Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 Dec 2020 10:29
Sterling Sharpe, Gale Gillingham and Leroy Butler should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame :bkw:
Yes, but don't leave out Verne Lewellen: Verne Lewellen is former Packer most deserving of Canton induction
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
12 Dec 2020 09:35
I would have no problem if in a meaningless Week 17 game Jordan Love got showcased for a half in an attempt to create trade value. Rodgers looks like he can play into his 40s right now.
If we play Jordan Love right now we would likely reduce his trade value.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
12 Dec 2020 11:23
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 Dec 2020 10:29
Sterling Sharpe, Gale Gillingham and Leroy Butler should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame :bkw:
Yes, but don't leave out Verne Lewellen: Verne Lewellen is former Packer most deserving of Canton induction
Lavvie Dilweg too. 5X All Pro. :bkw:

Let's throw in Billy Howton while we're at it. At age 90 he's still alive. As a Packer Howton made All-Pro twice. When he retired from the NFL he held the NFL record for receptions and yardage. Howton broke Don Hutson's reception record. Now since Bobby Dillon broke the 1950s Packers NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame barrier ..... its time to start pushing for Howton.

In summary: Verne Llewellen, Lavvie Dilweg, Billy Howton, Gale Gillingham, Sterling Sharpe and Leroy Butler. GO PACK GO!! :bkw:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 21 Dec 2020 10:26, edited 4 times in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Patriots' 11 year reign as AFC East Champs has come to an end.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Poor Mike McCarthy.

You know you’re in trouble when it’s week 14 and the owner’s son is hitting the airwaves in Big D assuring fans you will be back next year.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also random thought.

How freaking fun is wild card weekend going to be this year, non stop NFL playoff football from Saturday morning till Sunday night.

And aside form the NFC East, I really think all of the other 13 teams are all very exciting.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 23:06
Also random thought.

How freaking fun is wild card weekend going to be this year, non stop NFL playoff football from Saturday morning till Sunday night.

And aside form the NFC East, I really think all of the other 13 teams are all very exciting.
Yeah, there really will be some toss up games. Lots of good teams, not many great teams, but a lot of matches that could really go either way. Betting should really be fun.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ouch
Buccaneers punter Bradley Pinion, kicker Ryan Succop and long snapper Zach Triner were all placed on the COVID-19 reserve list today.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
I mean in the last 4 weeks
WFT: 4-0
Giants: 3-1
Cowboys: 2-2
Eagles: 1-3

they might be interesting, too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Dec 2020 16:01
BF004 wrote:
I mean in the last 4 weeks
WFT: 4-0
Giants: 3-1
Cowboys: 2-2
Eagles: 1-3

they might be interesting, too.
I mean maybe Philly with that aggressive D and Jalen Hurts at QB. I didn’t necessarily say good. Just exciting. I mean Alex Smith or Daniel Jones? :idn:

By that token, I actually find Pittsburgh largely not exciting, lol.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

BF004 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 22:35
I'm going to make a prediction, Mitch Trubisky starts for the 49ers next season. I think he fits in exactly to the system Shanahan runs.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Christo wrote:
15 Dec 2020 18:06
BF004 wrote:
I'm going to make a prediction, Mitch Trubisky starts for the 49ers next season. I think he fits in exactly to the system Shanahan runs.
Mitch will never start again unless there’s an injury. Dude is stanky.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Dec 2020 09:11
Christo wrote:
15 Dec 2020 18:06
BF004 wrote:
Mitch will never start again unless there’s an injury. Dude is stanky.
I disagree, he fits in exactly to the offense the 9ers run. Remember, 2 years ago when the Bears actually ran the football and Mitch had a pretty good year. 49ers are a run first team. Under Nagy, the Bears have forsaken the run and became pass, pass pass.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Christo wrote:
17 Dec 2020 12:20
I disagree, he fits in exactly to the offense the 9ers run. Remember, 2 years ago when the Bears actually ran the football and Mitch had a pretty good year. 49ers are a run first team. Under Nagy, the Bears have forsaken the run and became pass, pass pass.
I agree with you to an extent. Didn't everyone say the same things about Garropolo and his fit in the offense, though, too?

Read More. Post Less.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Detroit news is reporting that a Lions couple may have successfully mated, bolstering hope that it's fan base may someday recover in numbers and escape the endangered species list.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
17 Dec 2020 13:24
Detroit news is reporting that a Lions couple may have successfully mated, bolstering hope that it's fan base may someday recover in numbers and escape the endangered species list.
That is a lie that they are on the endangered species list! I know tons of them! I mean, every single on of them is painfully unhappy, but there are tons!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

As much as it's fun to laugh at the Bears for passing on Mahomes and Watson to trade up for Turd'biscuity, I also kinda feel like it wouldn't have mattered because -- as we all well know -- Chicago is where QBs go to die.

Mahomes's talent was legit but he also needed some refinement (much like Cutler when they traded for him) and he also had the benefit of a good supporting cast in KC, so it was kind of a perfect situation for him. In Chicago, he probably would have been Cutler 2.0 -- very inconsistent between brilliance and incompetence (much like Mitch has been).

Watson is good but we also see how limited his success is without a better supporting cast. I mean, I feel like that's basically true of all QBs, but it's also why Chicago is never able to find their Franchise QB -- they just don't know how to put QBs in a position to succeed.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
17 Dec 2020 13:33
As much as it's fun to laugh at the Bears for passing on Mahomes and Watson to trade up for Turd'biscuity, I also kinda feel like it wouldn't have mattered because -- as we all well know -- Chicago is where QBs go to die.

Mahomes's talent was legit but he also needed some refinement (much like Cutler when they traded for him) and he also had the benefit of a good supporting cast in KC, so it was kind of a perfect situation for him. In Chicago, he probably would have been Cutler 2.0 -- very inconsistent between brilliance and incompetence (much like Mitch has been).

Watson is good but we also see how limited his success is without a better supporting cast. I mean, I feel like that's basically true of all QBs, but it's also why Chicago is never able to find their Franchise QB -- they just don't know how to put QBs in a position to succeed.
I think the "it's not who you draft" but "where you're drafted, the situation you're drafted into and the supporting cast, both players and coaches..." is the more important factor for every player in the NFL.

I am convinced Aaron Rodgers is not the Aaron Rodgers we know today if he were taken by San Fran at #1 in 2005.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

NCF wrote:
17 Dec 2020 12:27
Christo wrote:
17 Dec 2020 12:20
I agree with you to an extent. Didn't everyone say the same things about Garropolo and his fit in the offense, though, too?
I don't think Jimmy G is nearly as athletic as Trubisky. And personally I think Trubisky is a better thrower of the ball than Jimmy G.
If he lands on the right team, someone is going to get him on the cheap for a couple of years.
If you look at his passer rating when he throws to his first read, he's really good. It's when he's forced to improvise he has problems. That has a lot to do with bad coaching more then anything.
The Bears and Nagy have done nothing to make him better. look at the crappy offensive line he's had since he's been there.
I have many friends who are Bear fans, we all agreed going into last years draft, they need to pick several offensive linemen. So naturally, they draft a tight end, a corner, a wide receiver and so on. They did pick an O-lineman in round 7, very thoughtful of them.
Oh yeah, they also spent a ton of money on Robert Quinn, who's done nothing for them.
Last edited by Christo on 17 Dec 2020 13:41, edited 1 time in total.