Eagles @ Packers GDT - 3:25 - CBS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Dec 2020 08:39
BSA wrote:
05 Dec 2020 18:47
Can't tell if Anthony has all his teeth, but I'm hopeful

Listed at 361 lbs, Mr. Rush has been given Ryan Pickett's old number # 79. It would be stupendous if he could be a chip off the old block in terms of run stuffage.

Or Dave Hanner's chip off the old block as well. Pickett had to be the best Packer ever to wear #79. Not sure about the rest of the guys on the list.

https://lombardiave.com/2016/06/23/gree ... 79-best/2/

Looking forward to seeing what Anthony Rush can do. Maybe help the ILBs be more effective :swear:
Sack master Bob Nelson says hi!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (24.35 KiB) Viewed 354 times
https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/090828

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2020 19:09
lulu wrote:
04 Dec 2020 17:17
I wonder at this point if there just playing a roster shuffling game with Dillon. Hard to believe that he'd still not be able to at least practice.
No. I'm pretty sure he has Covid.

He was spotted to be at Practice at least this week watching which is the first time he has done that.

Honestly I'm a little concerned. I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't removed from the Covid list next week but I do wonder how he will be post covid. This virus really hurts some poeple hard.

I now know two people who are in induced comas on ventilators. :?
Yes, this damn thing can hurt some folks bad. My BIL had it up in GB and he hardly had any symptoms and other I know ended up in the hospital. An olde gentleman a couple of doors down died from it just last week. :(

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
04 Dec 2020 22:31
Regarding Dillon:
Anyone else on the forum actually have Covid? I had a positive test on 11/7; luckily, it was fairly mild*. The complete loss of taste/smell really messed with my appetite and I lost weight quickly. I still have a lingering cough and my sense of taste is only 50% or so. Either of those could be tough for an athlete. If Dillon got a bad case of Covid, he could still have shortness of breath, weakness, cough, etc.

*I had the exact same symptoms in Feb. but worse. 103.4F fever, chills, loss of taste, terrible muscle aches, and weakness. Of course, no tests were available at the time and Covid wasn't officially here in WI yet.
I think Raptor had it. He mentioned it on a thread in the Round Table.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Mama 004 just had it.

They think papa 004 probably did too, although he never got tested. His symptoms borderline nothing to non-existent if in fact he had it. They didn’t separate at all, slept in the same bed, lived as normal. So have a hard time imagining him not getting it.

Moms was just some mild fatigue and loss of the taste and smell.

Very thankful, they are in the 65-70 range, so was kind of scary news when we heard.

Hope those mild symptoms run in the family should I or NCF get it. :P

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 09:29
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Dec 2020 08:39
BSA wrote:
05 Dec 2020 18:47
Can't tell if Anthony has all his teeth, but I'm hopeful

Listed at 361 lbs, Mr. Rush has been given Ryan Pickett's old number # 79. It would be stupendous if he could be a chip off the old block in terms of run stuffage.

Or Dave Hanner's chip off the old block as well. Pickett had to be the best Packer ever to wear #79. Not sure about the rest of the guys on the list.

https://lombardiave.com/2016/06/23/gree ... 79-best/2/

Looking forward to seeing what Anthony Rush can do. Maybe help the ILBs be more effective :swear:
Sack master Bob Nelson says hi!!

image.jpeg

https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/090828
Below is text from an article from the Baltimore Evening Sun ............ the article was written in 1990. If you're a Packers fan ya gotta keep up on these things, ya know anna hey? Anyway ........ besides Bob Nelson, what ever happened to Jerry Boyarsky and Blaise Winter? A legendary era of Packers defensive line prowess ..... the one that preceded Brock, Tualo, Davey and Jurkovic. :thwap:

Bob Nelson is the ultimate blue-collar worker, playing the ultimate blue-collar position, working in the ultimate blue-collar football town. In what is no small coincidence, he comes by his blue-collaredness naturally.

Nelson was born in Baltimore. He grew up in the shadows of Bethlehem Steel, roamed the streets of southeast Baltimore, looked for -- and generally found -- trouble. But none of it was so serious that he was deemed a troublemaker.

Then, he was a fun-loving, free-spirited youth exercising his constitutional prerogative. Now, he is a battering-ram nose tackle for the Green Bay Packers who toes the line of scrimmage. At 6 feet 4 and 275 pounds, he is a stocky, steady, four-year NFL veteran.

He is the local hero you never heard about because blue-collar just doesn't make headlines.

"I run into friends who ask what he's doing these days," said Ron Nelson, Bob's younger brother, a blue-collar man himself as a tugboat mate in the harbor. "I tell them he's playing with the Packers. They say, 'Really?' "

It's the truth. You could look it up. Or you could go to Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium Sunday to see for yourself. The Packers wage wild-card war with the Eagles in a 4 p.m. brawl. Ron, along with a dozen other friends and family members, will be there.

Bob and Ron were two of four Nelson boys who grew up with sports and the outdoors in Dundalk. They lived in a rowhouse off Cavanaugh Road. Used to play two-on-two tackle football on the concrete in front of that rowhouse. In the summer, there were mean games of whiffleball. Sometimes there were just mean games.

"I remember one time a lady across the street blamed me for putting a hole in her chain-link fence with my ass playing football," Bob said. "Fact was, a neighbor put a hole in her fence with his car. But she bitched to my mother that I did it. I bet she still blames me."

Nelson, nicknamed "Fuzzy" by his grandmother because he was born with a full head of curly hair, was never far from trouble in those days.

"I got thrown off every team I played on back then," he said. "My senior year of football [at Patapsco], me and my brother got kicked off the team because we went to a dentist appointment.

"I wasn't a troublemaker. But if trouble was there, I wouldn't run away from it. I was being mischievous."

For all the mischief, he was a pretty good athlete in a family of athletes. His older brother Raymond, he says, could have played pro baseball if given half a chance. His younger brother Ron -- nicknamed "Rags" for his decidedly unimpressive wardrobe -- was good in football, baseball and basketball before blowing out a knee. When Bob wasn't doubling up at tight end and defensive end for Patapsco, he was known to beat Dundalk celebrity Mike Bielecki, now of the Cubs, in a high school pitcher's duel.

That Bob made it out of Dundalk on a football scholarship to the University of Miami in 1979 is one of Baltimore's more remarkable success stories.

"Where I am now is pure luck," said Nelson, 31. "There was only one team that came out to recruit me. There was only one guy who came to look at me.

"When he recruited me, he told me he never heard of Dundalk or Patapsco. There are probably other athletes in Dundalk who could be playing in the pros, but it's too blue-collar to look.

"People back there never give up no matter what. I was one of the fortunate ones who got out and made it."

In one sense, Nelson was lucky. In another, he has earned every square inch of success he's gotten. He has persevered through two pro leagues, including the USFL, and six different teams. He has been waived four times and traded twice. Once, in Tampa Bay, he was waived the day after Bucs coach Ray Perkins sent him home to bring back the rest of his clothes.

Yet he found a home in Green Bay in 1988. But even there, he was a casualty of the final cut, only to be re-signed in September when starting nose tackle Jerry Boyarsky broke his arm.

Since the end of the 1988 season, Nelson has started 35 of the Packers' last 36 games. He has led the defensive linemen in unassisted tackles and total tackles two years in a row. He is one of the league's better nose tackles.

"I'm consistent," he said. "That's why I'm in the league."

He is also a product of his environment. Even though he now makes his home in Miami, Baltimore remains a part of him. He is a survivor because he has a lot of that blue-collar, Dundalk blood in him.

"My position is as blue-collar as Bethlehem Steel," Nelson said. "I've always been a hard worker. It's where I come from. I've still got a lot of Baltimore in me."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packers get to see a desperate team today. Jumping on them early with offense, and pass rush will be the key to discouraging them quickly.
Attachments
300E45FF-A9D2-41F6-A409-53AF05A8187F.png
300E45FF-A9D2-41F6-A409-53AF05A8187F.png (376.2 KiB) Viewed 333 times
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

go pak go wrote:
lulu wrote:
I wonder at this point if there just playing a roster shuffling game with Dillon. Hard to believe that he'd still not be able to at least practice.

He was spotted to be at Practice at least this week watching which is the first time he has done that.

Honestly I'm a little concerned. I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't removed from the Covid list next week but I do wonder how he will be post covid. This virus really hurts some poeple hard.

Not debating if he tested positive or not, more that he's been on the covid list for what, a month now?

He's young, an elite athlete (i.e. in tremendous health/conditioning) and has far better care surrounding him than working stiffs like us. It would be unusual for someone of his age and general health to get knocked on his butt for a month+. Possible? Yes. Probable? Not so much.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

They should be coming out pumped up. A couple of scores will deflate them.

Go Pack Go!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lulu wrote:
06 Dec 2020 10:42
go pak go wrote:
lulu wrote:

Not debating if he tested positive or not, more that he's been on the covid list for what, a month now?

He's young, an elite athlete (i.e. in tremendous health/conditioning) and has far better care surrounding him than working stiffs like us. It would be unusual for someone of his age and general health to get knocked on his butt for a month+. Possible? Yes. Probable? Not so much.
It makes zero sense to not have him off the Covid list. Especially when he had a good game vs SF.

Plus, I don't think you can "fake" someone on the covid list unless the player "lies" about symptoms.

But a fever is a fever. A positive test is a positive test. And I see no reason for a player to lie about their symptoms. Especially a guy like Dillon. He is wired to always go, go, go.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

A
La La la Lambeau!
42EEB777-4133-4DF0-BA06-7F49B33147C3.jpeg
42EEB777-4133-4DF0-BA06-7F49B33147C3.jpeg (988.6 KiB) Viewed 307 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

:banana:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Inactives:

Pack:

QB Jordan Love
WR Tavon Austin
CB Josh Jackson
LB Jonathan Garvin
DL Anthony Rush

Eagles:

Nate Sudfeld
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Jason Huntley
Rudy Ford
Genard Avery
Quez Watkins

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
06 Dec 2020 09:48
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
04 Dec 2020 22:31
Regarding Dillon:
Anyone else on the forum actually have Covid? I had a positive test on 11/7; luckily, it was fairly mild*. The complete loss of taste/smell really messed with my appetite and I lost weight quickly. I still have a lingering cough and my sense of taste is only 50% or so. Either of those could be tough for an athlete. If Dillon got a bad case of Covid, he could still have shortness of breath, weakness, cough, etc.

*I had the exact same symptoms in Feb. but worse. 103.4F fever, chills, loss of taste, terrible muscle aches, and weakness. Of course, no tests were available at the time and Covid wasn't officially here in WI yet.
I think Raptor had it. He mentioned it on a thread in the Round Table.
I’ve had it twice. It’s nothing.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Wonder why cbs has the all nfc packers v eagles game
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 14:46
Wonder why cbs has the all nfc packers v eagles game
They had that in the TV agreement a few years ago where FOX would have a few all AFC and CBS would take some all NFC.

It is our only CBS game this year. CBS always wants the Packers matchup to be their premiere matchup.

I was surprised it wasn't the Texans game when the schedule came out. However, CBS also always has a game at Lambeau and they weren't doing the Jaguars game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sucks for Runyan.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
06 Dec 2020 15:02

Sucks for Runyan.
I’m fine with this.

Think I’d rather just leave Jenkins at LG though and put Patrick in at C. Slightly less musical chairy, but Matty hasn’t been wrong setting that oline yet.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Let's kick some ass boys.
Yoop wrote:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Ready for some fun!

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Here we go!!