General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I keep forgetting we have him.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Bogey wrote:
28 Dec 2020 14:29

To add to the Adams numbers. He'll get 1 for sure, very likely 2. Yardage might be tough.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Just think if he would have played 16 games instead of 14.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Hoestly, I hope he catches 2 TDs in the first Q because I don't want to watch Rodgers force the ball for records for longer than that

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I haven't been watching Pat McAfee the past few weeks but this week it had AJ Dillon on early and the Aaron Rodgers segment on later and both were incredibly fun listens. Dillon was very comfortable with the interview; didn't seem super nervous or starstruck; was able to joke around with the guys like he was a regular on the show. I enjoyed it.

Here's the Rodgers Segment:

The Dillon one doesn't appear to be clipped and accessible that way, so just check it out around an hour into the whole episode.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

This is feeling like our year. Still a long way away from that and a lot of work to do, but it has been a while since it felt like this. There is no obvious bad matchup for us waiting for us in the playoffs like in so many previous years. I mean maybe WFT has that type of defense, but that whole team is pretty subpar overall that they would likely have a tough time scoring on us at all. I do not think TB is the style of team that beats us consistently, but they could win. Saints could win, Seahawks could win. I guess Rams could win. But every year since 2011, there was an obvious team who could beat us and that team often did end up beating us in the playoffs. Even KC, although tough, is someone who does not scare me as much as the 2019 49ers or 2014 Seahawks or the 2012 49ers or even the 2016 Falcons. Bills could, but I just don't think anyone besides KC is getting out of the AFC.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'm with [mention]texas[/mention] on "that feel" and potential playoff opponents. There doesn't seem to be a single NFC opponent where I wouldn't favor the Packers head-to-head. Couple that with likely playing at Lambeau and I like our chances even better. Matter of fact, I'd love to see Brady and the Bucs roll into Lambeau mid-January to right the mid-season wrong on the Packer regular season. That game was an aberration, a planets-aligning type event that I wouldn't foresee happening again.

Now, that's not to say nobody in the NFC is capable of beating the Packers, just that GB would need to have an off week while said opponent played their A game.

Jumping waaaaay ahead, I'd be intrigued with a SB matchup against either KC or Buffalo. I think those two teams present the greatest challenge for GB. Anybody else and I'd expect the Packers to be heavy favorites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

right from the start of the season this team seemed like it could be un beatable, then the defense struggled, and now it appears to be gelling just in time for the playoffs, I think many of us felt if the defense improved we could play up to the challenge of any opponent.

on other news this has been a tough year for past players, coaches and fo personal, 16 have went to be with our Lord.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/202 ... 025610001/

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
30 Dec 2020 08:01
right from the start of the season this team seemed like it could be un beatable, then the defense struggled, and now it appears to be gelling just in time for the playoffs, I think many of us felt if the defense improved we could play up to the challenge of any opponent.

on other news this has been a tough year for past players, coaches and fo personal, 16 have went to be with our Lord.

Thanks for posting the jsonline story Yooper. So sorry to hear the sad news about Tootie Robbins.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Packfntk wrote:
29 Dec 2020 13:53
Player of the Year on the Packers D IMHO. Jaire should make first team All-Pro along with Corey Linsley, Davante Adams and Aaron Rodgers.

Maybe even Z, Bakh and Elgton .......... but I doubt it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Dec 2020 08:21
Yoop wrote:

Thanks for posting the jsonline story Yooper. So sorry to hear the sad news about Tootie Robbins.
Ya, first I'd heard of Robbins dying too, and of covid as well, so young at only 62 yrs.

so many news sites now have a pay wall, ya only get a couple articles unless you join, I decided to try a 6 month trial membership, it'll get me through the football season, then i'll probably cancel ;)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Dec 2020 08:58
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Dec 2020 08:21
Yoop wrote:

Ya, first I'd heard of Robbins dying too, and of covid as well, so young at only 62 yrs.

so many news sites now have a pay wall, ya only get a couple articles unless you join, I decided to try a 6 month trial membership, it'll get me through the football season, then i'll probably cancel ;)
Incognito browsing has more than one use. ;)

If that wasn't clear, in pretty much any browser, you can go into a 'private browsing session', 'incognito mode', etc. where you won't use any cookies or saved site data, nor will it save anything. You can view unlimited articles then at places like jsonline.

You can also just manually go into your cookies and search jsonline and delete them all, and it will reset your 5 article per month limit.
image.png
image.png (60.9 KiB) Viewed 2753 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:

Also, thanks for sharing this.

Seeing Tootie on there, and recently guys like Kevin Greene, obviously Reggie already, kind of crazy that we are already getting near that age where those 90's Super Bowl teams are going to start having more and more names start popping up.

Father time remains undefeated.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Trudge wrote:
29 Dec 2020 14:09
I keep forgetting we have him.
That's because our opponents don't pass in his direction. 8-)

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Looks like Snacks is now a Packer

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Awarded, but he won't sign.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 16:25
Awarded, but he won't sign.
Doesn't need to sign. We inherit his contract. He can play or he can sit.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

And I would call this promising.

image.png
image.png (548.28 KiB) Viewed 2713 times

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This feeling! This is what the Packers are. This is what the Packers can be. This is why I, and others were excited for this team even when they went 3-3 at one point after the bye. There is so much young talent on this team and a pretty damn good coach to get it out of them. We hit some injuries in the middle of the season with some motivations issues, but the talent and coaching is there. This team can rival 2014 for the best team in the last 10 years. There wasn't a team that 2014 could not beat. There isn't a team that 2020 can't beat. That does not mean we are a show in for the Lombardi, it just means this IS a very good team. This is a ride that many of us have been saying we all should enjoy. ENJOY IT!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."