Bak feared to have torn ACL

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Thank you 2020 for giving us that last piece of crap to end the year! Next man up!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I agree. Billy Turner is going to show his worth.

But our Oline was such an advantage for us.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Not good news, that's awful news actually. Par for the course based on how difficult 2020 has been.

When the great LT Ken Ruettgers #75 went down in 1996, the Packers were still able to continue to win during the regular season, and dominate in the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl. Wasn't the prettiest, but in the end it all worked out having Bruce Wilkerson take the LT spot.

I have full confidence in the ability of the Packers line to get the job done in the playoffs without Bakh out there. Puts more pressure on our QB #12 and coach LaFleurs play calling, but I think both will be able to handle it. Maybe our blocking Tight End Marcedes Lewis will be asked to pick up some of the slack. We'll have to see.

1, 2, 3 DOMINATE! :waiting:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

He was already out for 3 games this year. We got this!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Dec 2020 19:35
I mean to be fair....2 of our 3 losses resulted when he was hurt.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is a tall task for sure. Bak is a HUGE cornerstone of our offense. We wouldn't pay him if he weren't.

Biggest thing is how either Jenkins or Turner holds up in their place. Giving Rodgers time and having great holes for our backs made me have the coincidence we could beat anyone.

This is a major setback in that area.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
31 Dec 2020 19:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
1, to the Vikings.

He missed weeks 7, 8, and 9.

While a big loss, we are equipped to handle it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Dec 2020 20:15
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
1, to the Vikings.

Yep still scored 91 points in those games. Major loss yes but this team can overcome. If another start goes down on the OL it could get ugly

Turner Jenkins Lindslay Patrick wagner

JRJ in the bullpen

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
1, to the Vikings.

Yeah, and LT was not the problem in that Vikings game.

I do not see this as a gloom and doom thing - maybe it's the confidence I have from the Titans game, but I still think we are the best team in the NFC.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Just saw the news. Talk about a crushing blow.
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Next man up! Still expect to kick ass!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Veldheer is on the Colts practice squad. It might be prudent to give him a call. Wasn't he here last year and he could step in on short notice for OL depth?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
1, to the Vikings.

Depends if you want to count the Bucs or not.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Bad news but when Bak was out LT wasn't our problem in a loss.

I think we are fine. Turner to LT ... I think it was him but it was someone else at LT when Bak was out I thought they did well.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Count me as someone who thinks we'll be fine. I mean yeah he's the best LT in the game, but our O Line is solid and Elgton Jenkins is basically a blue chip himself. The other thing is that a lot of these top grades our guys get are surely Rodgers' doing. How much of a drop will the backup be?

I think it's weird how under MM we had players going down every year left and right, and under MLF we have been almost as healthy as I have ever seen a team be, but our biggest loss by far now has come in practice of all things.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
31 Dec 2020 18:21
WOW, what are you practicing at this point of the season that requires 100% effort, this seems so senseless, ehhhhhh.

Sounds like it was just one of those things...

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Reporting wrote:Losing Bakhtiari in practice is especially painful for the Packers because they were taking part in a non-padded practice, which generally precludes the players from having sudden or violent contact. Even with pads, there is no tackling, but without them, the players rarely go to the ground or get tangled up.

Also, it sucks but we have options:

The Packers will have a number of options, but for the Chicago Bears game Sunday they may have to move Jenkins to Bakhtiari’s spot.

When Bakhtiari broke a rib and missed three games, Turner moved over from right tackle and started all of them there – at Houston, vs. Minnesota and at San Francisco. When Turner’s replacement at right tackle, Wagner, injured his knee, Turner moved back to right tackle and Jenkins played left tackle.

There’s a good chance LaFleur will have to go with Jenkins at left tackle because Wagner (knee) was a limited participant in practice Thursday and may not be able to play against the Bears. If Wagner can’t play, then Turner would probably play right tackle, Lucas Patrick would play right guard and rookie Jon Runyan would play left guard.

Runyan had to play left guard against San Francisco when Jenkins was moved to left tackle and held up well. He again played left guard when Linsley injured his knee against Indianapolis and Jenkins had to move from left guard to center.

Another option at left guard if the Packers are willing to take the chance is Stepaniak, who began practicing in mid-November and was moved from the non-football injury list to the 53-man roster on Dec. 9. He is a powerful blocker who probably would have gone much higher in the draft if not for his injury.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
01 Jan 2021 06:30
Yoop wrote:
31 Dec 2020 18:21
WOW, what are you practicing at this point of the season that requires 100% effort, this seems so senseless, ehhhhhh.

Sounds like it was just one of those things...

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Reporting wrote:Losing Bakhtiari in practice is especially painful for the Packers because they were taking part in a non-padded practice, which generally precludes the players from having sudden or violent contact. Even with pads, there is no tackling, but without them, the players rarely go to the ground or get tangled up.

Also, it sucks but we have options:

The Packers will have a number of options, but for the Chicago Bears game Sunday they may have to move Jenkins to Bakhtiari’s spot.

When Bakhtiari broke a rib and missed three games, Turner moved over from right tackle and started all of them there – at Houston, vs. Minnesota and at San Francisco. When Turner’s replacement at right tackle, Wagner, injured his knee, Turner moved back to right tackle and Jenkins played left tackle.

There’s a good chance LaFleur will have to go with Jenkins at left tackle because Wagner (knee) was a limited participant in practice Thursday and may not be able to play against the Bears. If Wagner can’t play, then Turner would probably play right tackle, Lucas Patrick would play right guard and rookie Jon Runyan would play left guard.

Runyan had to play left guard against San Francisco when Jenkins was moved to left tackle and held up well. He again played left guard when Linsley injured his knee against Indianapolis and Jenkins had to move from left guard to center.

Another option at left guard if the Packers are willing to take the chance is Stepaniak, who began practicing in mid-November and was moved from the non-football injury list to the 53-man roster on Dec. 9. He is a powerful blocker who probably would have gone much higher in the draft if not for his injury.
I forgot about Stepaniak. What was that injury?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
31 Dec 2020 18:56
Backthepack4ever wrote:
31 Dec 2020 18:34
I think we will be ok. Huge blow but this team can adjust
Yeah, my thoughts as well. I was actually just thinking a few days back about the notable lack of a star player on the IR and kinda figured we may have been due one. The universe likes balance.

Don't get me wrong, this sucks, but championship teams overcome big losses like this every year, and we already have an idea of how to live without Bakh at LT (inconvenient, but manageable).
Honestly, beat Chicago and then those home play-off games set up nicely for this line to just pound the rock. Bak isn't the greatest run blocker, anyway. Maybe this impacts us greatly if we end up in a shootout with KC in the Super Bowl, but I suppose we need to let the next month play out before we start worrying about things that far down the road.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
01 Jan 2021 07:07
I forgot about Stepaniak. What was that injury?
A knee injury, I believe, that he suffered in his collegiate finale.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
01 Jan 2021 00:38
I think it's weird how under MM we had players going down every year left and right, and under MLF we have been almost as healthy as I have ever seen a team be, but our biggest loss by far now has come in practice of all things.
The only difference is we haven't seen many long, season ending injuries.

But we have definitely seen injuries.

17, 97, 58, 69, 71, 63, 33, 30, 28, 13, 87, 20, 25, 24, 54, 51, 90, 96, 52, 19

Have all missed significant time to injury and a lot of them went to IR. Also I do think thr new IR rules help players from losing their season.
Yoop wrote: