Week 13 NFC Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Week 13 NFC Games

Post by go pak go »

Want to get a thread going on this now too as we know who we are primarily fight with for that coveted #1 seed.

I think at this point the teams we need to root against are the following:

For sure need to lose at least one game:
1. New Orleans
2. Seattle

Would be nice if they lose one game:
1. LA Rams

We all at this point kind of know if New Orleans and Seattle lose, we clinch the top seed at 13-3 and there is a possibility we clinch at 12-4 if our loss is to the Titans and their losses are to the appropriate teams.

The matchups we have this week:

Noon - New Orleans at Atlanta

The Falcons are 4-2 under their interim coach. They have been playing better lately and honestly are not out of the playoff hunt at 7 losses. The Falcons are two games out of the 7 seed but have two games vs the Bucs who are currently at 5 losses. Atlanta legitimately has a control over their destiny as winning their games means the Bucs are losing theirs. Matt Ryan hasn't been playing well but their defense surprisingly has which included a blowout win last week. I think there is a shot the Falcons could knock off the Taysom Hill Saints which would help us not only from a record standpoint, but also help us in a 3 way tiebreaker situation.

The Falcons are playing for their season and their interim coach at home.

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Looks like Daniel Jones will be out this Sunday and replaced by Colt McCoy who has really struggled.

The Hawks have 2 games before week 17 that look "loseable" most likely. LA Rams and the WFT. I won't include the 9ers because those week 17 games can have a big impact depending on if it is meaningful or not.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I honestly thing the Seahawks are really, really lucky.

The NFL isn't necessarily who you play, but when you play them. The Giants down the stretch could be a dangerous team nobody wants to play.

The Giants offensive line has been improving and becoming a solid unit. Particularly in the run and this is without Saquon Barkley. This in turn has let off pressure on Daniel Jones who has also been very solid the past month with his QBR above 80 the past few games. Jones has been averaging around 8 yards per attempt and is becoming effective.

The Giants defense is also gelling as a unit. Jibril Peppers and Blake Martinez have been helping this unit come together and frankly, they have a shot to make this Seahawks game close.

I really think if the Hawks played the Giants two weeks from now rather than this week with Jones most likely out, that the Hawks would be in trouble.

The key to stopping the Seahawks is to stop DK Metcalf.

I won't be watching this game as the Packers play at the same time. The Seahawks schedule is lining up really nice for them.

With 5 games to go, the Hawks have the Giants, Jets, WFT, Rams and 49ers.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

WFT isn't bad either. Their ground game is good, their O seems more efficient with Alex Smith, and that D is not bad, particularly against the pass. I won't play WR's against WFT in fantasy anymore this year, already been burned a few times.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
04 Dec 2020 10:07
WFT isn't bad either. Their ground game is good, their O seems more efficient with Alex Smith, and that D is not bad, particularly against the pass. I won't play WR's against WFT in fantasy anymore this year, already been burned a few times.
Yeah I think that is honestly our 2nd best shot at a SEA loss behind the Rams game.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2020 11:37
BF004 wrote:
Yeah I think that is honestly our 2nd best shot at a SEA loss behind the Rams game.
The '9ers might be pretty close to full strength by Week 17. Even if they have nothing to play for, I'm sure they'll be up to get a win over Seattle. After what SF just did to LA, I wouldn't put it past them to beat Seattle.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
04 Dec 2020 12:43
go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2020 11:37
BF004 wrote:
The '9ers might be pretty close to full strength by Week 17. Even if they have nothing to play for, I'm sure they'll be up to get a win over Seattle. After what SF just did to LA, I wouldn't put it past them to beat Seattle.
Hopefully. I just really hate relying on those Week 17 matchups because you honestly never know what teams will do that week in terms of checking out early or not.

I can't see Kyle Shannahan being that. But we have seen both the Packers and Lions completely check out of Week 17 matchups before while playing each other.

But I do agree that being likely the largest rival to each other, the 49ers will take that week serious.

But I honestly wouldn't want to play SF at all right now. I think they got a serious shot at the post season and they are a legit team.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Daniel Jones is Doubtful.

So Colt McCoy it is.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

LET'S GO FALCONS!!!!!

I used to have a throwback Favre Falcons jersey I wanted to wear but I think it's at my parent's house in South Dakota.

Bugger.
Yoop wrote:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

I've got the entire NFC North + Jags on for early games. Not exactly high quality football.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm trying to figure out if the Saints are the best defense in the league or if their opponents are just terrible.

Matt Ryan is a bottom 5 - 10 quarterback in this league.
Yoop wrote:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 12:15
I'm trying to figure out if the Saints are the best defense in the league or if their opponents are just terrible.

Matt Ryan is a bottom 5 - 10 quarterback in this league.
He's really sucked so far.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lulu wrote:
06 Dec 2020 12:14
I've got the entire NFC North + Jags on for early games. Not exactly high quality football.
I got the online Sunday Ticket subcription. Only $200 for the season and includes Gamepass. I don't have any other subscription so this is totally worth it.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lulu wrote:
Same here, might be good time for a little cat nap after perhaps a few too many spirits last night. :P :sleeping: :sleeping:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I really hate the "low hit" on the QB rule.

So I guess if the defender is on the ground he just needs to give up and not go after the QB.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 12:20
I really hate the "low hit" on the QB rule.

So I guess if the defender is on the ground he just needs to give up and not go after the QB.
This bullcrap call is going to give the Saints points.
Yoop wrote:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 12:18
lulu wrote:
Same here, might be good time for a little cat nap after perhaps a few too many spirits last night. :P :sleeping: :sleeping:
Although watching the Vikings lose (potentially) is always worth it!

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Lmao what a td against Minnesota

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Now Gage drops an easy ball on 3rd down that would have converted. Falcons only get a FG.

7 to 3 Saints.

This freaking Falcons team. :roll:
Yoop wrote: