Eagles @ Packers GDT - 3:25 - CBS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

The problem is every NFC team has warts this year. Don't know if we're the best but we are definitely in the conversation. The best team will show it in the playoffs. I like the way we're trending but Titans game is what I'm waiting to see. That will test our defense perfectly for the playoffs.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
07 Dec 2020 12:10
Just gonna leave this right here. :)

What I find rather neat here is Daniels is following the team still.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
08 Dec 2020 00:53
BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:46
German_Panzer wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:40

This Eagles team was in shambles and we let them get back. That tells volumes. I hope I see ghosts here and I hope I am overcritical but it ain't a good sign when you fall apart where you should start cruising. I mean: 4th and 18 and they score a TD? Are u kidding me? This is not Detroit, man, this is the Super Bowl! (Yeah,I stole that line :), bonus point if you know the context of it)
I mean of course we have our faults, every team does. It is very unlikely we win the super, as it is for every single team. Like maybe 10%, 15% tops given our current state? Just so easy to be like, yeah, I called it, we clearly weren’t good enough here. That’s just not going out on a limb. Enjoy the ride and see what we can do.

I feel like I must have watched a different game today than most. We were dominant other than two plays. It is 100 times easier to clamp down and improve on those two plays vs trying to improve on the other 58 plays when you get your tails kicked.

I just do not see a better team than is in the NFC. That doesn’t even mean we are the best or should expect to be in the super bowl, just there isn’t anyone clearly better than us.
I'll go one further. We're the best team in the NFC. The TB game raises questions, but there are several reasonable explanations for that performance that don't drop us below being the top team.
Every team has a stinker or 2 every year. How many thought Washington was going to go into Pittsburg and beat the 11 win Steelers last night? LV had to go to the wire to beat a winless Jets team. MN struggled to beat the Jags at home. Any given Sunday...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packers are going to come out of the week with the 2nd or 3rd largest scoring differential on the week...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
08 Dec 2020 08:44
go pak go wrote:
07 Dec 2020 12:10
Just gonna leave this right here. :)

What I find rather neat here is Daniels is following the team still.
I bet he still has friends on the team and in GB, interesting tid bit though

Raji was a real stud the first few years, good at both pluging a gap and pushing the pile, Keke gets pushed around defending the run, sure would be nice to have a young Raji right now :munch:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

packman114 wrote:
08 Dec 2020 08:28
The problem is every NFC team has warts this year. Don't know if we're the best but we are definitely in the conversation. The best team will show it in the playoffs. I like the way we're trending but Titans game is what I'm waiting to see. That will test our defense perfectly for the playoffs.
The talk over at FF is the Titans pass defense leaves a lot to be desired. If this is true Rodgers and company could have another big day. But first things first. It seems the loins players are happy to see Patricia gone and they played with much more spirit for Bevell. We have to take care of business in Detroit this weekend. We can't screw up and turn the ball over.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Dec 2020 08:52
Packers are going to come out of the week with the 2nd or 3rd largest scoring differential on the week...
And only not #1 because Bill Belichick got to face a rookie QB. No surer bet in this league than Bill dominating a rookie QB.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
08 Dec 2020 09:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Dec 2020 08:52
And only not #1 because Bill Belichick got to face a rookie QB. No surer bet in this league than Bill dominating a rookie QB.
Not to mention they also got a defensive TD and a ST TD.

They won 45-0 but had less than 300 yards of offense. :shock:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wow, Seattle dropped in 4th to scoring now. After the 1) Packers, 2) Chiefs and 3) ....

See if you can guess #3 without looking it up.

Not who I would have guessed, maybe wouldn't have even guessed they were top 10.
Spoiler
Titans

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The three stars of the game were: 1. Aaron Rodgers. 2. Dean Lowry. 3. Elgton Jenkins. As a team, the Packers received 3 ½ footballs.
Robert Tonyan (38) is the first TE since Cincinnati’s Rodney Holman in 1986-87 to post a TD reception of 25 yards or more in three straight games.
Not only was Elgton Jenkins the only blocker not charged with a pressure, but he also was the only one without a “bad” run. Because of Jenkins’ talent and versatility, the Packers found life without Corey Linsley (knee) to be OK. In pass protection, Jenkins spent much of the game sliding toward DT Fletcher Cox. When matched against Cox one-on-one, he held up just fine. His efficiency on shotgun snaps has been a surprise. Billy Turner started his first game at RG since the NFC Championship Game. His opponent, Cox, still is a great player in his ninth season but was limited to 62 percent playing time because of a neck injury. Cox outmuscled Turner on a pair of “bad” runs but never beat him in pass pro. Turner’s ability to think on his feet was mentioned by Aaron Jones. When Turner made a call just before the ball was snapped alerting others that the Eagles were bringing a weak safety blitz, Jones took heed and cut the run back away from the blitz and to daylight for a 77-yard TD. Lucas Patrick hadn’t played a single snap at LG since the opener. He also is playing with a toe injury that has limited his range. The coaches decided that moving Patrick from RG to LG, Turner from RT to RG and starting Rick Wagner at RT was better than going with rookie Jon Runyan at LG. This unit has been so sturdy all season that it was rather shocking to see Patrick get beat by DT Javon Hargrave for a sack in 2.7 seconds on the Packers’ second play. Other than that and 1 ½ “bad” runs, Patrick’s day was clean. Opponents probably don’t like Patrick’s gung-ho approach but they have to respect it. David Bakhtiari had another strong performance, yielding one-half pressure and one “bad” run. In an unconventional move, Bakhtiari and Patrick traded positions on the last two kneel-downs.
With all the passing in the red zone, Aaron Jones (40) had scored just one touchdown since returning from injury in Game 8. His number of carries had declined and he wasn’t featured nearly as much in the passing game. His playing time (109 snaps) compared to Jamaal Williams’ snap count (94) in the last three games might have been disconcerting as well. Ever the good teammate, Jones just keeps playing hard. This was the day he had been waiting on. If not for the pitchout that Jones fumbled on the first play, Jones might well have been the team’s best player. In 18 touches he broke 10 tackles, four more than his season-high against the Vikings in Game 1.
Dean Lowry, who played 31 of the 62 possible snaps on defense, might have played his finest game. His one sack was of the hustle variety as he spun off a block and into Jalen Hurts’ escape route. That was the last of the seven sacks; a series earlier, he set up the sixth sack by flushing Hurts toward the Smith’s. Lowry had two other pressures for a share of the team lead with four. All season, Mike Pettine has used either Kenny Clark (44) or Kingsley Keke (24) as the lone 300-pounder on a four-man rush line with the three outside linebackers in third-and-long situations. On Sunday, Lowry was playing so well that Pettine had him in that role on the final series. On the first of Keke’s two sacks, he actually ran into Rashan Gary, picked himself up next to RG Jason Peters and trapped Carson Wentz in 4.8 seconds. Later, he beat Peters, a nine-time Pro Bowl left tackle now playing inside, with a tremendous move and engulfed Wentz in 2.7. Keke finished with 2 ½ pressures compared to 1 ½ for Clark, who had the toughest matchup in Pro Bowl center Jason Kelce. Clark contributed to a solid performance against the interior run. The quarterbacks, however, scrambled for 47, and Clark lost containment against Wentz on an 11-yard gain. Tyler Lancaster (14) didn’t play much largely because there was a season-low seven snaps with three bigs on the field. Already without Montravius Adams due to injury, the Packers lost deep reserve Billy Winn with a left triceps injury on his third snap.
Christian Kirksey (62) had another hum-drum showing as an every-down player. He has had some issues with alignment, late reactions and taking chances. He made a terrific play defending a 20-yard pass to RB Boston Scott on a leak-out. Although Scott’s 28-yard run was called back, Kirksey was way late getting over. Kamal Martin (16) goes a mile a minute, which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. He went hard on the first play but missed Miles Sanders in the backfield on what became a 6-yard run. Ten plays later, he helped halt the drive with a tackle for a loss on a similar charge. There are times Martin’s speed and energy enable him to outrun his inexperience and mistakes. Back after a three-game absence due to COVID-19, Krys Barnes played only on special teams.
Adrian Amos (62) and others had a fairly easy afternoon. Darnell Savage (62) closed the game out with a wonderful, stretched-out interception in which he had to stop on a dime and react to the ball. That partially atoned for the 41-yard bomb to Goedert in which he guessed wrong, planted on the wrong foot and slipped, which often happens in those situations. Switching Savage’s deep role with Amos’ box role has helped Savage. Raven Greene (32) appeared to suffer a shoulder injury late. Greene would be missed both as a rugged though undersized run player and Mike Pettine’s favorite blitzer. Pettine sent Greene six times. He responded with 1 ½ pressures, including a partial sack in which he beat LG Isaac Seumalo, couldn’t get Wentz down, lost his footing, scrambled up and nailed him the second time. Will Redmond (nine), who is even smaller than Greene, replaced him. Jaire Alexander (61) was going along great, having played the run tough and breaking up three passes. Then on fourth and 18, he reacted to Hurts’ advance through the pocket toward him, didn’t get deep enough and watched Greg Ward catch a 32-yard TD behind him. Neither Kevin King (59) nor Chandon Sullivan (60) did much business. When King didn’t get his long arms on rookie Jalen Reagor and opened his hips anyway, he couldn’t quite keep up and the completion was for 34 yards.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
08 Dec 2020 09:16
Wow, Seattle dropped in 4th to scoring now. After the 1) Packers, 2) Chiefs and 3) ....

See if you can guess #3 without looking it up.

Not who I would have guessed, maybe wouldn't have even guessed they were top 10.
Spoiler
Titans
A1 Trivia Question
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man he completely blew past Sanders on that first run.

But holy crap Kamal Martin is fun to watch. I mean this guy is that "juice" we all desperately want on this defense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Dec 2020 12:16

But holy crap Kamal Martin is fun to watch. I mean this guy is that "juice" we all desperately want on this defense.
Yeah he needs to improve his instincs a bit, but that will come with playing time i believe. I like how he looks excited to go sideline to sideline and tattoo a ball carrier. I want to play him tons starting now, and I dont care if we have to suffer through some rookie mistakes.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Dec 2020 12:23
go pak go wrote:
08 Dec 2020 12:16

Yeah he needs to improve his instincs a bit, but that will come with playing time i believe. I like how he looks excited to go sideline to sideline and tattoo a ball carrier. I want to play him tons starting now, and I dont care if we have to suffer through some rookie mistakes.
I agree. This is the time we need him to build minutes so he can be ascending by January.

But instead we will watch this.

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Some nice AR analysis.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

While we're discussing rookies to replace the injured 3rd safety, I wonder if Vernon Scott, the rookie actually drafted for that position, might be worthy of a few more minutes. :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Dec 2020 12:59
While we're discussing rookies to replace the injured 3rd safety, I wonder if Vernon Scott, the rookie actually drafted for that position, might be worthy of a few more minutes. :idn:
I don't know. He committed a defensive holding call on that first series on Sunday and he wasn't even in the game. ;)

But I would honestly love to see that happen.

Again. It won't happen. But by and large I would like us to try and play with more 2 ILBs more often.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If you are looking at the "likely way to beat the Packers" in the postseason, we will likely be facing RBs who can make big plays in the pass game with MN, NO's, LAR?, and KC.

Kamara and Cook have shredded us. I just wonder how we can combat that vs a Tyreek Hill.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
08 Dec 2020 13:11
If you are looking at the "likely way to beat the Packers" in the postseason, we will likely be facing RBs who can make big plays in the pass game with MN, NO's, LAR?, and KC.

Kamara and Cook have shredded us. I just wonder how we can combat that vs a Tyreek Hill.
I actually texted a friend saying I'd rather face the Chiefs without Hill than the Chiefs without Mahomes.

Last year when we beat the Chiefs with Matt Moore, we played defense in a way that infuriated everyone--holding safeties back, passively avoiding big plays. We did that because of Tyreek Hill. You can't leave him single covered for a single play. It's an absurd field-tilting effect.

Mahomes is a god. But if we can cover his receivers, we can hold up.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
08 Dec 2020 13:09
YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Dec 2020 12:59
I don't know. He committed a defensive holding call on that first series on Sunday and he wasn't even in the game. ;)

But I would honestly love to see that happen.

Again. It won't happen. But by and large I would like us to try and play with more 2 ILBs more often.
I'd rather take my chances with Scott or a linebacker than watch Redmond bounce off running backs and tight ends
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi