Eagles @ Packers GDT - 3:25 - CBS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Eagles @ Packers GDT - 3:25 - CBS

Post by BF004 »

Should be Romo and Nance

Let's keep the streak going!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I've got mad respect for Philly's defense.

But this is a secondary and Rashan/Z Smith feasting type of game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I really thought Philly came out really hot and high energy last night, albeit undisciplined. Hard to carry that energy week to week, especially on a short week and having to travel.

This game is ours if we can even come out and play our average game.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
01 Dec 2020 09:30
Should be Romo and Nance

Let's keep the streak going!!
Our defense might just provide the cure.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

The Eagle's OL is pretty poor. Evidently Wentz is the most sacked QB in the league this season.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is the first game since week one in which my standards for success include it being a blowout. This is a game where I will be disappointed if it's close, which is usually a mentality I try to avoid.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeesh, Eagles in the buzzsaw right now.

Monday Night, Seattle, then travel to Green Bay, afternoon game, then got the Saints, afternoon game.

3 primetime games, short week, against the #1, #2 and #3 seeds in the NFC, currently.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
01 Dec 2020 11:47
Yeesh, Eagles in the buzzsaw right now.

Monday Night, Seattle, then travel to Green Bay, afternoon game, then got the Saints, afternoon game.

3 primetime games, short week, against the #1, #2 and #3 seeds in the NFC, currently.
Good for them. If the Eagles lose out and the Bengals manage to win one game, the Eagles could pick that elite LT prospect at #3 and bounce right back. :lol:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

I was quite confused by the game last night. I figured Seattle would have crushed them, yet they only won by a TD. Eagles defense made some very impressive stops in the 1st quarter and were generally flying around. Wildly undisciplined as expected from a Jim Schwartz defense. Eagles offense is downright ugly, though.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
01 Dec 2020 10:20
The Eagle's OL is pretty poor. Evidently Wentz is the most sacked QB in the league this season.
4.7 sacks per game over the past 3 games. 4.2 sacks per game for the season so far. :woohoo:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/q ... d-per-game
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 01 Dec 2020 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Dec 2020 10:26
This is the first game since week one in which my standards for success include it being a blowout. This is a game where I will be disappointed if it's close, which is usually a mentality I try to avoid.
I for one don't care what the final score will be as long as we get the W. Getting that win is more important.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I still think it is a dangerous match-up for us. They have a defense that can pressure without blitzing. And we have a defense that can make Mitch Trubisky look competent. They should be getting Ertz back, Goedert looks all the way back... I am happy getting out of dodge with a win.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
02 Dec 2020 08:31
I still think it is a dangerous match-up for us. They have a defense that can pressure without blitzing. And we have a defense that can make Mitch Trubisky look competent. They should be getting Ertz back, Goedert looks all the way back... I am happy getting out of dodge with a win.
I don't have any faith right now in this defense. I too think Wentz could easily light it up on us but I didn't want to bring that kind of negativity around.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I do not understand placing any elevated level of concern for a game against a team that is 3-7-1. The Jaguars are the only team we've played on this level of bad, but this time we're playing at full strength.

Will some things happen during the course of the game that favor the opposing team? Of course. I'm not saying we're gonna pitch a perfect game.

But their offense can not consistently move. And our offense can consistently beat almost any team. We just trashed a much better defense.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Dec 2020 10:12
I do not understand placing any elevated level of concern for a game against a team that is 3-7-1. The Jaguars are the only team we've played on this level of bad, but this time we're playing at full strength.

Will some things happen during the course of the game that favor the opposing team? Of course. I'm not saying we're gonna pitch a perfect game.

But their offense can not consistently move. And our offense can consistently beat almost any team. We just trashed a much better defense.
Because they have the talent to put a game together.

Wentz can ball. Sanders is a great RB with a home run threat. Dallas Goedert is great TE. Jalen Reagor has that big play potential. Their other WRs either have been great in past years or have put on good film this year (Jefferies and Fulgham).

Their largest issue is their Oline which is a big deal and also quite frankly that Wentz sucks. But Wentz had one of those games last year at Lambeau where he was on it and our pass rush has episodes where they just don't get to the QB.

I am confident we will win because our offense has been consistent against two very good defenses. I think we will win. I get nervous for every game and especially these types of games because you never know when a team will pull a Falcons on the Raiders and just come to life.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The eagles suck bc Carson wentz is completely defeated right now. His confidence is shot. We need to put him on his back and crush his spirit early. They have a pretty good DL. I don’t expect a blow out, but if we make wentz look good in this game...or help him regain confidence...that will be a bad look for the D. The subpar Seahawks d made wentz look like the bad qb he is right now. The guys mind is broken. Hope we smell blood and go in for the kill.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
02 Dec 2020 10:19
Because they have the talent to put a game together.

Wentz can ball. Sanders is a great RB with a home run threat. Dallas Goedert is great TE. Jalen Reagor has that big play potential. Their other WRs either have been great in past years or have put on good film this year (Jefferies and Fulgham).

Their largest issue is their Oline which is a big deal and also quite frankly that Wentz sucks. But Wentz had one of those games last year at Lambeau where he was on it and our pass rush has episodes where they just don't get to the QB.

I am confident we will win because our offense has been consistent against two very good defenses. I think we will win. I get nervous for every game and especially these types of games because you never know when a team will pull a Falcons on the Raiders and just come to life.
Every team has the talent to put a game together. And any given sunday, yada yada.

This game is particularly less dangerous and less risky than almost any game on our schedule.

I'm telling you--I've watched 3 or 4 Eagles games. They are totally inept. They have only scored more than 20 points 4 times this year in 11 games and have yet to hit 30. Most of their best-scoring games have come in losses with garbage time. They are a truly, truly bad football team.

I tolerate not an ounce of kvetching about this game. Obviously, we could lay an egg and lose. But the Eagles are not a team or a game or a week to feel anything less than "we should win this easily."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I hope they decide to give Miles Sanders only 6 carries again against us.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Eagles are not talented enough to worry about. They could beat us, just like any team in the NFL can beat any other team.

They have below average skill position talent. Their offensive line is a mess. Their defense is average.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just for kicks, if you lined up the Eagles scores from highest to lowest, and our scores from lowest to highest and put them next to each other... they only get 3 "wins."

Their highest vs our lowest: 29-10
Second highest to second lowest: 28-22
Third Highest to third lowest: 25-24