General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

It's probably crazy to talk like this now. But if Davante plays like he is for the next 5 years or so. He could eclipse James Lofton's receiving totals. If he plays into his late 30's, he may very well get there anyway. Obviously a lot can happen. But it could happen.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ok, so through 16 weeks

The Packers are:
3rd in offensive yards per game and 1st in points scored
- 8th in rushing yards per game
- 9th in passing yards per game

7th in defensive yards per game and 15th in points allowed
- 7th in passing yards per game
- 14th in rushing yards per game

7th in Turnover Differential at +6
- 1st in fewest giveaways
- 27th in takeaways

Odds and Ends:
- 2nd in 3rd down conversion rate (49.3)
- 12th in 3rd down defensive stop rate (39.4)
- 9th in most team sacks
- 2nd in fewest sacks allowed
- 3rd in point differential (+121)
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 28 Dec 2020 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
28 Dec 2020 09:35
Also, I am calling that there will be fans in January for Packer football.
Has the NFL given any indication they would step in if individual teams began allowing fans - and I'm talking significant numbers, not just the complimentary employees and select first responders, etc - into their stadiums? I'm talking from a competitive advantage standpoint...?

I just wonder if the NFL would be willing to stick their noses in when some venues are still not allowing any fans while others continue to inch toward significant fan presence. I could see teams like Seattle and New Orleans having a hissy if they were forced to continue to play their games in front of empty seats and then come to Lambeau and face the Packers with half the stadium filled with screaming fans.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2020 10:10
Has the NFL given any indication they would step in if individual teams began allowing fans - and I'm talking significant numbers, not just the complimentary employees and select first responders, etc - into their stadiums? I'm talking from a competitive advantage standpoint...?

I just wonder if the NFL would be willing to stick their noses in when some venues are still not allowing any fans while others continue to inch toward significant fan presence. I could see teams like Seattle and New Orleans having a hissy if they were forced to continue to play their games in front of empty seats and then come to Lambeau and face the Packers with half the stadium filled with screaming fans.
I mean Dallas has had two games with about 30,000 people there.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Dec 2020 10:14
APB wrote:

Have they? I didn't realize they were allowing that many to attend. Guess that answers that question.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2020 10:16
Have they? I didn't realize they were allowing that many to attend. Guess that answers that question.
Yeah, I was stuck with Philly-Dallas for my local broadcast and the announcers casually mentioned that they had the 2020 attendance record earlier in the season (in between waves), and that yesterday they had the second-highest number of fans allowed on the season. That's the only reason I know.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Davante Adams
  • leads the league in TD receptions with 17
  • is 2 catches behind the league lead with 109
  • is 88 yards behind the league lead with 1328
  • missed two games
Aaron Jones
  • is 4th in the league in rushing yards
  • ALSO missed two games!
  • Jones is also first among RBs in yards per carry at 5.6

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

They haven't done anything yet, don't see why that would change.

Pretty sure the last thing they want to do right now is tell 15,000 fans paying $200 a piece for ticket, parking, and concessions not to come to a game.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Dec 2020 10:32
Davante Adams
  • missed two games
Aaron Jones
  • ALSO missed two games!
To add to the Adams numbers. He'll get 1 for sure, very likely 2. Yardage might be tough.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also, if the Chiefs rest Kelce, there's a good chance Adams will lead the league in receiving yards.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Dec 2020 11:05
Also, if the Chiefs rest Kelce, there's a good chance Adams will lead the league in receiving yards.
the OPOY race is insane. I have no idea who will win it at this point. Adams, Kelce, Kamara, Cook, Henry, Hill. And that's not even taking QB's into account.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHo's Hot Take:
  • The Chiefs are the team Packers fans think they're chasing
  • The Titans are the team Packers fans fear we are
  • We're actually a better version of both of them

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Certainly noticed, although didn't realize it was clustered to 4 out of the last 5 weeks.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I noticed this game, but I figured it was that he's a speed guy and speed doesn't really play in the snow, so having a bigger, stronger, better blocker like EQ in there made sense

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Dec 2020 12:10
I noticed this game, but I figured it was that he's a speed guy and speed doesn't really play in the snow, so having a bigger, stronger, better blocker like EQ in there made sense
was MVS a scratch? I thought he blocked pretty well???? actually of the 3 (MVS EQ, Lazard) I'd take Lazard over the other two, he had a couple great blocks last night.

seems to me as though there must be something wrong with MVS besides the issue of dropping a few passes.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2020 10:16
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Dec 2020 10:14
APB wrote:

It's Texas :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2020 12:30
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Dec 2020 12:10
was MVS a scratch? I thought he blocked pretty well???? actually of the 3 (MVS EQ, Lazard) I'd take Lazard over the other two, he had a couple great blocks last night.

seems to me as though there must be something wrong with MVS besides the issue of dropping a few passes.
MVS gives full blocking effort, certainly. And yes, Lazard is the best blocker of the bunch, and he was in the game a lot. But I just figured on a field where deep speed doesn't matter, they went beefier. EQ has like 10-15 pounds on MVS and doesn't sacrifice much in the short-to-intermediate game. Just seemed reasonably situational to me, especially given how good MVS was 2 weeks ago.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

APB wrote:
BF004 wrote:
28 Dec 2020 09:35
Also, I am calling that there will be fans in January for Packer football.

NFL has had observers at Lambeau for the games with people in the stands. If we've managed safe protocols (pretty sure we have) the league should be OK with a reasonable number of fans. What is reasonable? Who knows?

Anyway, that was the motivation behind trial runs with employees and front-liners.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

paco wrote:
28 Dec 2020 11:03
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Dec 2020 10:32
Davante Adams
  • missed two games
Aaron Jones
  • ALSO missed two games!
To add to the Adams numbers. He'll get 1 for sure, very likely 2. Yardage might be tough.
4. Davante Adams joins a pair of Hall of Famers in exclusive club
Davante Adams hauled in 11 receptions and three touchdowns in the Packers' win over the Titans on Sunday night. Despite missing two games in 2020, Adams has 109 receptions and 17 receiving touchdowns this season. Only two other players have had 100-plus receptions and at least 17 receiving touchdowns in a single season. Both are Hall of Famers who played all 16 games in the season they did so -- Cris Carter in 1995 and Randy Moss in 2003.

5. Aaron Rodgers has 13th game with 100-plus passer rating
Aaron Rodgers had four TD passes and a 128.1 passer rating in the Packers' win on Sunday Night Football. Rodgers has 13 games with a 100-plus passer rating in 2020, tied for the most such games in a single season in the Super Bowl era. Each of the two previous QBs with 13 such games in a season -- Patrick Mahomes in 2018 and Rodgers himself in 2011 -- both won the NFL MVP Award that season.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff