Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

We have the offense to win it all. Our issues are D and ST. :|

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

It's not just a WR, it's the gadget type WR/RB that would help this offense the most, and until we have a excellent ILB the offense will have to carry this defense, lis, this defense performs the best from the side line, keep it off the field, protect Pettines job :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
09 Dec 2020 22:49
It's not just a WR, it's the gadget type WR/RB that would help this offense the most, and until we have a excellent ILB the offense will have to carry this defense, lis, this defense performs the best from the side line, keep it off the field, protect Pettines job :lol:
A gadget upgrade from Ervin (and Austin) who has the speed and slot ability of a WR and the body and elusiveness of a RB (and can handle returns) is, indeed, exactly what I want to add to this team, so I'm with ya. In fact I wouldn't mind a couple--because we have the starters in place; sprinkling explosiveness around the role players would really up our danger factor for opposing Ds.

I'm mixed on ILB; we need better ones, but I'm not sure that Martin, Barnes, Summers, and Kirksey next year might not be those better ones. One of those things where if a phenom drops in our laps, we should take it, but otherwise I won't consider it a need. Kinda like Gutey said about WR last year; once we hit a certain point in the draft (which seemed to be mid-second round), he didn't think there was a rookie who could beat out our depth guys. Taking an upgrade is worth it, but taking another body at the position won't be.

I hope Summers spends all offseason live tackling people. It's really his only weakness, but it's an important one and we don't practice it

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Dec 2020 08:57
Yoop wrote:
09 Dec 2020 22:49
A gadget upgrade from Ervin (and Austin) who has the speed and slot ability of a WR and the body and elusiveness of a RB (and can handle returns) is, indeed, exactly what I want to add to this team, so I'm with ya. In fact I wouldn't mind a couple--because we have the starters in place; sprinkling explosiveness around the role players would really up our danger factor for opposing Ds.

I'm mixed on ILB; we need better ones, but I'm not sure that Martin, Barnes, Summers, and Kirksey next year might not be those better ones. One of those things where if a phenom drops in our laps, we should take it, but otherwise I won't consider it a need. Kinda like Gutey said about WR last year; once we hit a certain point in the draft (which seemed to be mid-second round), he didn't think there was a rookie who could beat out our depth guys. Taking an upgrade is worth it, but taking another body at the position won't be.

I hope Summers spends all offseason live tackling people. It's really his only weakness, but it's an important one and we don't practice it
You think Kirksey is a Packer next year?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2020 10:00
No?

But I didn't think Lane Taylor would be a Packer this year.

And while this would suck for him and I don't know the bonus structure offhand, I'd rather have the veteran presence through the offseason with the young guys--especially because he was clearly and instantly so well-regarded in that locker room--and make that decision after training camp. But my feelings won't be hurt or lifted one way or the other with that guy.

And like, not to be too sentimental about it, but I don't think that Gary develops as well without Z on the roster; I don't think that Tonyan develops as well with out Big Dog on the roster. And I'd like to see Martin and Barnes have a little more time to learn from an experienced team-first leader with an understanding of the game, who worked his way up from a mid-round pick to a revered starter in the game before his injuries apparently sapped him of his difference-making ability. I genuinely believe that, even though I know, like, coaches coach and players play and whatnot.

Ok, but I just saw that his cap number next year is $8million and we save $6M by cutting him so maybe nevermind. Maybe they pull a Taylor and shave him down 2-3 million to stick around. Or maybe he's gone.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Dec 2020 10:12
go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2020 10:00
No?

But I didn't think Lane Taylor would be a Packer this year.

And while this would suck for him and I don't know the bonus structure offhand, I'd rather have the veteran presence through the offseason with the young guys--especially because he was clearly and instantly so well-regarded in that locker room--and make that decision after training camp. But my feelings won't be hurt or lifted one way or the other with that guy.

And like, not to be too sentimental about it, but I don't think that Gary develops as well without Z on the roster; I don't think that Tonyan develops as well with out Big Dog on the roster. And I'd like to see Martin and Barnes have a little more time to learn from an experienced team-first leader with an understanding of the game, who worked his way up from a mid-round pick to a revered starter in the game before his injuries apparently sapped him of his difference-making ability. I genuinely believe that, even though I know, like, coaches coach and players play and whatnot.

Ok, but I just saw that his cap number next year is $8million and we save $6M by cutting him so maybe nevermind. Maybe they pull a Taylor and shave him down 2-3 million to stick around. Or maybe he's gone.
I think that's what we do. I think we try and push his compensation down unless he does something to earn it the next few weeks.

Our cap will be tight and he is an easy out based on the structure we provided.

I am starting to believe in the ILB is important crowd too so I will definitely be looking for them in the draft. Really hope the answer is already on our roster though as #54.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2020 10:21
think we try and push his compensation down
Its going to be a tough year for players IF the revenue drops as predicted, so that gives GB some leverage in pushing his number down
As far as the ILB side of the coin - unless and until we get another talented DL, our ILBs are going to struggle.
Did you see how much Roquan Smith struggled vs GB without Akiem Hicks in front of him ? 8th pick of the draft looked terrible
I'd fix the DL and then watch as the ILBs all make a leap forward. Happy to have fresh blood, but upgrading the DL fixes two spots
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

IMO ILB is a evolving position in todays game, if they can't cover there a liability, Pettine likes the hybrid grouping of 3 safety's and one ILB, thats why I'd prefer a MLB that can do both well.

we've had oppertunity after oppertunity to draft a wide body DT the last couple years, instead we've taken gap penetrators like Keke cause thats what Pettine prefers, even after the shellacking we took in the playoffs against SF we passed on drafting one, my impression of the Snacks interest is that we low balled a offer and he said C Ya,however just showing interest could mean they've changed there minds, and will get a two gapper, even so they need improvement at ILB, whether that comes from these kids Martin or Barnes or a top pick, this defense wont take the next step till that happens

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
10 Dec 2020 18:33
my impression of the Snacks interest is that we low balled a offer and he said C Ya,however just showing interest could mean they've changed there minds,
Not doing this to say told you so. But pointing this out so you know the truth and not that "the Packers are cheap."

This is absolutely incorrect. The Packers did not low ball. Snacks just absolutely did not want to play in GB. Not for a bit. Snacks signed on the Seahawks Practice Squad and has a Vet Minimum deal.

Money absolutely, positively had nothing to do with him not coming to GB.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2020 18:40
Yoop wrote:
10 Dec 2020 18:33
my impression of the Snacks interest is that we low balled a offer and he said C Ya,however just showing interest could mean they've changed there minds,
Not doing this to say told you so. But pointing this out so you know the truth and not that "the Packers are cheap."

This is absolutely incorrect. The Packers did not low ball. Snacks just absolutely did not want to play in GB. Not for a bit. Snacks signed on the Seahawks Practice Squad and has a Vet Minimum deal.

Money absolutely, positively had nothing to do with him not coming to GB.
And $%@# him for it.

All aboard the Anthony Rush train!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

His arm is bigger than my waste.
image.png
image.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 406 times
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

IT. IS. TIME

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2020 19:34

image.png
Well, if your "waste" was that big, I'm sure your toilet would overflow. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That’ll need to be very long successful career, post Hill and Kelce and Reid, to even just keep pace with Aaron.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
10 Dec 2020 21:24
go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2020 19:34

image.png
Well, if your "waste" was that big, I'm sure your toilet would overflow. :lol:
Oh you haven't experienced the power of American Standard. ;)
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Only 2 people over 2 :shock:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 01:25

Only 2 people over 2 :shock:
And yet people, year after year, obsess over the amount of yards that guys like Mahomes, Brees, and Stafford throw. I'll take the guy who throws more TDs regularly.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean it helps that our offense is worthless on short goal line situations in the run game. :lol:
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

You have to wonder how many times this has ever happened.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
14 Dec 2020 09:21
You have to wonder how many times this has ever happened.
:shock: