Packers #1 Seed

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:28
packman114 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:13
So we win a 3-way tie with Saints & Rams? Anyone know how? All 3 of us would have 2 conference losses.
Huh. It does look like we will have the tiebreaker over the Rams OR Seahawks at 12-4 if that loss is to TN.

We get the tiebreaker over the Seahawks at 12-4 with Conference Record.
We get the tiebreaker over the Rams with Common Games.

It looks like our common games is TB and SF.

Because SF swept the Rams and we beat SF, we win the tiebreaker over our one loss to TB and the Rams defeat over TB.
But aren't the tiebreakers different for 3 teams? If Saints lose to Chiefs and then win out, and Rams win out, we lose to only Tenn, all 3 of us are at 12-4. And all 3 of us are 10-2 in NFC games.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:57
go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:28
packman114 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:13
So we win a 3-way tie with Saints & Rams? Anyone know how? All 3 of us would have 2 conference losses.
Huh. It does look like we will have the tiebreaker over the Rams OR Seahawks at 12-4 if that loss is to TN.

We get the tiebreaker over the Seahawks at 12-4 with Conference Record.
We get the tiebreaker over the Rams with Common Games.

It looks like our common games is TB and SF.

Because SF swept the Rams and we beat SF, we win the tiebreaker over our one loss to TB and the Rams defeat over TB.
But aren't the tiebreakers different for 3 teams? If Saints lose to Chiefs and then win out, and Rams win out, we lose to only Tenn, all 3 of us are at 12-4. And all 3 of us are 10-2 in NFC games.
Yes. Three way tiebreakers can throw a wrench in things. In this situation it does not because we hold tiebreakers over both the Saints and Rams AND the Saints hold the tiebreaker over the Rams.

Since the Saints hold the tiebreaker over the Rams (due to Common Games) and we hold the tie breaker over the Rams (common games), we then get to use our tiebreaker over the Saints of head to head.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

BF004 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 07:51
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Try it out, kids. :beer2:
Playing around a bit with this....

Let's say TB wins out (seems reasonable since they have @ATL, @DET, vs ATL), and LAR beats SEA in week 16. That would mean that TB plays the NFCE winner and would be our most likely divisional round opponent (assuming the #2 and #3 seeds take care of business in the Wild Card round).

If SEA beats LAR in week 16 in this scenario, LAR is the #5 seed and likely opponent.

Would you all prefer Brady, Goff, or Wilson in GB? I don't know that I want to face that TB defense again and while it'd be nice to have Goff in the cold, I'm not sure I'd like to face the rest of his team that early either. Personally, give me the worst team (Seattle).

It would've been nice if the Vikings could have beaten TB yesterday.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Bring anyone to our house! :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think Rams at this point is the NFC team I want to play the least.

Watching that Vikes and Bucs game, once again I was convinced the Vikes were better than the Bucs. Similar to our game, it was MN beating themselves with missed kicks, the big bomb to Miller and honestly bullsh*t penalties that are always called in favor of Brady.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2020 08:48
Bring anyone to our house! :lombardi:
That's what I'm talkin' about! Oh yeah. :clap:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Alright Already ...... Let's continue this important discussion once the Saints-Chiefs outcome is apparent. :munch:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Only one team in the NFL has more wins than us, maybe we arent so bad.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My understanding of the situation right now is that if....

The Chiefs hold on to beat the Saints

then Next Week...

The Packers can clinch the #1 seed with....
a win AND
a Rams win or tie against the Seahawks

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Dec 2020 18:16

then Next Week...

a win AND
You are correct. If the Chiefs hold on, the Packers clinch the #1 seed with 1 win and a Seahawks loss or tie the rest of the season.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:

then Next Week...

a win AND
Sounds good. A little conflicted going into Week 17 with nothing on the line, but we need to secure this #1 seed anyway possible.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So we will know Sunday night if the Titans game is for the top seed.

If the Rams beat the Hawks, a win and we have clinched it.

If the Hawks beat the Rams, the Titans game still has meaning in case the Seahawks lose to the 49ers in Week 17.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 10:01

Watching that Vikes and Bucs game, once again I was convinced the Vikes were better than the Bucs. Similar to our game, it was MN beating themselves with missed kicks, the big bomb to Miller and honestly bullsh*t penalties that are always called in favor of Brady.
Of course if the Jets can beat them in LA... ;)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2020 19:21
go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2020 10:01

Of course if the Jets can beat them in LA... ;)
Rams confirmed PRETENDERS!! :twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
20 Dec 2020 18:37
YoHoChecko wrote:

then Next Week...

a win AND
Sounds good. A little conflicted going into Week 17 with nothing on the line, but we need to secure this #1 seed anyway possible.
I would love to give that game to Love. Maybe let Aaron play first quarter or first TD and pull him, just to let him stay in the game day ritual, then Love time.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
20 Dec 2020 19:56
I would love to give that game to Love. Maybe let Aaron play first quarter or first TD and pull him, just to let him stay in the game day ritual, then Love time.
Except that Tim Boyle would play

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
20 Dec 2020 19:56
NCF wrote:
20 Dec 2020 18:37
YoHoChecko wrote:

then Next Week...

a win AND
You only do that if you think he has a remote possibility of being ready. We don't see that. The coaches would.

But the guy has never been active. So I would say that means he is a no.

Tim Boyle is going to be the guy to take any of those snaps. Tim Boyle has earned it and Tim Boyle is better.

Playing Jordan Love would be a bad move and show so many bad things to the team.
Yoop wrote:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Do we win a 3way tie with Saints and Seahawks?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Plus I want to trade Tim Boyle and so we need to show off the laser show