General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Dec 2020 16:31
We signed a kicker to the PS and released a center. I have to believe it means Kinsley is close.
Yeah my hope was he could come back as early as this week.

Would be nice to get the Oline playing together again at their regular spots.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
22 Dec 2020 18:00
Agree 100 %
Perfect timing to get in sync and finish the reg season on a 6-0 streak

IT IS TIME
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
22 Dec 2020 18:00
Yeah my hope was he could come back as early as this week.

Do we have regular spots? We've had at least 11 different lineups and I think 7 different starting ones.

I get what you mean, but I also still don't know if our regular lineup puts Wagner back on the bench and Turner back out at tackle? Does moving Patrick from left back to right help him? What happened to Runyan?

For the Eagles game they explained that Turner had persona experience against Fletcher Cox and they didn't want to leave less experienced Patrick and Runyan on an all pro. But then they kept that for the Panthers.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Linsley, Turner, Wagner.

The best offensive line in football!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Dec 2020 20:07
Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Linsley, Turner, Wagner.

The best offensive line in football!
I sure hope they're ready to go on Sunday. We'll need to run the ball, possess the ball, and light up the airwaves ......... all night long.

Let's JUST DO IT!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

At least he wasn't a 1st rounder.
RIP JustJeff

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

paco wrote:
23 Dec 2020 11:57
Ouch, And I really liked him coming out of Iowa.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Christo wrote:
23 Dec 2020 12:32
paco wrote:
23 Dec 2020 11:57
Ouch, And I really liked him coming out of Iowa.
I wanted Oliver more. Probably would have been better to go with Oliver but man it was certainly sexy watching his ball skills at Iowa.

Really feel for the guy because he seems to have everything you want in a player to be successful.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

CB gunna be a real need this offseason.

Might need a day one or two draft pick and a vet who ideally isn't horrible, for cheap.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
23 Dec 2020 13:14

Might need a day one or two draft pick and a vet who ideally isn't horrible, for cheap.
fo sure, what about King? we need a replacement for him to, the guy is so hot and cold, maybe it's a injury issue, if so he's had it for 3 years, it's terminal :lol:

never saw in Jackson what others have, in fact always felt he was over drafted, but the need was there, so we took a shot, time to roll the dice again.

if Barnes and Martin shine we can afford to double dip at CB since we wont need to draft a lber :clap:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:

We need some reinforcements, yes, but I don't think that necessarily needs to come from the top of The Draft. I think we can find guys in the mids, especially to push Sullivan. We do have a temporary band-aid in place with Jackson/Hollman if King walks. Don't need a pick to start Day 1.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jackson has been a healthy scratch 2 of the last 3 weeks. Doesn't sound like someone we'd be comfortable starting next year.

Ka'Dar Hollman has really shown nothing.

Sullivan is already a starter, so he really wouldn't be filling an open spot.

I think CB's get paid so huge, kind of like LT, because it is a position where you can't afford to have a liability. You really can't cover or hide bad CB's or LT's like you can at other positions.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
23 Dec 2020 13:55
BF004 wrote:

fo sure, what about King? we need a replacement for him to, the guy is so hot and cold, maybe it's a injury issue, if so he's had it for 3 years, it's terminal :lol:

never saw in Jackson what others have, in fact always felt he was over drafted, but the need was there, so we took a shot, time to roll the dice again.

if Barnes and Martin shine we can afford to double dip at CB since we wont need to draft a lber :clap:
I've never been a Jackson fan either, low expectations for him starting next year, but King gunna be an FA and I'd peg him behind Jones and Linsley in resign priority.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
23 Dec 2020 14:07
Doesn't sound like someone we'd be comfortable starting next year.
Literally says like five posts up that Jackson isn't active because of ST. I'm not saying it's a solve, I'm saying it's an option and I'm saying you don't need to solve the position with high picks only.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
Jackson has been a healthy scratch 2 of the last 3 weeks. Doesn't sound like someone we'd be comfortable starting next year.

I think CB's get paid so huge, kind of like LT, because it is a position where you can't afford to have a liability. You really can't cover or hide bad CB's or LT's like you can at other positions.
I don't know. This forum has done a good job explaining away it's impossible to hide any position of weakness. Need more blues!! :lol:

But I agree that we need CB likely in the first two picks and a cheap vet would be a good idea too on a 1 year deal. They will likely be available.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
He has almost been as bad as King in the last month. Not saying he needs to be replaced, but again, need depth if it eventually comes to that. Felt much better about Sullivan 30 days ago.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
23 Dec 2020 14:09
BF004 wrote:

I don't know. This forum has done a good job explaining away it's impossible to hide any position of weakness. Need more blues!! :lol:

But I agree that we need CB likely in the first two picks and a cheap vet would be a good idea too on a 1 year deal. They will likely be available.
Didn't we have a game without King and Alexander and didn't we have a stretch where either King or Alexander were out for a couple games on either side of that and didn't Jackson and Hollman actually do pretty well in that/those games?

I'm not saying we don't need CB reinforcements (top 3 pick in all three of my mocks), but I think we have actual small-sample evidence of what the team looks like without our starters and it wasn't great but it also wasn't a disaster.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Dec 2020 14:49
go pak go wrote:
23 Dec 2020 14:09
BF004 wrote:

Didn't we have a game without King and Alexander and didn't we have a stretch where either King or Alexander were out for a couple games on either side of that and didn't Jackson and Hollman actually do pretty well in that/those games?

I'm not saying we don't need CB reinforcements (top 3 pick in all three of my mocks), but I think we have actual small-sample evidence of what the team looks like without our starters and it wasn't great but it also wasn't a disaster.
I agree it was not. I also think a game vs the beat up 49ers, who had no WRs, is a different story but I agree.

I also guarantee you there will be lamenting of our lack of CB depth next year. Because that's just what Packers fans do.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I feel like the role of coaches gets overlooked w/r/t draft picks, not only for the task of coaching the player, but also in guiding the GM's pick-making.

So I don't know who to blame for Jackson not panning out. Gute made the pick, but I can't imagine he did without Pettine's express approval, if not a solid assurance that, yes, this guy is a better fit for us than the other guys on the board and he will pan out in our defense. And by all accounts, Jackson works hard at it, so it's not that.

I wonder what you do with him at this point: give him another year strictly at the boundary corner and hope that it 'clicks' -or- abandon that and move him to a Safety position where he may be a better fit, but have no real need for?

CB definitely is a top need next year, even if we bring back King (which I do want, within reason).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

BF004 wrote:

Don't know anything about Hollman, and the truth is, as long as Pettine is there, we'll never know. The guy just doesn't play guys enough to find out if they're any good or not. People can say what they want about putting the best players on the field and all that. But practicing great does not translate to playing great. But Pettine has kept Kirksey in the starter roll a bit too long. It's been pretty obvious for the past few weeks he's not the guy for the job. yet, Pettine puts him out there and sits Martin and Barnes who have been making plays. Yes, I know, Barnes was wearing the green dot last week. But damn, it took until week 15 to figure that out?

I'm beginning to feel the same way about AJ Dillon. When are the coaches give him a few snaps? The guy gets one carry for 18 yards and they put him on the bench for the rest of the game???