Eagles @ Packers GDT - 3:25 - CBS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

The ESPN win probability was never lower than 82% in the 4th quarter. It could have got ugly if the Eagles got another first down or two when they got the ball back... but they didn't, and probabilities don't lie.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:09
NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:59
It depends who you are talking about, but I think it's a fair point. A physical team like New Orleans or Minnesota would probably rather play us than Seattle or LA or even Tampa. It's pick your poison and I don't think teams fear us any more (or less) than any other team in the NFC.
:roll:

If there's a coach out there who would rather play the Packers than the Seahawks, who have one of the literal worst defenses in the league and a turnover magnet as their best player on offense (crucial 4th Q INT again today), that coach should be fired.

We BEAT the Saints. We split with the Vikings.

We have the best OLine in the NFL and the best or second best offense in the NFL.

We have a top-5 CB group on defense that plays lights out (Alexander allowed his 1st TD since week 1 today on that 4th down)

Coming out of this day, 3/4 way through this season with such a negative attitude just has me wondering why we're fans at all.

HAVE SOME EFFING FUN. We're one of the league's best teams. Rodgers threw for 400th TD today. Adams tied a record held by DON HUTSON. Tonyun is out there leading the league in TE TDs. We had a TON to celebrate today. The team can flip their cruise control on and off when they need to pretty reliably.

And half the board is coming out of this feeling like crap. Honestly, y'all should root for the Vikings or the Browns so you have good reason to be miserable all the time.
Read my last post. I'm having plenty of fun.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:02
BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:54
We beat them in literally every single metric.

Possibly our best game of the year on D, we had 7 sacks. They only allowed 10 points.

We had the 2nd largest margin of victory this week, so far. And Philly was frankly quite lucky if was even remotely that close.
That's just it. They weren't lucky. This isn't the first time this has happened. Our defense lacks a killer instinct. Our ST flat out sucks. Too many times we have seen this team blow leads and give up plays that are seemingly impossible to give up. Too often it still has to come down to our offense to seal a game when they have already done everything in their power to win the game.
How did the defense not have a killer instinct today?

7 sacks and 10 points allowed and game sealing interception. 🤷‍♂️

I mean isn’t a game seating interception kind of the definition of killer instinct?

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:10
lulu wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:08
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:29
Today the 9-2 Saints barely held off the 4-7 Falcons at the end of the game
Today the 8-3 Seahawks lost to the 4-7 Giants
Today the 6-5 Raiders hit a miracle deep ball to hold off the 0-11 Jets
Today the 7-4 Colts held off the 4-7 Texans who had 2 4th quarter possessions with a chance to take the lead
Today the 5-6 Vikings went to overtime against the 1-11 Jags.

But the Eagles briefly came within a TD of us on a punt return and that's why some people are skeptical of how good this team is.

:horse: :kaboom:
Your missing the point. But OK.
No you are. Rooting for a good team is supposed to be fun.
It is fun. Are you related to Ted Thompson? It's good and healthy for people to feel emotion. To think it's something odd is....odd.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:11
You posted 5 times on the previous page and 4 of them were negative. :idn:

You spent the whole week inexplicably nervous about this game against a top-5 drafting team. You're as guilty as anyone of not believing in this team.

I know I'm being annoying and lashing out, but this has been all season coming. I am SICK of Packers fans acting like we're lesser than ALL THE TIME. There are a handful of people on this board who are really good at seeing things I don't and pointing out what's going on and I value that, but it's barely worth it if I equally have to put up with all this moaning all the time.

Honestly, 80% of the NFL fans in the league respect us more than the fans on this board. I don't live in Wisconsin; I talk to other team's fans more than I talk to packers fans (which is why I rely on coming here).

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT WE'RE VERY GOOD EXCEPT US

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:15
NCF wrote:
BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:54
We beat them in literally every single metric.

Possibly our best game of the year on D, we had 7 sacks. They only allowed 10 points.

We had the 2nd largest margin of victory this week, so far. And Philly was frankly quite lucky if was even remotely that close.
That's just it. They weren't lucky. This isn't the first time this has happened. Our defense lacks a killer instinct. Our ST flat out sucks. Too many times we have seen this team blow leads and give up plays that are seemingly impossible to give up. Too often it still has to come down to our offense to seal a game when they have already done everything in their power to win the game.

I mean isn’t a game seating interception kind of the definition of killer instinct?
4th and 18 is the obvious play.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packers fans are incredibly spoiled and incredibly snake bit in the post season.

We are very likely going to end up in our 6th Conference Championship game in 13 years. That is incredible.

But we are currently 1-4 in that game in that same span. I think that's why we wring our hands in Sept - December.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:16
NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:11
You posted 5 times on the previous page and 4 of them were negative. :idn:

You spent the whole week inexplicably nervous about this game against a top-5 drafting team. You're as guilty as anyone of not believing in this team.

I know I'm being annoying and lashing out, but this has been all season coming. I am SICK of Packers fans acting like we're lesser than ALL THE TIME. There are a handful of people on this board who are really good at seeing things I don't and pointing out what's going on and I value that, but it's barely worth it if I equally have to put up with all this moaning all the time.

Honestly, 80% of the NFL fans in the league respect us more than the fans on this board. I don't live in Wisconsin; I talk to other team's fans more than I talk to packers fans (which is why I rely on coming here).

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT WE'RE VERY GOOD EXCEPT US
We were good last year. We are good this year. I DON'T WANT US TO BE GOOD. I WANT US TO BE GREAT.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:17
BF004 wrote:

Like I said, the fans complain about individual negative plays in a game full of positives. Like holy crap, the team isn't perfect. Cool. It's still very good.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

We're not a complete team. But then no one else is the NFC is either.

This is a very good team that if it gets hot at the right time can beat anyone anywhere.

I'm pretty happy with our chances.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I don't know why this defense has so much trouble on 3rd and 4th and super long.

Since the bye, I feel like our defense of 3rd/4th and long is one of the worst we have seen. Seems to be the only way opponents score points is to ensure they have a 3rd and 9 or longer.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:16
You're as guilty as anyone of not believing in this team.
You are making a whole &%$@ of assumptions based on a handful of posts in a game day thread.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

But if we are going to give up 17 points, I will take it by doing it on 4th and 18 and a punt return.

Those are flukes.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:19
We're not a complete team. But then no one else is the NFC is either.

This is a very good team that if it gets hot at the right time can beat anyone anywhere.

I'm pretty happy with our chances.
Right. But it's not like every NFC Team is trash juice, either. These teams may be flawed, but so are we.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
BF004 wrote:
NCF wrote:

Yeah; i was upset after that play. Quickly got over it when they forced a punt and got a pick on the next two drives and realized how good of a day they really had.

This team just gets scarier if the D starts playing like it did the last two weeks. They have been well above average.

And this is 3 straight weeks against good defense our O had just been rolling. Our QB had 4 more tds than anyone else in the league and our d is getting healthy and starting to perform very well as of late.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:19
NCF wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Like I said, the fans complain about individual negative plays in a game full of positives. Like holy crap, the team isn't perfect. Cool. It's still very good.
I'm complaining about the two sides of the ball that are not carrying this team. Our offense is next level awesome even with mistakes and penalties and injuries. The defense, with everything stacked in their favor, still isn't coming through like it should... and it is NOT just this game.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So here is our #1 seed clinching scenarios:

Packers Win Out and Saints lose 1 game.

Packers lose to Titans AND Saints lose 2 games and Rams lose one game.

With the Saints winning today, it is looking more and more we will need to get 13 wins to have a shot at the top seed. Honestly I really want to beat TEN anyways because we need a win vs a team with a winning record after our bye week.

But that is where we stand.
Yoop wrote:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

That Jones TD reminded me of the Kamara TD against us. Literally just trying to get yards and next thing you know you're in the end zone!!

God I hope we can keep him. He's such a great kid too.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:22
But if we are going to give up 17 points, I will take it by doing it on 4th and 18 and a punt return.

Those are flukes.
That's the rosy view. The defense does seem to be slowly inching towards respectability, but the ST, and the punt team in particular, has been a problem all season and is seemingly trending the other way.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:23
NCF wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Yeah; i was upset after that play. Quickly got over it when they forced a punt and got a pick on the next two drives and realized how good of a day they really had.

This team just gets scarier if the D starts playing like it did the last two weeks. They have been well above average.

And this is 3 straight weeks against good defense our O had just been rolling. Our QB had 4 more tds than anyone else in the league and our d is getting healthy and starting to perform very well as of late.
I was happy to see the Bears take to the Lions on offense.

But I will say our defense doing well should have been the expectation vs these poor offensive units.

We have a big test in Detroit. If we can stop the Lions, that will be a big win.
Yoop wrote: