Packers #1 Seed

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
21 Dec 2020 10:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Dec 2020 09:47
I agree strongly that there is literally no good reason to play Jordan Love. There's no rush to "see what we have" especially since "what we have" isn't a finished product.

The desire to see Love is ONLY based on a notion that the fans want/deserve evidence that their team made a smart draft pick and they deserve that evidence THIS YEAR.

100%, the franchise has much much more to gain by playing Boyle than Love, in that he could become an NFL-ready tradable asset sooner, allowing Love to take the backup job on the active roster next year instead of keeping 3 QBs.

Love will present no trade value for the franchise even if he balls out, because the cost of acquiring him was already a 2020 1st and 4th and we won't recoup that value anytime soon. Boyle cost nothing but time and a roster spot while he developed, and he's a good player with a big arm in a league where no less than 2-3 teams are running a very similar offense and might need enhanced backups with starter upside (49ers, Broncos, and Rams).

If Boyle has a strong showing in a regular season game and then a strong preseason showing next year, you can score a mid-round pick for him.

Love, as I've said since the draft, is not a 2020 story and probably shouldn't be a 2021 story either, unless an injury happens. Putting him in a game for the sake of it accomplishes nothing.
This has turned out to be THEE window of opportunity year for Aaron Rodgers, Bakh, Davante, etc. on offense. I expect nothing less than full-blast go aheads versus both the Titans and Bears in the upcoming weeks ....... at least until the game outcomes are decided. I can't recall the Packers ever resting players ........ Lombardi once put in Anderson and Grabowski at the end of a game after the outcome was decided. They most likely spelled Elijah Pitts and Jimmy Taylor in Super Bowl I ........ can't remember for sure. Also if I remember correctly, Favre never ever came out. Nor did Majik.
How do you think Matt Flynn became the single game leader in GB history with yards and Passing TDs as a Packer?

We rested players.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

[/quote]

How do you think Matt Flynn became the single game leader in GB history with yards and Passing TDs as a Packer?

We rested players.
[/quote]

Guarantee me a full-blast effort and maybe I'd think about it. :rimshot:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we could have rested Rodgers in the 4th Q of several games this season, however it may have come at the expense of personal achievement of the Rodge and DA duo, :lol: however it became a moot point as the defense usually allowed teams to catch back up.

I'd like to play all starters as usual, then when we are secured of a victory start pulling the stars.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

I agree that there's no good reason for Jordan Love to start. He is clearly not ready and starting in a meaningless football game where half our team has checked out can only create harmful mental issues IMO. Probably hurts potential trade value down the road as well if that ever becomes a possibility. Nothing positive can come from it.

I also would prefer for us not to wrap things up this week, because I very strongly believe that this team mentally checking out for three weeks would be dangerous. Even if we play our starters but have the #1 locked up, they know that it means nothing. It's just not quite the same. And I have full confidence that we'll easily take care of the Bears either way.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

For those who like visuals.
image.png
image.png (757.46 KiB) Viewed 246 times
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I really like the fact the Rams lost to the Jets this week. I’m sure they’ll be primed and ready to go blast Seattle to get that bad taste out of their mouth. Nothing gets you focused like getting embarrassed by a winless team.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
21 Dec 2020 10:50
I agree that there's no good reason for Jordan Love to start. He is clearly not ready and starting in a meaningless football game where half our team has checked out can only create harmful mental issues IMO. Probably hurts potential trade value down the road as well if that ever becomes a possibility. Nothing positive can come from it.

I also would prefer for us not to wrap things up this week, because I very strongly believe that this team mentally checking out for three weeks would be dangerous. Even if we play our starters but have the #1 locked up, they know that it means nothing. It's just not quite the same. And I have full confidence that we'll easily take care of the Bears either way.
Coolest heads prevailed and wishes granted!

Enjoy next weekend's games....3 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday.

GO PACK GO!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Was reading a bit on the Seahawks forum today.

One of their posters stated he wasn’t worried about an eventual meeting with Green Bay. He had read a blurb from John Clayton saying the Packers had only 4 wins against seems with a better than .500 record this season.

The Seahawks have only beaten two. :dunno:

I think he needs another iced, half caff, ristretto, venti, 4-Pump, sugar free, cinnamon, dolce, soy skinny latte to get his head right...

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
04 Jan 2021 19:14
One of their posters stated he wasn’t worried about an eventual meeting with Green Bay.
He's blissfully unaware of Wilson's record at Lambeau. Wilson has completed 55 of 96 passes for 604 yards with 3 TDs and six INTs at Lambeau Field. His passer rating at Lambeau Field is 60.4

If ignorance is bliss, then that's one blissful fan.
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
04 Jan 2021 19:14
Was reading a bit on the Seahawks forum today.

One of their posters stated he wasn’t worried about an eventual meeting with Green Bay. He had read a blurb from John Clayton saying the Packers had only 4 wins against seems with a better than .500 record this season.

The Seahawks have only beaten two. :dunno:

I think he needs another iced, half caff, ristretto, venti, 4-Pump, sugar free, cinnamon, dolce, soy skinny latte to get his head right...
Hahaha. By far one of the dumbest stats people bring up is "opponent poor record" or "this good team hardly has many wins vs other teams with good records"

....meanwhile X team that has a lot of losses lost to more teams with good records.

Those are so dumb because when teams with a good record beat another team...that other team will obviously have a worse record.

Honestly 6 games against 2020 playoff teams is impressive. 4-2 against those teams aren't bad.

But come on Hawks fans. You are in the NFC West division. The divison that played the horrendously bad NFC East and a lesser extent AFC East division this year. If anyone is getting cupcake games...its you guys.
Yoop wrote: