been calling for what we are doing now for a while, finally it's here. :aok:
Fundamentally........if the running game is working then the passing game opens up. And at some point the defense gets tired and frustrated. When Rodgers has the running game going in his favor.........then look out defense. Let's see if this offensive momentum can continue throughout the post season. I'm up for a shootout with the Chiefs too!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I remember as a young Packers fan. The Internet was just a thing and I used my Dial Up to go to Packers.com and would read the Dope Sheets because there wasn't much else to read.

And I read the overall record between the Packers and Bears and thought I would never see the Packers come close to evening up the series.

And low and behold, the Packers now have their 100th win.

Absolutely ridiculous and crazy of the pure dominance the last 27 years.
Yoop wrote:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

salmar80 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 11:54
I think folks want an utterly dominant performance to convince them we are a potential SB winning team, as if such a performance mattered at all in the playoffs.
This team just looks good against average teams or worse. They lose to Colts, they lost to Vikings+Cook, they lost to Bucs. I miss those quality wins. Ok, they won against the Saints. Crap. :beer2:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2020 21:00
And I read the overall record between the Packers and Bears and thought I would never see the Packers come close to evening up the series.
I never quite understood the rivalry on an emotional level for I following the NFL only since 2007...and the Bears just sucked since then. The Vikings raise my pulse much more, but if I look into wikipedia I can guess what it once meant: Pack vs. Bears.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

German_Panzer wrote:
30 Nov 2020 22:31
salmar80 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 11:54
I think folks want an utterly dominant performance to convince them we are a potential SB winning team, as if such a performance mattered at all in the playoffs.
This team just looks good against average teams or worse. They lose to Colts, they lost to Vikings+Cook, they lost to Bucs. I miss those quality wins. Ok, they won against the Saints. Crap. :beer2:
They went down to the wire against the Colts and hung the 3rd most points of the season against the leagues #1 defense. Considering they uncharacteristically turned the ball over Im confident if we run that back we beat them. The Vikings was unfortunate but the wind leveled the playing field and really helped them play to our weaknesses. The Buccs spanked us. I would expect it to be different with a better scheme. Lord knows why LaFleur thought running outside against those LBs was the best attack. Rodgers probably doesnt play so poorly again.

They arent perfect but this was a beatdown we laid on the Bears. Gotta enjoy that one.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

His "weapons" are now fine and this is a significant reason why his stats have improved. Jones is the best receiving RB in the league. Adams is top 5 in the league. Lazard is better than average as a #2 receiver. And now Tonyan is a better than average TE and getting better every game. Even MVS seems to be getting better. If these can all stay healthy the Packers should have the best O in the league.