Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
18 Apr 2020 10:57
Possible 4th comp if worth anything.
I doubt it. Betting it's minimum or close.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
17 Apr 2020 18:24
Bears also released Trey Burton. If he'll come cheap, he's a worthy guy to sign. Would be a solid pairing with Sternberger.
Yo, the more I think about this the more I think it's a no-brainer. His 2018 wasn't so bad, and he's the exact kind of TE I've been wanting... a squattier guy who is an excellent blocker and can still create in the passing game. Like a modified version of our own Kyle Juszczyk; or a poor man's Delanie Walker (I know Walker is available but he's ancient).

Maybe as a TE1, he's not going to be the guy, but as a role player paired with our more traditional TEs Sterny or Tonyan, or a guy you can play in a 3 TE set with Marcedes Lewis in there for goalline/blocking assignments...

PFF had him graded very highly for run blocking and for red zone play in both 2017 and 2018. This ir really the kind of versatile role player that helps make an offense like ours click even better. I'm mad it's taken a day to make the deal, even. :lol:

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

His potential is there, no doubt. It’s just the fact that he will quit on the team in pressure situations because of anxiety. Reliability is something that is important.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Gunzaan wrote:
18 Apr 2020 19:08
His potential is there, no doubt. It’s just the fact that he will quit on the team in pressure situations because of anxiety. Reliability is something that is important.
Even if that was a factor, that can be fixed/handled/helped. And wouldn't you be more anxious with Trubisky as your QB than you would Rodgers? I think its a no-brainer as well. If the price is right, sign him.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

He found GOD :thwap:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ok, Guuz, you've stated your one point three times now. We are aware of it, and we still are interested in signing this versatile role player who fits what we do on a discount without impacting comp picks.

Besides, the team hired a fulltime sports psychologist this offseason, so the way I see it., we're easily prepared to deal with mental health issues, even if we set aside the fact that both articles you posted indicated heavily that his anxiety is known, managed, and was not the reason to miss the game--only that those questions were fair; and the groin injury was confirmed by medical tests.

So, we can drop that issue, note your objection, and move on

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

eh, $%@# it, not worth challenging the clique around here
Last edited by Gunzaan on 18 Apr 2020 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Gunzaan wrote:
18 Apr 2020 21:02
And you’ve stated your opinion twice now. Does that make you feel better?

I stated my opinion twice and then had a third post with some links to articles with him talking about his anxiety - which is a point that was contested by another poster and pretty pertinent to the subject.

My gawd, if you aren’t in lock step with the group think around these parts then you’re called out. What a bunch of weak minded sissies who can’t take a different opinion. It’s not like there is too many posts here that you can’t keep track of them all. Just a bunch of 80 year old men bitching about nothing.
I'm not even 40 yet (for a few months)
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, tough to buy that he went AWOL in the playoffs due to anxiety when the guy has played a pretty key/contributing role for his team in the SuperBowl.

Maybe it was part of something, but I doubt it was the whole thing.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
18 Apr 2020 22:22
Gunzaan wrote:

I stated my opinion twice and then had a third post with some links to articles with him talking about his anxiety - which is a point that was contested by another poster and pretty pertinent to the subject.

My gawd, if you aren’t in lock step with the group think around these parts then you’re called out. What a bunch of weak minded sissies who can’t take a different opinion. It’s not like there is too many posts here that you can’t keep track of them all. Just a bunch of 80 year old men bitching about nothing.
You're just a kid. :favre:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
18 Apr 2020 22:22
Gunzaan wrote:

just imagine that, we question a persons opinion, and since he continues with same opinion we tend to disagree a 2nd time, then he brings a couple articles that tend to support our opinion and not his, and he storms out the door calling everyone names, well it seems Gunzan this will be the 2nd time you left calling everyone names because no one would agree with you.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Let's just get back to the topic. Gunzaan has his opinion and there is plenty to suggest he's right and plenty to suggest it was only a small contributing factor, if not wholly irrelevant. Also, if there is a clique, YoHo and I are not allowed to be on the side. I don't think there is anyone that I have argued with more on this board than him, yet it's always been civil and respectful, so let's proceed with that in mind.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
19 Apr 2020 07:43
Let's just get back to the topic. Gunzaan has his opinion and there is plenty to suggest he's right and plenty to suggest it was only a small contributing factor, if not wholly irrelevant. Also, if there is a clique, YoHo and I are not allowed to be on the side. I don't think there is anyone that I have argued with more on this board than him, yet it's always been civil and respectful, so let's proceed with that in mind.
there is a opinionated article from some chi town beat reporter that used a out of context comment Burton expressed being depressed with his performance in a previous game, toooo he sat out a game over that depression, versus the much more logical reason, the groin injury.

It would be nice to stop the conspiracy theory's both here and in the other part of this forum, all it does is distract from reality, derail the convo, but then thats what conspiracy theory's are designed to do, and thats why people bring them, but all they do is create anomosity.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
19 Apr 2020 08:25
NCF wrote:
there is a opinionated article from some chi town beat reporter that used a out of context comment Burton expressed being depressed with his performance in a previous game, toooo he sat out a game over that depression, versus the much more logical reason, the groin injury.

It would be nice to stop the conspiracy theory's both here and in the other part of this forum, all it does is distract from reality, derail the convo, but then thats what conspiracy theory's are designed to do, and thats why people bring them, but all they do is create anomosity.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
19 Apr 2020 08:38
Yoop wrote:
19 Apr 2020 08:25
NCF wrote:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony
Last edited by Yoop on 19 Apr 2020 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So at this point, iI'm guessing Cam and Jamies don't sign until after the draft. Pretty wild that they're still out there.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Apr 2020 10:27
So at this point, iI'm guessing Cam and Jamies don't sign until after the draft. Pretty wild that they're still out there.
Clowney too.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
19 Apr 2020 11:15
I miss Brandon Jackson
RIP JustJeff