Eagles @ Packers GDT - 3:25 - CBS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We clinch the division with a win over the Lions and a Vikings loss.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:35
Do we know when Wagner came in and why?
He started. Clearly the team was more comfortable with Wagner over Runyan, given it impacted two other positions. No idea why they did it.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:37
go pak go wrote:
Have to think Tavon will suit up next week with Ervin out.

But honestly we have to keep playing 83 and 19. They are better players. They just have to figure out the whole catching thing.
EQ's one drop would have been a tough low catch, anyway. I'm not too concerned about that one. MVS has a remarkably low catch rate, not to mention the very visible drops. So it's a concern but his speed still helps.

I don't have expectations of Tavon Austin being worked into the passing game a ton that quickly.
I mean and who would?

Hell Ervin isn't in the passing game. I viewed Austin as an Ervin and Shep replacement. I think at some point Austin could get some plays designed for him later at like week 16 and later.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

As much hand wringing we do about the defense, and I am as guilty as anyone, the ST are what is going to truly hold us back from going where we want to go. We suck on every specialty unit and Mennenga really, really has to be let go after this season.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

And why can't Tyler Ervin finish a freaking game anymore? Hopefully Tavon Austin fully inherits that role starting next week.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

On the positive note, utter dominance by our offense through the better part of three quarters and the ultimate close by Aaron Jones.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:33
Thought our Oline was awesome today. Thought our offense was awesome.

Really too bad about 83 and 19 dropping it. We need them to catch these to build their confidence and swagger.
Do we know when Wagner came in and why?

Seemed like Rodgers was under a bit more duress on those two 4th quarter possessions where we gave it up really quickly and didn't know if that was to blame. Would have to have some analysis done there, because I wasn't watching closely enough
Wagner started and played every snap I believe

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I don't wanna say this feels like a loss but let it put me this way: our NFC rivals won't mind meeting us in the Playoffs. :messedup:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

German_Panzer wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:46
I don't wanna say this feels like a loss but let it put me this way: our NFC rivals won't mind meeting us in the Playoffs. :messedup:
Totally disagree
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

That game felt closer at the end than it was. We're expected to win these games, but it was a solid win and it's just more evidence that we deserve our status as a contender.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:47
German_Panzer wrote:
Totally disagree
Yeah, we solidly beat a subpar team. What's so bad about that?

The only reason it even felt close was because of 2 plays: the busted 4th and long and the punt return.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
Who scares you?
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

German_Panzer wrote:
:roll:

Ridiculous

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We beat them in literally every single metric.

Possibly our best game of the year on D, we had 7 sacks. They only allowed 10 points.

We had the 2nd largest margin of victory this week, so far. And Philly was frankly quite lucky if was even remotely that close.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:52
German_Panzer wrote:

Ridiculous
It depends who you are talking about, but I think it's a fair point. A physical team like New Orleans or Minnesota would probably rather play us than Seattle or LA or even Tampa. It's pick your poison and I don't think teams fear us any more (or less) than any other team in the NFC.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:54
We beat them in literally every single metric.

Possibly our best game of the year on D, we had 7 sacks. They only allowed 10 points.

We had the 2nd largest margin of victory this week, so far. And Philly was frankly quite lucky if was even remotely that close.
That's just it. They weren't lucky. This isn't the first time this has happened. Our defense lacks a killer instinct. Our ST flat out sucks. Too many times we have seen this team blow leads and give up plays that are seemingly impossible to give up. Too often it still has to come down to our offense to seal a game when they have already done everything in their power to win the game.

Read More. Post Less.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:29
Today the 9-2 Saints barely held off the 4-7 Falcons at the end of the game
Today the 8-3 Seahawks lost to the 4-7 Giants
Today the 6-5 Raiders hit a miracle deep ball to hold off the 0-11 Jets
Today the 7-4 Colts held off the 4-7 Texans who had 2 4th quarter possessions with a chance to take the lead
Today the 5-6 Vikings went to overtime against the 1-11 Jags.

But the Eagles briefly came within a TD of us on a punt return and that's why some people are skeptical of how good this team is.

:horse: :kaboom:
Your missing the point. But OK.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:59
It depends who you are talking about, but I think it's a fair point. A physical team like New Orleans or Minnesota would probably rather play us than Seattle or LA or even Tampa. It's pick your poison and I don't think teams fear us any more (or less) than any other team in the NFC.

If there's a coach out there who would rather play the Packers than the Seahawks, who have one of the literal worst defenses in the league and a turnover magnet as their best player on offense (crucial 4th Q INT again today), that coach should be fired.

We BEAT the Saints. We split with the Vikings.

We have the best OLine in the NFL and the best or second best offense in the NFL.

We have a top-5 CB group on defense that plays lights out (Alexander allowed his 1st TD since week 1 today on that 4th down)

Coming out of this day, 3/4 way through this season with such a negative attitude just has me wondering why we're fans at all.

HAVE SOME EFFING FUN. We're one of the league's best teams. Rodgers threw for 400th TD today. Adams tied a record held by DON HUTSON. Tonyun is out there leading the league in TE TDs. We had a TON to celebrate today. The team can flip their cruise control on and off when they need to pretty reliably.

And half the board is coming out of this feeling like crap. Honestly, y'all should root for the Vikings or the Browns so you have good reason to be miserable all the time.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I lost wifi right before the Jones td run.

Just watched it. He made a lot of people miss.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lulu wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:08
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:29
Today the 9-2 Saints barely held off the 4-7 Falcons at the end of the game
Today the 8-3 Seahawks lost to the 4-7 Giants
Today the 6-5 Raiders hit a miracle deep ball to hold off the 0-11 Jets
Today the 7-4 Colts held off the 4-7 Texans who had 2 4th quarter possessions with a chance to take the lead
Today the 5-6 Vikings went to overtime against the 1-11 Jags.

But the Eagles briefly came within a TD of us on a punt return and that's why some people are skeptical of how good this team is.

:horse: :kaboom:
Your missing the point. But OK.
No you are. Rooting for a good team is supposed to be fun.