Packers @ Bears GDT - Sunday - 1/3/2021 - 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Total Yards Allowed - 356
Total Pass Yards Allowed - 248
Total Rush Yards Allowed - 108

We for sure will be passing the Bears and Seahawks in points alllowed in 2020.

Our defense actually has a legit shot at being top 10 in points allowed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:23
bud fox wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:21
Defense going need to be much better against the good teams.
You mean like the Titans? :aok:
Chicago were moving it pretty easy - good QBs are going to finish those drives.
All I want them to do with force the sack/punt/pick or give up a TD, no more multiple 7 minute drives. Get the ball back to MVP one way or the other.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:31
Total Yards Allowed - 356
Total Pass Yards Allowed - 248
Total Rush Yards Allowed - 108

We for sure will be passing the Bears and Seahawks in points alllowed in 2020.

Our defense actually has a legit shot at being top 10 in points allowed.
I think the Cowboys, Colts and Giants will be ahead of us still. I think we will be 13th but will be like 4 points from 10th.

Honestly the STs pulled our defensive stats down.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:25
YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:20
BF004 wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:19
Meh, final score doesn’t reflect where this was with 10 minutes remaining, give or take
The final score also does not reflect where we were at 21-7 before halftime. That's the point of final scores.
Not sure what you want here. Bears came to play, they put up a fight, we pulled away at the end. :idn:

What are you arguing? And more importantly, why?
I'm just playing around.

But if I were to call this an argument, my point would be that I didn't consider this game particularly close. We went up by multiple scores, the Bears closed to within 5 for a brief period of time, and then we re-asserted our dominance. That's all.

The win probability never dropped below 63% in the second half according to the gamecast chart. And I never particularly was fearful that the Bears could put together enough success to overtake us, even if they had gained a temporary lead. I just thought we looked like the better team and that if you want to play a ball control, long-drive, short-plays style of game with us, I have faith that our team will commit fewer mistakes than Trubisky and the Bears 9 times out of ten. And that was the case today.

It was a fun win, and I'm glad we won, and I'm glad we're all here to celebrate the one seed.

The Bears still suck. That's my point.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

bud fox wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:29
Despite what some packers fans may say - guy is best ever.
Depends how you define "best". If it means pure prime time performances then yes, he's better than Favre, better than Peyton and better than Brady. But Brady has 6 rings and in any of those seasons he was a key player. In that sense Brady is the greatest. With coaches it's Belichick = Lombardi.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I was honestly very impressed with our defense today. Wish their tackling was better. But beyond that first drive, I thought our defense did a great job. Just failed to capitalize on a few drives.
Yoop wrote:

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Wow. Tampa Bay played their regulars in a meaningless game for them. Evans down with a knee injury and did not return. Big blow to the Bucs if he can't go in the playoffs.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:31
bud fox wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:23

You mean like the Titans? :aok:
Chicago were moving it pretty easy - good QBs are going to finish those drives.
You mean like Ryan Tannehill? :aok:

16 points. :rotf:
Okay - I understand your biases outweigh critical thinking - we can move on as no argument will be honest.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:34
I was honestly very impressed with our defense today. Wish their tackling was better. But beyond that first drive, I thought our defense did a great job. Just failed to capitalize on a few drives.
Take into account that they played against Trubidubidoo.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:36
go pak go wrote:
Stop qualifying it. Truby and Montgomery have been very good in December.

The Bears performed the worst in December/January to the Packers. Twice.

Our offense could not end it because MVS dropped it. The defense didn't let the Bears back in when they had every chance too.

Very impressive performance today.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:38
German_Panzer wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:36
go pak go wrote:
Stop qualifying it. Truby and Montgomery have been very good in December.

The Bears performed the worst in December/January to the Packers. Twice.

Our offense could not end it because MVS dropped it. The defense didn't let the Bears back in when they had every chance too.

Very impressive performance today.
No it wasn't

Bears beat us in first downs, rushing yards, passing yards.

The difference is red zone - packers 4/4, bears 1/5.
This is where good QBs show the difference.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Titans scoring the last several weeks:

30 vs Ravens
45 vs the Colts
35 vs the Browns
31 vs the Jaguars
46 vs the Lions
14 vs the Packers
41 vs the Texans

Bears scoring the last few weeks:

25 vs the Packers
30 vs the Lions
36 vs the Texans
33 vs the Vikings
41 vs the Jaguars
16 vs the Packers

Our defense doesn't need caveats for their performances the past two weeks.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

German_Panzer wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Depends how you define "best". If it means pure prime time performances then yes, he's better than Favre, better than Peyton and better than Brady. But Brady has 6 rings and in any of those seasons he was a key player. In that sense Brady is the greatest. With coaches it's Belichick = Lombardi.
Lombardi had tougher division/conference opponents IMO. But comparing different eras is impossible anyway.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:35
Wow. Tampa Bay played their regulars in a meaningless game for them. Evans down with a knee injury and did not return. Big blow to the Bucs if he can't go in the playoffs.
Now that is stupid. And to be honest, I'd have no desire going to NY and playing the Giants. They have no pressure on them/nothing to lose attitude going into that game. Every year in the playoffs an upset happens. This year it could be the Bucs.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

German_Panzer wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Agree these definitions have become a thing. Brady is the greatest because of rings and also one of the best.

Rodgers is the best on pure performance and QB play - stats/eye test.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

With the bye, there will be many days to criticize this team.

Tonight I'm choosing to just celebrate!!!

No 1 seed.

Da Bears still suck.

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

We decided to play smallball and force long drives today, content that they would make more mistakes and finish fewer drives than we could. It was a great plana nd was accurate.

They converted FIVE of SIX 4th and shorts. They needed them. And at least 3 of those conversions came after successful stuffs on 3rd and short.

There was nothing scary or red flaggy about this game. We adjusted to our opponent and beat a division rival and playoff team by 19 points.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:45
We decided to play smallball and force long drives today, content that they would make more mistakes and finish fewer drives than we could. It was a great plana nd was accurate.

They converted FIVE of SIX 4th and shorts. They needed them. And at least 3 of those conversions came after successful stuffs on 3rd and short.

There was nothing scary or red flaggy about this game. We adjusted to our opponent and beat a division rival and playoff team by 19 points.
Yes, the plan was solid. With the exception of one play, the Bears were afraid to challenge our D.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:45

What is the reasoning behind letting them move the ball on long drives? What is the benefit? Tire our def - give our off less time.

They still got to the redzone more times than we did so it didn't really work because as soon as they get to the redzone it becomes redzone def

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:18
Give da Bears credit. They did a lot of things right today. They had a good game plan on offense. It almost worked.
Now what do the Bears do? They make the playoffs in the second worst way possible [ whoever wins the east is the worst ] Do you keep Nagy and Pace, or start fresh ?