Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Willink wrote:
21 Nov 2020 16:17
salmar80 wrote:
03 Aug 2020 16:38
No way I'm not waiting some days for Pixel 4a, and see how it really does vs OnePlus Nord.

That camera... One good one is worth ten sucky ones, once you learn to use it.
I've previously owned the Oneplus One and Three and was happy with both. I assume their update schedule has improved since then given their pretty large market share expansion, but the slow rollouts of updates was really my only gripe. Literally the anti-Iphone in terms of maximizing economization.
I ultimately bought OnePlus Nord at launch.

It's an Android phone with no bells nor whistles, and overall quality and functionality has been great. Everything functions fast, it's a solid piece of engineering.

My only gripes: As a photographer, I like to be in control of the shots I take. The cameras on the phone are fine for some things. But when you're taking photos in low-light situations, it doesn't just take the pictures, it attempts to software correct low lighting, which sometimes ends up being artificial horror.

Some photos I've taken with it:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

And now you know...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
30 Oct 2020 09:28
2020 might end on a high note. The McRib is back on 12/2.

I have honestly never even tried one, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I am going to give one of those bad boys a whirl this time around.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My wife told me this morning that Coppola re-edited Godfather 3. Made over 160 edits to the film. Apparently he, Pacino, and others all hated it but they were rushed by the studio to finish it by X-mas. So now they have taken the time to re-edit and make the movie they wanted to make from the start. I guess they and critics say it is way way better.

I only watched 3 once, and that was enough. But I'm curious to see the new edit.
RIP JustJeff

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

:cry:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]BF004[/mention] you share a birthday with Davante Adams!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Dec 2020 08:39
@BF004 you share a birthday with Davante Adams!
And Dr Fauci, Ricky Martin, Ryan Seacrest and Randall Beatty

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
24 Dec 2020 09:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
Well, happy birthday to all of you! ;)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
24 Dec 2020 09:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
Dunno about those others (except for Adams). But I'm bloody glad you were born.

So cheers!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Merry Christmas y'all!

In Finland, we for some reason do most of the celebrating on all holidays on the eve of it. Probably 'cause it gives a day more to recover if the celebrating gets too exciting. So it's only fitting to wish a Merry Christmas a day early.

(DO NOT attempt this at home. It can actually be done, but requires very special weather for weeks.)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We had that weather up until the storm yesterday. Lakes were clear ice, it was pretty cool.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I've been running for the last decade or so, but recent years have been more 3-4 months on, couple months off, especially during the cold months. I don't have it in me motivation wise to get out there when its 10 degrees to jog on the track. And I think treadmills are awfully boring.

With that being said, I'm thinking about trying something different and trying some hiking in areas that I can find around here. Maybe even some trail running, where I used to stick to mainly road, paved paths, and track. There's definitely some areas that are miles long up in the Loess Hills that I'd like to try. Anyone do a mix of walking/running on trails? Any recommendations for shoes? Tips for beginners looking to maybe try some long distance hiking?
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jan 2021 11:39
I've been running for the last decade or so, but recent years have been more 3-4 months on, couple months off, especially during the cold months. I don't have it in me motivation wise to get out there when its 10 degrees to jog on the track. And I think treadmills are awfully boring.

With that being said, I'm thinking about trying something different and trying some hiking in areas that I can find around here. Maybe even some trail running, where I used to stick to mainly road, paved paths, and track. There's definitely some areas that are miles long up in the Loess Hills that I'd like to try. Anyone do a mix of walking/running on trails? Any recommendations for shoes? Tips for beginners looking to maybe try some long distance hiking?
Get Yak Trax for your comfy shoes if you are doing paved trails. Otherwise, if doing boots/snow, it doesn't take much to get a great workout.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

In terms of running in winter, no, i literally started like 11 months ago at a gym and didn’t run outside till it was nice out. But there is a water fowl preserve near our house where I run those trails all the time.

Treadmill is boring, but I slapped a tv right in front of ours. Find it super easy to watch like half a football game waking on there, easy way to get 75-90 minutes of decent work in. Hard to get the hr above 100, but better than nothing.

Got my eyes on a sprint triathlon in may, so I’ll need to find something soon to start getting ready. Be interested in what you find, but running outside is definitely the best.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Anybody into cbd products?? I'm slowly switching over from heavy lifting to admitting I'm pushing 40 and my body just cant. I had more nagging injuries and a really scary back injury to switch my game up. Anyway. There is a local guy and friend that has a cbd company and wow. The oils and gummies I think help but I'm on my 3rd application of the salve on a pissy elbow and not any.... I mean any discomfort. It's kind of crazy to me

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
05 Jan 2021 16:04
Anybody into cbd products?? I'm slowly switching over from heavy lifting to admitting I'm pushing 40 and my body just cant. I had more nagging injuries and a really scary back injury to switch my game up. Anyway. There is a local guy and friend that has a cbd company and wow. The oils and gummies I think help but I'm on my 3rd application of the salve on a pissy elbow and not any.... I mean any discomfort. It's kind of crazy to me
I used the gummies and oil and have to say that I saw improvement with the gummies but had some disagreement with the oils.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
01 Jan 2021 14:42
TheGreenMan wrote:

Get Yak Trax for your comfy shoes if you are doing paved trails. Otherwise, if doing boots/snow, it doesn't take much to get a great workout.
I finally looked into these, and I might grab some to put on my Cloud running shoes. These might fit just the bill for running on pavement in the winter for sure. Thanks for that [mention]NCF[/mention] I had never heard of these.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
01 Jan 2021 18:07
Treadmill is boring, but I slapped a tv right in front of ours. Find it super easy to watch like half a football game waking on there, easy way to get 75-90 minutes of decent work in. Hard to get the hr above 100, but better than nothing.
Last good work out I had on the treadmill was at the gym, during the super bowl pregame show for us back in 2010. Helped with a lot of upcoming stress. Think I was on the thing for 2 hours. :mrgreen:
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
08 Jan 2021 15:18
NCF wrote:
01 Jan 2021 14:42
TheGreenMan wrote:

I finally looked into these, and I might grab some to put on my Cloud running shoes. These might fit just the bill for running on pavement in the winter for sure. Thanks for that @NCF I had never heard of these.
Having run the marathon back in the day, I would never ever recommend running just on pavement for any long durations. Knees and other joints don't like it. Any softer surface and less monotone motion helps, like running on forest paths, on grass or on snow. Plus since the softer surface slows you down, you get the same energy spent in lesser time. Cross-country skiing is not a bad substitute, if you can do it.

My personal method was to run in a forest, randomly choosing small paths or just wild terrain until I had to turn back. Got to see new places, had fun exploring while running.