Packers at Lions GDT, Dec 13 3:25pm CST, FOX

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Hope they didn’t tell Gary he had Covid at halftime or something.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Gigantic 3rd quarter was the difference. Wasn't pretty, but big-time win with a ton riding on it.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think Mason Crosby deserves a major shout out.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
13 Dec 2020 19:16
For his FG and for his KR tackle. Watch that, JK Scott!!!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

German_Panzer wrote:
13 Dec 2020 19:17
go pak go wrote:
Yep. Only good part of our ST unit.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
13 Dec 2020 19:22
German_Panzer wrote:
13 Dec 2020 19:17
go pak go wrote:
Yep. Only good part of our ST unit.
Ramsey had a big boy tackle on their first KR...

But AGAIN allowing a big return doesn't warm my heart.

Winning the NFC North does.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge wrote:
13 Dec 2020 18:44
BF004 wrote:
13 Dec 2020 18:42
salmar80 wrote:
13 Dec 2020 18:37
:king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

NFC North conquered once again.

Number one seed in NFC. Full control of destiny.

This. Is. Good.

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :banana: :banana:
Not enough emojis to encapsulate the feeling of the moment.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :ambulance: :ambulance: :ambulance: :ambulance: :ambulance: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoda: :yoda: :yoda: :yoda: :rimshot: :rimshot: :rimshot: :packers: :packers: :packers: :packers: :packers: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :stanta: :think: :think: :think: :think: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :king: :king: :king: :king: :ambulance: :thumbr: :thumbr: :ambulance: :guitar: :guitar: :king: :king: :thumbr:
Go home. You're drunk. :lol:
I am sadly home, haven’t left this damn house in 9 months :cry:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Any word from Rodgers on how he is feeling?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

go pak go wrote:
Really...

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
13 Dec 2020 18:56
What happened to Gary?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:57
paco wrote:
13 Dec 2020 18:56
What happened to Gary?
Kind of a weird answer. What did the pregame meal or halftime snack rip up the bowels or something? Lol
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

williewasgreat wrote:
13 Dec 2020 17:52
WTF is up with the defensive penalties?
How many defensive holding calls did we have in this game?? :?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

williewasgreat wrote:
13 Dec 2020 18:16
Once again our special teams try to screw it up. Thank God Crosby is not Scott!
Yes, Scott can't tackle worth a damn but I though our punter had a pretty decent game for a change. That long return was the only blemish that I can recall.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
13 Dec 2020 18:47
Feel bad for the defense. They just can't ever reduce their points allowed per game because either the offense or STs puts the defense in such a bad spot.
I can only recall one time the ST put the D in a bad spot. The biggest problem we have is our D can't seem to stop 3rd and long. :?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
13 Dec 2020 19:12
Gigantic 3rd quarter was the difference. Wasn't pretty, but big-time win with a ton riding on it.
Yes, we really dominated the 3rd quarter with time of possession and scoring. :beer2:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Got to Africa yesterday. They didn’t have internet set up for us and had to quarantine.

Looks like MVS had a great game. Savage was involved in a lot of tackles which is a plus. Gary still on a tear.

Anything of note from the game?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Dec 2020 00:12
Got to Africa yesterday. They didn’t have internet set up for us and had to quarantine.

Looks like MVS had a great game. Savage was involved in a lot of tackles which is a plus. Gary still on a tear.

Anything of note from the game?
You're like that overbearing dad that ruins his kid's confidence when you watch them. :lol: When you aren't there....those players play loose and awesome. ;)

I would agree that the Brian G draft picks had a very, very good day at the office yesterday.

Player of the Game - Marquez Valdez Scantling. - My gawd does it feel good to say that . :) As of one of his largest defenders on this forum, he made me so proud yesterday. First and foremost, his back shoulder TD catch was one of the better catches this season. It wasn't Davante Adams at SF level, but it was definitely high level and one you have to see to believe that it was #83 who caught it. Definitely a better catch than he had week 1. But beyond that, Quez also had a HUGE 3rd and 14 conversion where he sat in a zone and used very strong hands to keep the ball knowing the defenders would go after it. You know honestly it looked like Detroit was very effective taking out Adams that 2nd half. Adams got a few targets but the Lions really shut him down and forced incompletions during those targets. We don't win the game if MVS doesn't have his game. I thought we would see either Lazard or MVS have a breakout game. I took Lazard in Here's Johnny and MVS answered the call. To see this guy battle the way he does...just so happy he is a Packer.

Aaron Rodgers - Once again unbelievable. He had one bad play all day in my mind and that was throwing to Adams on 2nd down on the Mason Field Goal drive rather than take the easy crosser to Lazard that would have gotten us in the redzone. But Rodgers had complete control of the entire game.

Jamaal Williams - Really had a strong 2nd quarter. People complain we don't get Jonesy the ball in the 2nd quarter but when you have a guy like Williams that gets the tough yards...why would you? He is just so much fun to watch and my goodness did he have some good blitz pickups in the passing game.

Jaire Alexander - If you throw to him, it will be incomplete.

Rashan Gary - Had a phenomenal sack which you knew when the ball was snapped he was getting to the QB. Missed the entire 2nd half. His speed is such a weapon. I really wish he had done a better job and recognized the Lions were setting up a screen play on 2nd and 20. Instead he attacked the QB and AP caught the screen in the flat and basically got a 1st.

Kenny Clark - Dude is a comin. Their run game was stuffed the entire day and it was primarily because Clark was the man we knew. He has also had a fantastic sack near the end of the half that we desperately needed.

Dean Lowry - This guy was unequivocally the worst Packer on the team. I feel they are not playing him as much and whatever they are asking him to do the last 3 to 4 games is working because he is ascending. Today he was a field tilter on one drive. Great run stuff on 1st down and then 2nd down he shoots through the interior and comes up with a great sack we so desperately needed.

Darnell Savage - Honestly the role that Pettine has figured out for Amos and Savage is working. One we thought should be the opposite. We though Savage would be the great single high and Amos in the box but they are better flipped. Savage is so dangerous as a pass rusher because of his 4.3 speed. He looks comfortable and he is a good tackler. He was so close to having a Jaw Alexander moment by beating a 2 on 1 in blocking to break up a screen. Just didn't quite make it. If he did...he would seriously need to be considered for Here's Johnny.

Mason Crosby - Oh no biggy. Elgton Jenkins false starts to make my long 53 yard kicker to an even longer 58 yarder to win this game? Hold my beer.

EQSB - He had one play. But what a play it was. Rodgers had to break the pocket and do a scramble drill. EQSB recognized it and came back and caught the ball in traffic when nobody was open. He did what he didn't do when we played MN a month ago.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Our defense struggled in a few areas.

1. Third and Long - once again we just don't generate pass rush on 3rd and long and Stafford was able to stand back there and find the open guy to move the chains. I believe the Lions got 14 points because we couldn't stop a 3rd and long and get pressure. What is frustrating is it wasn't lack of sending rushers. Our rushers just couldn't get any pressure.

2. Screen game - Our rushers were aggressive and DET took major advantage. They had a few 2nd and 20's and they converted them on the screen game which is really starting to show it being a good way to attack the Packers defense.

As for individual players who had a rough day.

1. Christian Kirksey - I can't even think of one positive thing he brings to our defense. He looks like he is 20 pounds overweight and 10 years past his prime. He moves like he is Mercedes Lewis out there.

2. Kevin King - Marvin Jones had his number again. Kevin got real lucky some balls were incomplete when they shouldn't have been either due to close calls or overthrows.

3. Chandon Sullivan - He is on the decline these last four weeks

4. Anyone guarding TJ Hockenson - Hock owned us yesterday.
Yoop wrote:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

My rant for the week.... I love how the announcers when watching the replay reviews automatically assume when a player touches the ball it equals possession. On neither of those replays did the player have control until after the first foot was off the ground. It's driving me nuts and making fans think their team got screwed!

I still think the last step of replay should be at regular speed and if you can tell it's different than what the official called, reverse it. Super slow motion should be for stepping on the sidelines. No way you can convince me that a super slow motion or still frame definitively shows possession and control.

Rant over! #1 seed baby!!! 3 to go!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:07
My rant for the week.... I love how the announcers when watching the replay reviews automatically assume when a player touches the ball it equals possession. On neither of those replays did the player have control until after the first foot was off the ground. It's driving me nuts and making fans think their team got screwed!

I still think the last step of replay should be at regular speed and if you can tell it's different than what the official called, reverse it. Super slow motion should be for stepping on the sidelines. No way you can convince me that a super slow motion or still frame definitively shows possession and control.

Rant over! #1 seed baby!!! 3 to go!!
But per Schlereth....incompletions are still good because it stops the clock!
Yoop wrote: