Packers awarded Snacks Harrison on waivers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Packers awarded Snacks Harrison on waivers

Post by NCF »

Sounds like he is amenable.

image.png
image.png (548.28 KiB) Viewed 438 times

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

the cash part will be interesting.
His contract covers the regular season, but I'm not sure if he'll be available on Sunday. After that, playoff cash is dictated by league and its fairly anemic vs what these guys make on a regular deal
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Players will receive the following amounts for the 2019 season's playoffs.

Wild Card Round
Division Winners: $31,000
Other Wild Cards: $28,000

Divisional Playoff Game: $31,000
Conference Championship Game: $56,000

Super Bowl
Winning Team: $124,000
Losing Team: $62,000
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
30 Dec 2020 16:53
the cash part will be interesting.
His contract covers the regular season, but I'm not sure if he'll be available on Sunday. After that, playoff cash is dictated by league and its fairly anemic vs what these guys make on a regular deal
interesting point.

Well, let's see how this goes. Can't hurt. May or may not help. Virtually zero risk aside from the possibility of a little drama.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Please be our 2020 Howard Green :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

A guy who needs his list of conditions fulfilled before he's bothering to play doesn't seem like a man of the strongest moral fiber.... But battles have been won by paying money-hungry mercenaries to complement regular troops.

If Snacks doesn't show quickly he could be an improvement over what we have, or doesn't behave like a perfect teammate, we can get rid of him fast.

Again, kudos to Gutey to utilize all avenues of player acquisition, instead counting on our own UDFAs everywhere. Not to discount our UDFA of The Year, Krys Barnes (how did he not get drafted!?). Austin hasn't done anything huge, but has been an adequate Ervin replacement, which keeps those plays in the playbook, and hasn't bungled up with returns. Dafney is no Deguara, but can block some and seems to have internalized the playbook quickly.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
30 Dec 2020 16:56
Players will receive the following amounts for the 2019 season's playoffs.

Wild Card Round
Division Winners: $31,000
Other Wild Cards: $28,000

Divisional Playoff Game: $31,000
Conference Championship Game: $56,000

Super Bowl
Winning Team: $124,000
Losing Team: $62,000
wait, do players miss out on paycheck by earning a bye? that feels odd

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

here's what google says:

"Players on teams with Wild Card round byes are essentially working for free for the week since they will not receive payment. The additional rest and home-field advantage in the Divisional Playoff round are supposed to make up for the lack of money. "
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

While the Packers were awarded the claim on him, he will not sign off waivers and wants to go back to being a free agent.

Such a weird situation.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

And then this... Well, welcome Snacks!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I'm already tired of him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
30 Dec 2020 17:26
here's what google says:

"Players on teams with Wild Card round byes are essentially working for free for the week since they will not receive payment. The additional rest and home-field advantage in the Divisional Playoff round are supposed to make up for the lack of money. "
This is no longer true.

Steve Smith confirmed this last Saturday before the Panthers game. The NFLPA struck a deal to give Playoff Wildcard checks to teams who earn the bye.

Because honestly there would be incentive then, especially for lower level players, to not have a bye in the postseason.

Also, I think there is virtually no cap implications at this point. Snacks would be replacing another player on the 53 roster so this is nothing to be concerned with.

Also, I was FLAT OUT WRONG on this whole thing. I thought Snacks thing sailed.

I guess he could be good depth for Lancaster or play in place of Brian Price or Anthony Rush. Don't know if they plan on brining Montravious back either.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
30 Dec 2020 17:59
This is no longer true.
thx for the illumination
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I like it.

Sounds like he is in football shape and ready to go. Content with coming to GB.

No reason not to trust Gute at this point if he can still contribute.

Veteran presence on that D is still welcomed.

Z, Preston and Amos are the most experienced players on D.

Definitely our Howard Green!!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
30 Dec 2020 17:40
I'm already tired of him.
Yeah, he needs to start showing some outward appreciation for a loaded team willing to bring him along for a SB ride or I’ll be right there with ya...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I don’t know, I don’t have a problem with it.

Just setting the precedent, don’t claim me. I’m not going to Washington or Dallas or the Bears or AZ or Indy.

I want to pick where I go. Sounds like he is all in for GB.

I’ll take the best 3 games his career.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

BF004 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 18:12

And remember Green getting in the face of Big Ben and forcing the errant throw that Collins returned for a pick six in the Super Bowl. Let's let history repeat itself! :aok: :aok: :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
30 Dec 2020 18:25
BF004 wrote:

And remember Green getting in the face of Big Ben and forcing the errant throw that Collins returned for a pick six in the Super Bowl. Let's let history repeat itself! :aok: :aok: :aok:
Harrison with the pressure up the middle, Allen heaves it up, INTERCEPTED BY SAVAGE!!! Cuts it back, big block by Jaire, he dives, TOUCHDOWN PACKERS!!!!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
30 Dec 2020 18:25
BF004 wrote:

Yeah, I want freaky coincidences.

I want Tavon Austin to return a punt for a TD (Super Bowl 31)

and Snacks to force an INT by Savage and Rodgers to hit Adams on a deep post in a key spot that's a whisper away from a defender's hands (SB 45)

I want it to be 14-10 at halftime and then to score 21 straight (SB1) (likely after that Snacks-Savage INT, mimicking Willie Woods, also)

I want to get to the big game by winning a close, hardfought snow game in the waning moments (Ice Bowl before SBII)

But look, I'll settle for a win :lombardi:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I want Gary to Reggie toss a few people on his way to a 3 sack night.