Eagles @ Packers GDT - 3:25 - CBS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:24
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:19
NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:17

4th and 18 is the obvious play.
Like I said, the fans complain about individual negative plays in a game full of positives. Like holy crap, the team isn't perfect. Cool. It's still very good.
I'm complaining about the two sides of the ball that are not carrying this team. Our offense is next level awesome even with mistakes and penalties and injuries. The defense, with everything stacked in their favor, still isn't coming through like it should... and it is NOT just this game.
I’m just confused about this though after today. How did the D not come through today? Like was mentioned above, we shut them down other than a 4th and long and a punt return, two fluke plays. I don’t think Philly took a snap in the red zone today. The D was incredible today.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:24
lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:21
Gotta give it to Savage. He’s the worst tackler on the team including the offensive players but he makes plays in the passing game.
But not if you include special teams... LOL SCOTT!!
Credit to Scott trying. Savage would have stared and hoped someone else made the play.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:27
NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:24
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:19

Like I said, the fans complain about individual negative plays in a game full of positives. Like holy crap, the team isn't perfect. Cool. It's still very good.
I'm complaining about the two sides of the ball that are not carrying this team. Our offense is next level awesome even with mistakes and penalties and injuries. The defense, with everything stacked in their favor, still isn't coming through like it should... and it is NOT just this game.
I’m just confused about this though after today. How did the D not come through today? Like was mentioned above, we shut them down other than a 4th and long and a punt return, two fluke plays. I don’t think Philly took a snap in the red zone today. The D was incredible today.
Fair enough. The 4th and 18 drive was a 9-play 73 TD drive as soon as Hurts came in and that followed his initial possession where a ghost holding call put them in 2nd in 22 after they had run the ball down to our 9 yard line. I know there was a big adjustment to a mobile QB coming in, but I just didn't like what I saw for pretty much the entire 3rd quarter. They did clamp down in the 4th when they had to, but unlucky for us, our un-ST had to take the field.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounds like we can thank Z, Preston, and Clark for talking to Pettine about simplifying the defense and letting the loose more.
RIP JustJeff

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

texas wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:48
The only reason it even felt close was because of 2 plays: the busted 4th and long and the punt return.
This Eagles team was in shambles and we let them get back. That tells volumes. I hope I see ghosts here and I hope I am overcritical but it ain't a good sign when you fall apart where you should start cruising. I mean: 4th and 18 and they score a TD? Are u kidding me? This is not Detroit, man, this is the Super Bowl! (Yeah,I stole that line :), bonus point if you know the context of it)

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:39
Sounds like we can thank Z, Preston, and Clark for talking to Pettine about simplifying the defense and letting the loose more.
Interesting! Wasn't Pettine's whole philosophy "Keep It Learnable & Likeable"? Reading between the lines, this means he strayed from his own principles, which is kind of a weird thing for an experienced coach to do...
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

German_Panzer wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:40
texas wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:48
The only reason it even felt close was because of 2 plays: the busted 4th and long and the punt return.
This Eagles team was in shambles and we let them get back. That tells volumes. I hope I see ghosts here and I hope I am overcritical but it ain't a good sign when you fall apart where you should start cruising. I mean: 4th and 18 and they score a TD? Are u kidding me? This is not Detroit, man, this is the Super Bowl! (Yeah,I stole that line :), bonus point if you know the context of it)
I mean of course we have our faults, every team does. It is very unlikely we win the super, as it is for every single team. Like maybe 10%, 15% tops given our current state? Just so easy to be like, yeah, I called it, we clearly weren’t good enough here. That’s just not going out on a limb. Enjoy the ride and see what we can do.

I feel like I must have watched a different game today than most. We were dominant other than two plays. It is 100 times easier to clamp down and improve on those two plays vs trying to improve on the other 58 plays when you get your tails kicked.

I just do not see a better team than is in the NFC. That doesn’t even mean we are the best or should expect to be in the super bowl, just there isn’t anyone clearly better than us.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:46
I mean of course we have our faults, every team does. It is very unlikely we win the super, as it is for every single team. Like maybe 10%, 15% tops given our current state? Just so easy to be like, yeah, I called it, we clearly weren’t good enough here. That’s just not going out on a limb. Enjoy the ride and see what we can do.

I feel like I must have watched a different game today than most. We were dominant other than two plays. It is 100 times easier to clamp down and improve on those two plays vs trying to improve on the other 58 plays when you get your tails kicked.

I just do not see a better team than is in the NFC. That doesn’t even mean we are the best or should expect to be in the super bowl, just there isn’t anyone clearly better than us.
:lombardi: :banana: :lombardi: :banana: :lombardi:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

defense plays well for most of game, then as has been a problem it caves to a couple big plays and allows teams a chance to beat us, doesn't help to be great for most of the game if ya can't finish, Pettine needs to dial up some stunts, his prevent usually accomplishes the goal, but usually isn't good enough, the Eagles are not good enough to be able to do what they did today.

special teams left a lot of yards on the field, hopefully Austin will be ready soon.

great win except for the late game jitters, this offense becomes more dominate with each game, wish we'd of hired Lafluer back in 2017, hell even the day after we lost to Seattle in 016, I love these schemes, specially with a better gadget (Ervin) pre snap crosser slot guy.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

There are probably 5 teams in the NFC I could see going to Tampa.

GB, NO, LAR, SEA. TB

There are 2 teams I think can make some real stink in the playoffs.

NYG, AZ

The conference is just super tight. The advantage we have is our quarterback is clearly the best and playing the best. Russell Wilson is the 2nd scariest QB in the conference right now but he has been massively inconsistent the last few weeks and their defense is horrible. You want to be disappointed in a defense? Go watch the backup QB Giants do nothing but hand off the ball and run for 150 yards on two drives to score two TDs. The Seahawks were worthless today. You stop Metcalf and the Hawks can't do anything.

I think the Rams and Saints have the best team if we exclude the QB in the conference.

But I will say the Packers have the highest potential in the conference. Again. I truly see Rashan Gary and Darnell Savage as our wildcards. If Savage continues creating turnovers and not allowing deep balls and if Gary gets to the QB, this defense is a different unit. I think that is why I was so mad about that 4th and 18. Savage just can't allow that.

I really hope Gary has 8 sacks by the end of the year. He helped his chances today with 1.5 sacks putting him at 4. That means he needs another sack each game. His play is getting there. Keke was awesome today too. This team has the potential. Just something weird happens each week to make us feel disappointed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 20:22

GB, NO, LAR, SEA. TB
For the reasons you say, I would be shocked to see Seattle in the SB.

I know Wilson can just turn it on and be unstoppable for a stretch, so I get why you included them. But man, I do not see it with them.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I think we are in perfect spot to get right with Detroit and Carolina coming up. Inferior opponents, Detroit got their big interim win today, just crush these guys and I will feel much better about our chances to keep this going into January. Defense keep making improvements and gain consistency and ST stop sucking.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 20:28
go pak go wrote:

GB, NO, LAR, SEA. TB

I know Wilson can just turn it on and be unstoppable for a stretch, so I get why you included them. But man, I do not see it with them.
YoHo. I am disappointed. The Seahawks are always spotted 10 points either from God, the NFL, the Refs, the Crowd, mother nature, the opponent....

The Seahawks are the only team who has a 98% or worse loss probability with under 2:00 to go and wins.

If Pete Carroll b*tches....Pete Carrol shall receive.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just love MVS and David B. on this play care so much about their RB to get him in the endzone.

Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 20:30
I think we are in perfect spot to get right with Detroit and Carolina coming up. Inferior opponents, Detroit got their big interim win today, just crush these guys and I will feel much better about our chances to keep this going into January. Defense keep making improvements and gain consistency and ST stop sucking.
I feel like that's what the team has done the past two weeks after blowing the Colts game, but yes, I hope they continue to do so.

Both of those opponents have nice offenses and terrible defenses, so they might be more high-scoring affairs.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I mean this is from Seattle’s game today.

With no Daniel Jones in the lineup, it didn’t take inside knowledge of the Giants’ game plan to deduce that they’d be leaning heavily on the ground game. They did so and the Seahawks were unable to stop them in the third quarter. They scored 17 straight points while on their way to 190 rushing yards
Mind you this isn’t against MVP candidate Dalvin Cook. This was against Alfred Morris.

How many different fire threads would we have here.

And yet we are a team no one would mind playing and Seattle is a SB threat. :rotf:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:48
BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:46

:lombardi: :banana: :lombardi: :banana: :lombardi:
👍 :aok:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 15:44
JK Scott, low quality.
I have concerns about Scott. He looked good as a rookie but has regressed steadily since.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 20:32
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 20:28
go pak go wrote:

GB, NO, LAR, SEA. TB

YoHo. I am disappointed. The Seahawks are always spotted 10 points either from God, the NFL, the Refs, the Crowd, mother nature, the opponent....

The Seahawks are the only team who has a 98% or worse loss probability with under 2:00 to go and wins.

If Pete Carroll b*tches....Pete Carrol shall receive.
Of all the teams likely to make the playoffs and outside of the East the Seahawks are the biggest pretenders. I’d love to play them. Wilson is so over rated. This dude just chucks the ball up and hopes his receivers come down with it. Their defense is god awful. I have absolutely no concerns with them.

I have my eye on the Saints. Aaron Donald would eat Lucas Patrick alive and I think Ramsey can handle Adams well enough to make things difficult. I also don’t think McVay is an idiot. He would stick to the run game unlike some of these clown OCs we’ve been facing.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lulu wrote:
06 Dec 2020 16:16
Ref kinda looks like Captain Kangaroo.

Most of you have no idea who that is...
I remember him and Mr. Green Jeans. Pugger = :favre: