Packers @ Bears GDT - Sunday - 1/3/2021 - 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 13:46
I think this might be a tougher game that most are thinking.

The Bears are going to come out and give it their all. There D hasn't been as good as it has been, so I think they are come in with some pride here. I am thinking it will be difficult to get our ground game going.

I really really want to see the D keep playing well.

Aaron does Aaron things when it matters, we get a TD late in the 4th to essentially put it away.

I'm gunna call Packers 24 Bears 13.
I fully respect the Bears and the danger of a motivated team with little to lose.

I just also think the team found it's swag and will delight in snuffing the playoff life out of their division rival and will pile on.

I see every reason for the Bears to be able to make a game out of it if we don't click on all cylinders. I just think we will.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If we win 45 to 10, I'll be the last to complain to and not even the slightest bit surprised. ;)

Those types of performances like we had last week are just really hard to sustain and frankly predicting an 11 point victory is honestly quite generous already.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 15:18
If we win 45 to 10, I'll be the last to complain to and not even the slightest bit surprised. ;)

Those types of performances like we had last week are just really hard to sustain and frankly predicting an 11 point victory is honestly quite generous already.
Yeah. I mean my fear is that we'll go back to dime defense as our base and not recognize that the whole defense actually plays better when we prioritize the opponent's run game because our secondary is actually super talented and we don't need bad DBs making mental errors and missing tackles all over the field to defend the pass

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Dec 2020 15:24
BF004 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 15:18

Yeah. I mean my fear is that we'll go back to dime defense as our base and not recognize that the whole defense actually plays better when we prioritize the opponent's run game because our secondary is actually super talented and we don't need bad DBs making mental errors and missing tackles all over the field to defend the pass
The weather is a factor. It's January in Chicago, if it is miserable, it will impact the scoreboard. If the weather is mild, though, even with the Bears D, which is pretty tough, I think we score 30.

I'll say mild weather, we win 31-20.
Torrential rain, we win 20-17.

Read More. Post Less.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Just saw we got Snacks Harrison on waivers!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

packman114 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 16:10
Nope, he didn't get claimed.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 16:13
packman114 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 16:10
Nope, he didn't get claimed.
His latest tweet makes it sound like the Packers were one of the few teams he would go to. The claim has been made and the ball is in his court.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

You are correct, we claimed him, it doesn't look like he will sign though.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:

The Bears are going to come out and give it their all. There D hasn't been as good as it has been, so I think they are come in with some pride here. I am thinking it will be difficult to get our ground game going.

Aaron does Aaron things when it matters, we get a TD late in the 4th to essentially put it away.

What makes you think the Bears don’t “give it their all” every time they face the Packers? I mean, I believe they see us as their biggest rival, a division foe, and perennial/current team to beat within said division. I think they give us their best shot every time we face them and guess what? It consistently hasn’t been good enough. Not over the past two decades, anyway.

When this Packers team is on their game, the Bears “all” simply isn’t good enough. Playoff spot dependent or not. I fully expect a beat down of monumental proportion. Boom.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Dec 2020 15:24
I mean my fear is that we'll go back to dime defense as our base and not recognize that the whole defense actually plays better when we prioritize the opponent's run game because our secondary is actually super talented and we don't need bad DBs making mental errors and missing tackles all over the field to defend the pass
This.

That is the only way Chicago stays with us. Conversely, if Pettine actually allows this defense to play to its strengths, I have no doubt we will be decisively victorious.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

BF004 wrote:

Akiem Hicks will be in their lineup, where he wasn't last time they played us in Lambeau. He's a difference maker. We ran all over them last time, will be a bit more difficult this time around.

Expecting a win, but also don't think it will be as easy as many of us are thinking.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
30 Dec 2020 18:00
BF004 wrote:

What makes you think the Bears don’t “give it their all” every time they face the Packers? I mean, I believe they see us as their biggest rival, a division foe, and perennial/current team to beat within said division. I think they give us their best shot every time we face them and guess what? It consistently hasn’t been good enough. Not over the past two decades, anyway.

When this Packers team is on their game, the Bears “all” simply isn’t good enough. Playoff spot dependent or not. I fully expect a beat down of monumental proportion. Boom.
I mean, did we give our all against Tampa or Minny or Jacksonville or Carolina? It happens in a 4 month long season.

Chicago been playing well, has confidence, in basically a damn near win or go home game. A loss could end the jobs for Trubisky, Nagy and Pace. They will bring everything they got. And for whatever &%$@ we give them, they aren’t a bad team.

Akiem Hicks is back and playing well. We’ll see. I wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest if we kill them, but I think they are going to show up. They are getting paid too.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 18:22
APB wrote:
30 Dec 2020 18:00
BF004 wrote:

I mean, did we give our all against Tampa or Minny or Jacksonville or Carolina? It happens in a 4 month long season.

Chicago been playing well, has confidence, in basically a damn near win or go home game. A loss could end the jobs for Trubisky, Nagy and Pace. They will bring everything they got. And for whatever &%$@ we give them, they aren’t a bad team.

Akiem Hicks is back and playing well. We’ll see. I wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest if we kill them, but I think they are going to show up. They are getting paid too.
Minny is the only example you listed that really meets the rival criteria but, to answer your question, I’d say yes. It was our defensive coordinator who screwed the pooch in that game.

But I hear ya. The Bears will show up and they’ll give us their best shot...

...like they always do...

...and we’ll prevail...

...decisively....

...again.

Side note: this Packer O-line has faced a plethora of quality defensive linemen this season. Am I right? And none of them have been highly impactful. That’s even with several Packer lineup changes and positional switches due to injury. I believe the line is even fully healthy now with the exception of Wagner, and even he looks like he’ll e good to go.

So is Hicks just better than all the other defensive linemen we’ve faced? Or is the O-line just gonna not play as the dominant group they have been all season long?

Asking for a friend...

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
30 Dec 2020 18:34
Side note: this Packer O-line has faced a plethora of quality defensive linemen this season. Am I right? And none of them have been highly impactful. That’s even with several Packer lineup changes and positional switches due to injury. I believe the line is even fully healthy now with the exception of Wagner, and even he looks like he’ll e good to go.

So is Hicks just better than all the other defensive linemen we’ve faced? Or is the O-line just gonna not play as the dominant group they have been all season long?

Asking for a friend...
I mean I love Hicks and he's a monster and if we were still missing Linsley, come on...

But we just eviscerated Jeffrey Simmons who is also a beast. Rodgers called him out for trash talking during the game when two Packers reminded him that they rushed for 250 yards.

Hicks has been back for 4 games and they gave up 34, 7, 27, 17 in those four weeks. 7 to the Texans and 17 to the Jags. 34 to the Lions and 27 to the Vikings. Their defense is fine. It's not great. It's better than Tennessee's. It's not better than the Colts who we scored 31 against. And Hicks probably doesn't make up that much difference from when we scored 41 last time around.

I get it. Any given Sunday. Rivalry. They get paid, too.

Whatever. We're one of the 3-4 best teams in football and the Bears are around a league average team. It matters. There's no reason to be all expectations managey here. We rumbled last week and we're bringing it back in the cold again this week.

Give them a 25% chance for a win and a 45% chance of keeping it close. That's fine. I'm riding the wave. I'm reading our press clippings. I'm buying what the Packers are selling.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We are 6 points away from being 11th in points allowed.

I think if we hold em to 17 we have a shot at that. That is mu goal. I want to play Barnes and Kirksey and sprinkle in Martin and Scott.

I love this team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
30 Dec 2020 20:18
I think if we hold em to 17 we have a shot at that.
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I actually worry about David Montgomery. He has been on a roll lately.

Our defense did so well shorinf up Henry. Let's prove it again vs Montgomery.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
30 Dec 2020 22:20

OMG GPG! STOP THE FENCE SITTING FOR ONCE THIS SEASON! We are going to whip their ass! ;)

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 22:25
go pak go wrote:
30 Dec 2020 22:20

OMG GPG! STOP THE FENCE SITTING FOR ONCE THIS SEASON! We are going to whip their ass! ;)
They just played the 3 worst Defenses in football and a collapsing vikes D. I hope their management buys into this as much as you do and signs Trub to a record breaking deal. Montgomery is an averge back. Their OL sucks. It is time to stomp them and get a well earned week to gameplan for every team we might face.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 17:11
You are correct, we claimed him, it doesn't look like he will sign though.
IF they claimed him off waivers, he's signed at his current contract.