Titans @ Packers - SNF GDT - 12/27 7:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Dec 2020 23:13
Remember when we held Barry Sanders to -1 yards? Here we come Derrick Henry!
That's the spirit! We can do this.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Dec 2020 17:15
I think it is a blessing that Williams is out. It will require LaFleur to use Jones more. With the Titans having a pretty putrid pass rush this will be to our advantage. It may even allow use to get Jones back into the passing game. I want to see wheel routes!
It might even make MLF use Dillon Sunday night too.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Lots of snow here in Kalamazoo. I assume the other side of the lake has snow too.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
24 Dec 2020 13:07
go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 12:35
playing Christian Kirksey when Kamal Martin and Krys Barnes are clearly better.
I know what I would do and that would be live and die by Barnes and Martin, but a nice discussion of where Kirksey fits in as the "safe play".

You have a point. But there’s clearly another factor. (This is the economics of professional football.) The Packers PAY Kirksey to be starter. Therefore, if there isn’t another very compelling reason (i.e. injury, discipline, etc.), Kirksey will almost surely start and get the majority of the snaps.

That’s sort of a general rule of pro football. When you PAY a guy, you generally live and die by the guy until contract makes it feasible to release them while suffering as little as possible.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Dec 2020 01:48
NCF wrote:
24 Dec 2020 13:07
go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 12:35
playing Christian Kirksey when Kamal Martin and Krys Barnes are clearly better.
I know what I would do and that would be live and die by Barnes and Martin, but a nice discussion of where Kirksey fits in as the "safe play".

You have a point. But there’s clearly another factor. (This is the economics of professional football.) The Packers PAY Kirksey to be starter. Therefore, if there isn’t another very compelling reason (i.e. injury, discipline, etc.), Kirksey will almost surely start and get the majority of the snaps.

That’s sort of a general rule of pro football. When you PAY a guy, you generally live and die by the guy until contract makes it feasible to release them while suffering as little as possible.
Then the Eagles don't follow that general rule.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Dec 2020 23:13
Remember when we held Barry Sanders to -1 yards? Here we come Derrick Henry!
Packerville would spin straight off its axis if that happened.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
25 Dec 2020 15:32
Lots of snow here in Kalamazoo. I assume the other side of the lake has snow too.
I'm on my couch looking at this side of the lake - not a flake, mostly sunny skies.

Prevailing westerlies gives you the snow (and warmer water and nicer beaches :) )

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

What's the weather forecast for game time?

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

packman114 wrote:
26 Dec 2020 11:34
What's the weather forecast for game time?
Snow and 30
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

It will be great to have Linsley back at center tomorrow nite. :)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Packers are 1-2 vs teams over .500. (beat the Saints and lost to the Bucs and Colts)

The Packers are actually though 2-2 when playing teams over .500 if you exclude their game vs the Packers by beating the Bears. (I always hate when they do that. Because the teams you beat will always an inherently worse record)

The Packers have a chance to have a big win over a playoff caliber team tomorrow night and week 17.

Let's do this Packers. The nation once again isn't buying you. Prove em wrong.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Fresh Beef for Sunday, signed on 12/16

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/for ... tice-squad

The Green Bay Packers welcomed back a somewhat familiar face on Tuesday by signing defensive lineman Brian Price to the practice squad.
Price (6-3, 322), a third-year player out of the University of Texas-San Antonio, went undrafted in 2016
In 22 games, he’s recorded 20 tackles.

“Brian is a high-energy guy, much like myself,” former Packers defensive tackle Mike Daniels said back in September 2016. “I look forward to seeing him whenever he gets his name called because he's a guy that's always talking about giving maximum effort, and he does, no matter what he's doing. So, that's going to be good. It's going to be nice to see him frustrate some offensive linemen, just by being a pest.”
IT. IS. TIME

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
23 Dec 2020 11:58
Titans haven't had a sack since the end of November. Let's keep it that way.
Getting Cory back will help keep it that way.

If you listen/read all the "experts" predicting this game they almost all say the Titans are going to run all over us. TN has an explosive offense but none of them talk about how bad the Titans defense is. I hope the guys win just to shut up all of these so-called "experts". :-|

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (66.65 KiB) Viewed 374 times

Snow bowl tonight.

Yet again our home game at lambeau is crappy conditions and yet again we likely do better with good weather.

Pretty cool 5 of our 6 final games are outdoors in the cold. Even if we aren’t a property built cold weather team, we are definitely getting our practice in.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
27 Dec 2020 08:04
paco wrote:

If you listen/read all the "experts" predicting this game they almost all say the Titans are going to run all over us. TN has an explosive offense but none of them talk about how bad the Titans defense is. I hope the guys win just to shut up all of these so-called "experts". :-|
I don't blame them for picking Tennessee.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pugger wrote:
paco wrote:

Yeah, gotta admit I haven’t seen that anywhere. https://www.espn.com/nfl/picks We are 3 points favorites, I think we are getting ample support.

And that would literally be like my least important reason for wanting to win.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2020 08:07
Pugger wrote:
paco wrote:

Only about a third are picking the Titans. https://nflpickwatch.com/
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Dec 2020 08:55
go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2020 08:07
Pugger wrote:

Only about a third are picking the Titans. https://nflpickwatch.com/
I guess I only watched the third then.

I watched Florio/Simms and the NFL Network and all said Titans.

Andy Herman is also saying Titans.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

National media isn't down on the Packers. Packers beat writers are though... :bkw:

It surprises you that PFT is down on the Packers?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I could care less who picks who. Means nothing. This a pretty even match up with our d better. Weather might not favor us a ton but we should be motivated for this challenge. I mean this titan team has lost before. Ibdont get the great fear. They have a really good offense. An efficient Packer attack should be able to neutralize that

Pack by 7