Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Kind of interesting how the NFC West will shape up in December because honestly, it could be far more advantageous to finish 2nd in the division and be the 5 seed compared to winning the division and be the 2 or 3 seed as the 2nd seed gets no bye and home field has a lot less importance this year.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
01 Dec 2020 08:11
Kind of interesting how the NFC West will shape up in December because honestly, it could be far more advantageous to finish 2nd in the division and be the 5 seed compared to winning the division and be the 2 or 3 seed as the 2nd seed gets no bye and home field has a lot less importance this year.
Regardless a home game is more advantageous than an away game. There is no way a 5 seed is far more advantageous than a 2 or 3 seed.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Dec 2020 09:27
go pak go wrote:
01 Dec 2020 08:11
Regardless a home game is more advantageous than an away game. There is no way a 5 seed is far more advantageous than a 2 or 3 seed.
I dunno, I mean being the 5 this year is basically like getting a first round bye. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Teams who win their divisions with losing records are undefeated in the wild card round.

Just saying.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

higher ranked teams play the lowest ranked teams, usually thats a good thing for the higher ranked teams :idn:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
01 Dec 2020 09:50
higher ranked teams play the lowest ranked teams, usually thats a good thing for the higher ranked teams :idn:
I would say there is definitely, obviously, a massive incentive to be the 1-seed due to the bye.

But honestly, I genuinely think playing the Eagles or Giants or WFT on the road is a much easier game than hosting the Rams or Bucs at home, so while I wouldn't strategize around it and I normally would go FAR in the opposite direction, I do think the 5 seed is better off than the 2 and 3 seeds this year.

I live in NFC East-land. These teams are REALLY bad. Some feisty defensive action, which I suppose could keep them in a game. But I mean this is not 7-9; we're looking at likely 5 or 6 wins.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Well if your 4th ranked team is either a 5 or 6 win team....it could tell a different story.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
01 Dec 2020 10:09
Yoop wrote:
Well if your 4th ranked team is either a 5 or 6 win team....it could tell a different story.
well I'am a little behind this curve as anyone could guess, heck just yesterday I came to understand that WFT didn't mean "Woman For Trump" but was actually the new name of that team from Washington who where so proud of our Indian heritage they named there team the Redskins, possibly they could have used a better term, I like MoHawks myself. :lol: or how about the Washington Scalpers, seems quite fitting to me :lol:

anyway I guess the win/loss and who they played and won or loss to, does matter, so I'am leaving it up to u's guys to keep me well informed, and if I should become contrite and disagree at some point, well as you know being contradictory is what I'am noted for. :rotf:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I just hope we don't end up with a Broncos-type situation in the playoffs!

I don't think anyone wants to see Chiefs vs. Steelers with street guys like Drew Stanton and Cody Kessler starting. :shock:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
01 Dec 2020 13:06
I just hope we don't end up with a Broncos-type situation in the playoffs!

I don't think anyone wants to see Chiefs vs. Steelers with street guys like Drew Stanton and Cody Kessler starting. :shock:
Well then QBs should keep their masks on in the meeting rooms.

That's all that was. A QB tested positive and there was video footage of all the QBs, including the positive test, in the room together without masks on during the time he could have been contagious.

Pretty simple way to avoid that scenario in the playoffs. Don't be dumb.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I want to beat McCarthy in the playoffs.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
01 Dec 2020 21:31
I want to beat McCarthy in the playoffs.
I don't want to hear the stories the talking heads are going to spin. Let's crush the Giants for once.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 20:01
Trudge wrote:
30 Nov 2020 18:44
Ravens v Steelers postponed until Wednesday now.
I don’t get why they are so against a week 18.

Just another week with live games on equals more money, better product. No one wants to watch RG3 over the reigning mvp.
I don't think they are necessarily against Week 18, but I think they are against Week 19 and 20, etc. Once that safety net is gone, it's gone. If they can reshuffle any other way was they have with this game, I think it's still their preferred strategy to keep the Play-Offs and Super Bowl scheduled, as planned.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
02 Dec 2020 07:33
BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 20:01
Trudge wrote:
30 Nov 2020 18:44
Ravens v Steelers postponed until Wednesday now.
I don’t get why they are so against a week 18.

Just another week with live games on equals more money, better product. No one wants to watch RG3 over the reigning mvp.
I don't think they are necessarily against Week 18, but I think they are against Week 19 and 20, etc. Once that safety net is gone, it's gone. If they can reshuffle any other way was they have with this game, I think it's still their preferred strategy to keep the Play-Offs and Super Bowl scheduled, as planned.
The only way we would have a week 19 or week 20 is if the Steelers/Ravens would have to miss two games in December. So as these weeks progress, it will probably be easier to justify a week 18.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
02 Dec 2020 10:01
The only way we would have a week 19 or week 20 is if the Steelers/Ravens would have to miss two games in December. So as these weeks progress, it will probably be easier to justify a week 18.
I agree that we are late enough in the season that this wendesday night game should have been considered for adding an extra week, then allowing you to play it a little safer with other issues that merge the next 2-3 weeks. Play any necessary moved games week 17 and play the full week 17 schedule in week 18; teams with no COVID games get an extra little bye, but maybe have 4-5 games that week. I'd be fine with it.

This Wednesday night-Monday Night schedule is gonna be rough. And the SFT is going to go from Thursday, a full week and a half to Monday with no game before their matchup with the Steelers coming off of 4.5 days' rest

Just a little janky.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Dec 2020 10:07
go pak go wrote:
02 Dec 2020 10:01
I agree that we are late enough in the season that this wendesday night game should have been considered for adding an extra week, then allowing you to play it a little safer with other issues that merge the next 2-3 weeks. Play any necessary moved games week 17 and play the full week 17 schedule in week 18; teams with no COVID games get an extra little bye, but maybe have 4-5 games that week. I'd be fine with it.

This Wednesday night-Monday Night schedule is gonna be rough. And the SFT is going to go from Thursday, a full week and a half to Monday with no game before their matchup with the Steelers coming off of 4.5 days' rest

Just a little janky.
Strangely, this isn't a wednesday night game. It is at 2:40 pm central.

Just don't turn on the TV at 7:30 expecting to watch a game tonight. :aok:

Kind of what I was saying, for a league going to be hit cash hard this year, why not just move this game to week 18, along with a possible few other games so we don't need a PS WR playing QB. This game is going to have very little ratings this afternoon, no one seems to know it is on in the afternoon. Even having a week 18 double header on Saturday even to make sure everyone has a good break before wildcard, would have a much much higher potential for ratings. I frankly thought they should have built in a 2nd bye week either way this year.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind or crazy about that NFC East for draft slot.

Their current draft positions are 4, 6, 8 and 19.

And God forbid they win week one, it jumps to 25. Losing a ton of draft capital winning that division.

Lupe would be losing his mind each win. :lol:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 12:13
Kind or crazy about that NFC East for draft slot.

Their current draft positions are 4, 6, 8 and 19.

And God forbid they win week one, it jumps to 25. Losing a ton of draft capital winning that division.

Lupe would be losing his mind each win. :lol:
Yeah I would. Thank god we aren’t in that position. Lord knows this franchise wouldn’t know the right decision.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I know this isn't NFL, but EQ's little brother has FOUR TD catches tonight for USC...

...in the first quarter.