2020 Positional Draft Talk - WR

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
17 Apr 2020 07:07
BF004 wrote:
16 Apr 2020 21:54
Wonderlic scores
Chase Claypool - 27
Michael Pittman - 29
Bryan Edwards - 28
Brandon Aiyuk - 23
Henry Ruggs - 20
K.J. Hamler - 15
Van Jefferson - 12
Laviska Shenault - 14
Denzel Mims - 17
Jalen Reagor - 13
Tee Higgins - 11
Justin Jefferson - 19
Jerry Jeudy - 9
CeeDee Lamb - 12
So dumb... I can look at these for two seconds, knowing absolutely nothing about these guys, and say, "Doesn't surprise me."
true, the dumbest 2 or 3 will make more then all the smart ones :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
17 Apr 2020 07:37
NCF wrote:
17 Apr 2020 07:07
BF004 wrote:
16 Apr 2020 21:54
Wonderlic scores

So dumb... I can look at these for two seconds, knowing absolutely nothing about these guys, and say, "Doesn't surprise me."
true, the dumbest 2 or 3 will make more then all the smart ones :lol:
I meant its dumb that I go to that conclusion without knowing anything about these guys.

Read More. Post Less.

Freewheelingutey
Reactions:

Post by Freewheelingutey »

After watching Van Jefferson highlights..I really would like to see us get him! Probably late second or early 3rd rd?
I wonder how much the wonderlic scores really play into things..obviously you want a smart qb. Gary had a 9 last year. That didn't keep Gutey away!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Freewheelingutey wrote:
19 Apr 2020 13:02
After watching Van Jefferson highlights..I really would like to see us get him! Probably late second or early 3rd rd?
I wonder how much the wonderlic scores really play into things..obviously you want a smart qb. Gary had a 9 last year. That didn't keep Gutey away!
always felt it affects the speed to learn new things, the more complicated the thing, the longer it takes, being a rookie and learning NFL schemes is hard enough, couple that with a 40 watt bulb brain and it's even tougher :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Alright, let's get some consensus on these guys. Who are you good with and where? Who is off your board? Who is being overrated?

Round 1:
Lamb
Jeudy
Ruggs
Jefferson
Higgins
Aiyuk
Reagor

Round 2:
Mims
Claypool
Shenault
Pittman

Round 3:
Hamler
Peoples-Jones
Johnson
Edwards
Duvernay
Van Jefferson
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

[mention]Pckfn23[/mention]

I am moving Higgins and Aiyuk down a notch and Peoples-Jones up a notch. I have spent quite a bit of time on that Top-10 and Aiyuk is probably my least favorite of the whole group.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I am really pushing to get through my WR soon.

Going to have a shocking amount of 1st round grades. 8, maybe 9?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Apr 2020 15:35
Who are you good with and where? Who is off your board? Who is being overrated?
Round 1:
Ruggs
Lamb
Jeudy
Jefferson

Round 2:
Reagor
Aiyuk
Mims
Shenault
Pittman
Higgins
Peoples-Jones

Round 3:
Edwards
Claypool
Van Jefferson
KJ Hill

----
KJ Hamler, Devin Duvernay: :puke:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoho, rough on the WRs.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Apr 2020 15:35
Alright, let's get some consensus on these guys. Who are you good with and where? Who is off your board? Who is being overrated?

Round 1:
Lamb
Jeudy
Ruggs
Jefferson
Higgins
Aiyuk
Reagor

Round 2:
Mims
Claypool
Shenault
Pittman

Round 3:
Hamler
Peoples-Jones
Johnson
Edwards
Duvernay
Van Jefferson
This is actually really good, IMO.

I Mims is first round lock for me. Flirting with a top 4 grade after Lamb, Jeudy and Jefferson with Ruggs.

A lot of these guys are really close, so digging into details deeper, injury issues, off the field, hand size, etc. could very easily move someone from like 4th on my list to like 8th, but really only going from maybe 18 to 28 overall, or whatever.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also, I kind of like the Claypool at TE talk personally.

I think he is my TE #1 this year.

Position being somewhat irrelevant though when talking about a big possession WR with deep speed or a TE with speed and good receiving ability.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also, if you check out Brad Kelly on youtube, he posts awesome All-22 videos, amazing for checking out the WR's as he will break them down by every target or every TD or things like that.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Honestly i really feel jefferson might be the best pro when its all said and done. Lamb doesnt scream greatness to me. Great college wr in a no pro O. No elite traits. He will be over drafted.. Juedy is a pure route runner but I think ruggs better.... Call me crazy. Juedy will be good but ruggs has that dynamic stuff that as a 2 will be so much more to the team's he is on.

Jefferson. Hes just a dog to me. He gets it done. A better Jennings out the gate. Perfect fit in green Bay but hes a top 15 pick imo

Next fit would be reagor. Explosive play maker with a skill set we dont have. Nevermind the lack luster combine... He came in heavy and it hurt him. He dropped back down and all the speed is there. The tape doesnt lie. Nobody catches him.

After that I would trade down with Pittman mims and Aiyuk next. All are instant upgrades but not my favs at 30.

I have no interest in Higgins. Shenault is a fringe late 2nd 3rd guy

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Like Higgins - doubt he lasts - looking at mocks it seems packers will have to move up to around 20 to get 1 of the 5 top wrs.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Apr 2020 17:01
Yoho, rough on the WRs.
I guess I just feel like after the top 4, the value between, say #5 and #10 are so tight that it's hard to value any one of them enough to take significantly before another. So if you're drafting the #5 WR at 21, it's likely that a receiver of almost equal value is going to go at #40; that's of course setting some scheme fit specifications aside. It just makes it easy to prefer a trade back than a sit still, for me personally. Even if I valued those 5 WRs as the 26th through 30th best player, the supply is so high that I'd rather pick at 40.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don't think there is anyone in this class at this level.

Boy, it is all there, but he has definitely come a long way. Very raw back then, hardly looks like the same player, but you can see a few flashes though.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Trying to figure out why the board is down on Higgins so much? Some help?

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Apr 2020 21:30
Trying to figure out why the board is down on Higgins so much? Some help?
Not sure just like I couldn't understand why it was previously so high on Mims.

Higgins tape is very good and he is 6'4.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I do like Higgins, but I think he is a limited athlete, so many guys with such high ceilings in this class. Almost seems hard to limit yourself with someone who might only be able to be 'good' at best.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Apr 2020 22:11
I do like Higgins, but I think he is a limited athlete, so many guys with such high ceilings in this class. Almost seems hard to limit yourself with someone who might only be able to be 'good' at best.
I would put him in my 2nd tier of 1st round guys because of that. I think his supposed lack of athletic ability is a bit overblown.