Titans @ Packers - SNF GDT - 12/27 7:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

German_Panzer wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:21
salmar80 wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:15
Naah, not the shoes.
Didn't u also have the impression - especially at the start - that the footing for the Titians was a bit off while we looked as if we run with superspikes on our shoes?

p.s. "Shoes" sounds somehow wrong here, is "boots" a better word for what they wear in the NFL?
No! I get the impression the the best team in the NFL dominated the supposed beat offense in the NFL! Stop making bum ass excuses!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:25
I genuinely don't think even Jaire could cover Davante in the snow. The SNF crew dedicating a cameraman to his feet the whole game was an incredible choice!
I imagine the pitch meeting for that was interesting. "You want to do what? His feet?!"
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:25
I genuinely don't think even Jaire could cover Davante in the snow. The SNF crew dedicating a cameraman to his feet the whole game was an incredible choice!
and nary a comment concerning Devonte going sockless once :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I guarantee we will overtake the #1 spot in some rando power rankings to get clicks this week.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Nagler: "The fact that the Packers can have their starting right tackle go down and I don't worry about it is absolutely nuts."

So true

P.S. Props to Linsley for picking up right where he left off
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:27
German_Panzer wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:15
Naah, not the shoes.
Didn't u also have the impression - especially at the start - that the footing for the Titians was a bit off while we looked as if we run with superspikes on our shoes?

p.s. "Shoes" sounds somehow wrong here, is "boots" a better word for what they wear in the NFL?
No! I get the impression the the best team in the NFL dominated the supposed beat offense in the NFL! Stop making bum ass excuses!!
I mean there is absolute validity in talking about the footing. It's a home field advantage we have just like the Seahawks or Vikings have with crowd noise at their home field. Their home field makes their team perform better than they actually are.

But here is the thing. We should be HAPPY we thrived in these conditions.

Wasn't there talk that GB would be better served to play on the road in a dome in the playoffs because we are soft?

Tonight honestly with the conditions as they were, everyone pregame could see Henry just thriving and instead it was our version of Henry thriving. We were physical. We played well in the cold and we showed we love playing at Lambeau in December and Janaury. Something we didn't do vs MN and JAX.

So yeah. Maybe we did have better footing and handled the conditions better. But after the Titans "adjusted" we still handed it to them.

We did exactly what we wanted to do for a team built for the cold. It was awesome.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I will say in defense to TN that the offsides and missed Jones out of bounds was absolutely a break for us.

Though to be fair, the Titans still scored on that blocked kick drive and the Titans had every chance to throw that challenge.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

No show for Rush. I wonder what it is.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pretty cool photo!
_
image.png
image.png (2.33 MiB) Viewed 389 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:35
I guarantee we will overtake the #1 spot in some rando power rankings to get clicks this week.
#TruthHurts

#FactsMatter

#Tonyan>Kelce

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:42
Tonight honestly with the conditions as they were, everyone pregame could see Henry just thriving and instead it was our version of Henry thriving. We were physical. We played well in the cold and we showed we love playing at Lambeau in December and Janaury. Something we didn't do vs MN and JAX.
This was by far my favorite thing about the night. I tuned in a little early and the pre-game coverage was pressing that Henry storyline so hard, and not without reason; that's not a complaint. But having that buildup for Henry be totally embodied by our team and our rookie directly compared to Henry by so many.... it was perfection

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:27
German_Panzer wrote:

I mean there is absolute validity in talking about the footing. It's a home field advantage we have just like the Seahawks or Vikings have with crowd noise at their home field. Their home field makes their team perform better than they actually are.

But here is the thing. We should be HAPPY we thrived in these conditions.

Wasn't there talk that GB would be better served to play on the road in a dome in the playoffs because we are soft?

So yeah. Maybe we did have better footing and handled the conditions better. But after the Titans "adjusted" we still handed it to them.

We did exactly what we wanted to do for a team built for the cold. It was awesome.
Can you imagine what Dillon will be like once he learns how to manage the Lambeau leap, look out NFL :thwap: :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, this is like all exactly what we wanted this time of year.

Finding ways to win, get the bye and home playoff game, right in reach.

Defense start putting it together. They’ve had some really good parts the past few months, finally starting to put together complete games. All in stats, points, turnovers, results. This d has been above average the past month, if not good. Getting better at the right time.

Start getting the running game and particularly AJ Dillon going down the stretch.

I mean we lost to SF last year because of their D and run game. If we have a D and a run game and MVP freaking Aaron Rodgers, my Gawd. Let’s $%@# go!!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

We entered the game 3rd in points scored compared to the Titans' first....

We exited the game first in points scored to the Titans' third

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Also what this game does it gives us some hope for a SB vs. KC. I mean before that win I'd have been VERY worried about our ability for even an outside winning shot. After today it looks at least very well possible.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

German_Panzer wrote:
27 Dec 2020 23:34
Also what this game does it gives us some hope for a SB vs. KC. I mean before that win I'd have been VERY worried about our ability for even an outside winning shot. After today it looks at least very well possible.
If Atlanta's kicker hadn't missed an easy FG, KC could've lost in OT today; they're just as beatable as any other team
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
27 Dec 2020 23:51
German_Panzer wrote:
27 Dec 2020 23:34
If Atlanta's kicker hadn't missed an easy FG, KC could've lost in OT today; they're just as beatable as any other team
Or if they caught that INT right before KC scored the go ahead td.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

williewasgreat wrote:
27 Dec 2020 21:09
German_Panzer wrote:
27 Dec 2020 21:06
go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2020 21:03
Or you know. If we win tonight and the Seahawks lose to the 49ers we are still the 1 seed.
A win next week @CHI and we are #1 no matter what, right? Right? Right? I mean that's a no brainer - pull Rodgers, Adams and any key player. Next week is our playoff-like game. Any hook in this thinking? I don't get it....
If the Packers, Saints and Seahawks all end up 12-4, the Seahawks get the #1 seed according to the pregame guys.
I heard them say this too. What is the reason for this?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:00
Dillon's huge thighs are a detriment to the Leap :messedup: :lol:
:chuckle: