NFC North Champions

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
13 Dec 2020 19:39
go pak go wrote:
13 Dec 2020 19:30
So I don't know if I want the Packers to clinch the #1 seed or not before week 17 and making that game meaningless.

There is a possibility it happens; though after thinking about it...it's very unlikely.

So basically if we are 12-4, we can't have a 3-way tie because we would lose the 3-way breaker.

I think the only likely way is if the Hawks lose this week to Washington and then beat the Rams so both have 5 losses and we can use our head to head over NO's.

So more likely than not....we will need to play the Bears to win.
I like that, too. Play an important game and then get a week off, the only team in the NFC to rest up and get healthy. Fans or no fans, let the Lambeau mystique matter.

Saw some Rodgers quotes on Twitter, but you really have to think about it that he is 1-3 in NFC Title Games, but not a single one has been at Lambeau. I think this matters to him to get the #1 seed this year and have that potential Title Game at Lambeau.
It's always been my dream to experience an NFC Title game at Lambeau.

Unbelievable how hard and rare they are.

I was in Chicago for that Title game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

January 20th, 2008 was the last time an NFC Championship Game was played in Lambeau. Before that it was January 12th, 1997.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:
So I don't know if I want the Packers to clinch the #1 seed or not before week 17 and making that game meaningless.

There is a possibility it happens; though after thinking about it...it's very unlikely.

So basically if we are 12-4, we can't have a 3-way tie because we would lose the 3-way breaker.

I think the only likely way is if the Hawks lose this week to Washington and then beat the Rams so both have 5 losses and we can use our head to head over NO's.

I like that, too. Play an important game and then get a week off, the only team in the NFC to rest up and get healthy. Fans or no fans, let the Lambeau mystique matter.

Saw some Rodgers quotes on Twitter, but you really have to think about it that he is 1-3 in NFC Title Games, but not a single one has been at Lambeau. I think this matters to him to get the #1 seed this year and have that potential Title Game at Lambeau.
I want #1 seed wrapped up and Jordan Love playing week 17.

Win the next 2, get a Seattle, LA and No loss on that same span would accomplish that.

Looking at their schedules, all possible.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:21
Jordan Love?! We gotta show off the TBLS so we can extract a pick out of a nice preseason performance for him.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Oh my gawd. Stop wuth the Jordan Love crap.

TBLS is our backup

But as for meaningless Week 17, the following has to happen:

1. Green Bay beats CAR and TN
2. NO's loses to either KC or MN
3. LAR loses to either NYJ or SEA (we know who they are losing to)
4. SEA loses to either WASH or LAR (if the Jets beat the Rams)

So really we need to rely on WASH beating SEA and then SEA beating LAR for this to be possible. Because we know the NFC West teams will play the 3:00 slot so the Packers can't rely on what happens in week 17
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Win the next 2, get a Seattle, LA and No loss on that same span would accomplish that.

If this happens - wrap up the #1 seed - we should want Boyle to play so we can showcase him to the league.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
13 Dec 2020 23:52
BF004 wrote:
NCF wrote:

If this happens - wrap up the #1 seed - we should want Boyle to play so we can showcase him to the league.
I like really don't want the Packers to have a meaningless Week 17. I don't want 2 weeks of "byes" and then have to play a playoff game.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 10:05
I like really don't want the Packers to have a meaningless Week 17. I don't want 2 weeks of "byes" and then have to play a playoff game.
I agree

But I wouldn't mind a meaningless game for the Bears in which they get punched in the mouth early and then fold, leading to a 5 TD first-half performance by Rodgers and a heavy helping of showcasing the TBLS to the league in the second half. :mrgreen:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Dec 2020 10:09
go pak go wrote:
I agree

But I wouldn't mind a meaningless game for the Bears in which they get punched in the mouth early and then fold, leading to a 5 TD first-half performance by Rodgers and a heavy helping of showcasing the TBLS to the league in the second half. :mrgreen:
For sure. Chicago effectively is eliminated this week if they lose to MN. So I am rooting for MN to end the Bears season.

And who wouldn't LOVE to see this in the 2nd half of week 17.

Yoop wrote:

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Yeah, two entire weeks off makes me a little uneasy - haven't fully exorcised the 2011 demons yet plus Lafleur's post bye teams don't exactly inspire confidence.

Definitely wouldn't mind a 'call the dogs off' type of week 17 game though.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 10:19
YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Dec 2020 10:09
go pak go wrote:
I agree

For sure. Chicago effectively is eliminated this week if they lose to MN. So I am rooting for MN to end the Bears season.

And who wouldn't LOVE to see this in the 2nd half of week 17.

I'd rather see MN eliminated before the Bears. MN might be more of a headache than the bares ever will be this year.
Last edited by Pugger on 14 Dec 2020 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:38
Oh my gawd. Stop wuth the Jordan Love crap.

TBLS is our backup

But as for meaningless Week 17, the following has to happen:

1. Green Bay beats CAR and TN
2. NO's loses to either KC or MN
3. LAR loses to either NYJ or SEA (we know who they are losing to)
4. SEA loses to either WASH or LAR (if the Jets beat the Rams)

So really we need to rely on WASH beating SEA and then SEA beating LAR for this to be possible. Because we know the NFC West teams will play the 3:00 slot so the Packers can't rely on what happens in week 17
TN might be a difficult one to win. That RB of theirs is a beast and Tannehill has been playing well.
KC should beat NO but ya never know if the game is in the Big Easy.
LAR might lose to SEA but not to NYJ.
SEA will have their hands full with either WASH or LAR.