Bak feared to have torn ACL

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
31 Dec 2020 18:21
WOW, what are you practicing at this point of the season that requires 100% effort, this seems so senseless, ehhhhhh.
See: Teddy Bridgewater injury.

Sometimes things just give out.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I mean it’s a big loss but we should be fine without him. We should still able to run the ball well. We should still be able to get the ball out on time. I don’t think being without Bak moves us out of being the favorites. If we lose it will still be because of special teams and defense. I have a ton of confidence in this offense as long as they have A.God and Suavamente Adams.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2021 18:03
I mean it’s a big loss but we should be fine without him. We should still able to run the ball well. We should still be able to get the ball out on time. I don’t think being without Bak moves us out of being the favorites. If we lose it will still be because of special teams and defense. I have a ton of confidence in this offense as long as they have A.God and Suavamente Adams.
How many points will the Packers need to score this year for it to not be the offenses fault?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
01 Jan 2021 11:17
The big mistake would be telling who ever takes over at LT that he has to play like Bak. He's got to play above his ability. You've got to say, play smart, play to your ability, and just do your job every play. If we have to make some adjustments we will make it work as the game evolves.

We were winning games with Marshall Newhouse we can win with who ever is in the hot seat.

Go Pack Go!
Billy Bob Turner + Lewis = a LT, Turner can handle the bull rushers and Lewis can back him up on the inside stunts and counters, both are good run blockers, it's impossible to replace a all pro LT like Bak, but I think this combination will be good fill ins.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Doesn't Mack play that side?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2021 20:21
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2021 18:03
How many points will the Packers need to score this year for it to not be the offenses fault?
IMO 25 points. If the defense gives up more than 24 that just isn’t good enough against the NFC teams.

If it comes down to the SB against the Bills or Chiefs they’re gonna need 30. But again that’s just by opinion.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2021 07:42
texas wrote:
01 Jan 2021 00:38
I think it's weird how under MM we had players going down every year left and right, and under MLF we have been almost as healthy as I have ever seen a team be, but our biggest loss by far now has come in practice of all things.
The only difference is we haven't seen many long, season ending injuries.

But we have definitely seen injuries.

17, 97, 58, 69, 71, 63, 33, 30, 28, 13, 87, 20, 25, 24, 54, 51, 90, 96, 52, 19

Have all missed significant time to injury and a lot of them went to IR. Also I do think thr new IR rules help players from losing their season.
Yeah I absolutely don't count the 2-3 week little injuries

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Starting to feel better about this.

We essentially have 5 starters we are still playing.

Should be Turner, Jenkins, Linsley, Patrick, Wagner.

Every man there has been quite battle tested this year and all stepped up well.

Throw in Lewis and getting Williams back, have a lot of good options there for keeping Aaron upright.

NorCalPacker
Reactions:

Post by NorCalPacker »

I honestly don't see how Gutey Doesn't try to sign Cordy Glenn as a potential backup for the playoff run. Has had some injury and motivational issues but started a lot of games at LT and has always had a PFF pass blocker rating over 70. Seems like he could be the 2020 version of Bruce Wilkerson from the '96 run.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Welcome!

https://www.phillyvoice.com/closer-look ... s-bengals/

Glenn might still be dealing with concussion issues from last season. Could be a good signing for RG if nothing else.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NorCalPacker wrote:
02 Jan 2021 15:11
I honestly don't see how Gutey Doesn't try to sign Cordy Glenn as a potential backup for the playoff run. Has had some injury and motivational issues but started a lot of games at LT and has always had a PFF pass blocker rating over 70. Seems like he could be the 2020 version of Bruce Wilkerson from the '96 run.
Welcome!!!

I was looking at Veldheer. Believe he is sitting on Indy’s Ps.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NorCalPacker wrote:
Welcome! :aok:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NorCalPacker wrote:
Warm welcome to the forum. Have fun!

Aaaand I'm gonna immediately emphatically disagree ( :lol: ) and say Glenn is a bit heavy for what the Packers are doing at OL. I think priority 1 in GB is protecting the MVP, not crushing them in the face in the running game. So we mostly play nimble but somewhat light OL. More LT types than maulers. I dunno how a big boy would synergize with our current Oline.

Then again, LaFleur might want some "in your face" blocker options for winter football.

Anyways, an idea that got me thinking. Fine start!

NorCalPacker
Reactions:

Post by NorCalPacker »

Thanks for the Welcome!

I hear you that Glenn is probably not the prototype zone scheme OT, that said he's almost certainly the best thing left on the market and while he is a big boy he has also always been more known for his pass protection. The real question is what kinda shape is he in. I would be good with Veldheer as well, though he was just elevated for week 17 to the active roster.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
02 Jan 2021 15:33
NorCalPacker wrote:
Welcome!!!

I was looking at Veldheer. Believe he is sitting on Indy’s Ps.
Welcome [mention]NorCalPacker[/mention]!

As long as we’re looking at “right fit” type options, Kyle Murphy was recently released by the Texans. He should be in relative game shape and is familiar with the Packer locker room. He’s certainly no All-Pro but he may get you through a game in an emergency.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
02 Jan 2021 04:13
go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2021 07:42
texas wrote:
01 Jan 2021 00:38
I think it's weird how under MM we had players going down every year left and right, and under MLF we have been almost as healthy as I have ever seen a team be, but our biggest loss by far now has come in practice of all things.
The only difference is we haven't seen many long, season ending injuries.

But we have definitely seen injuries.

17, 97, 58, 69, 71, 63, 33, 30, 28, 13, 87, 20, 25, 24, 54, 51, 90, 96, 52, 19

Have all missed significant time to injury and a lot of them went to IR. Also I do think thr new IR rules help players from losing their season.
Yeah I absolutely don't count the 2-3 week little injuries
But you normally would if we were under the old rules.

A lot of times players needed to be IR'd not because they were out for the whole season, but because the team was pinched and needed a roster spot.

I really like the new rules of brining up Psquad players and IR only being 3 weeks. I think this needs to continue next year because it doesn't force situations like 2010 where we IR Grant in October even though he would have been ready to play 6 weeks later in December.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2021 08:07
But you normally would if we were under the old rules.

A lot of times players needed to be IR'd not because they were out for the whole season, but because the team was pinched and needed a roster spot.

I really like the new rules of brining up Psquad players and IR only being 3 weeks. I think this needs to continue next year because it doesn't force situations like 2010 where we IR Grant in October even though he would have been ready to play 6 weeks later in December.
I like this year's IR rules, too. I really hope the NFLPA pushes for them to continue.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
03 Jan 2021 12:21
I like this year's IR rules, too. I really hope the NFLPA pushes for them to continue.
I also like them a lot, but I feel like 3 weeks may be a bit short and/or there should be different designations for if you're out for the year or just on a temporary DL. Most of the time, reporting lets that be known, but teams are tight-lipped about injuries and not knowing if someone's injury knocked them out 3, 6, 9 weeks... is not ideal injury reporting.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
31 Dec 2020 18:23
go pak go wrote:
31 Dec 2020 18:18
Let alone we are paying Bak a crap ton and now have to find an alternative for both LT and RT now for the next 12 months.

I mean I think we are all hopeful. But this likely will be the end of it.
I don't think we should necessarily write off the entire 2021 season for Bak yet.
Young healthy guys heal fast, and I’m sure he will wear a brace probably for the rest of his career now

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

When is Baks surgery scheduled?
All goes great I would expect him back by the august T.C