Black Monday / Blacker Sunday?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Black Monday / Blacker Sunday?

Post by BF004 »

“This evening, I informed Adam Gase he will no longer serve as the Head Coach of the Jets,” Jets chairman and CEO Christopher Johnson said in a statement.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Could be a big one this year; Maybe more GMs than usual

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Hope Nate Hackett sticks around.
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Nagy saved his job for a week anyway by backing into the playoffs.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:
03 Jan 2021 22:27
I would be shocked if he got a HC job. If there's one coordinator that nobody even knows exists, it's him. The networks show him like once or twice a season.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

texas wrote:
04 Jan 2021 03:28
paco wrote:
I would be shocked if he got a HC job. If there's one coordinator that nobody even knows exists, it's him. The networks show him like once or twice a season.

Most GMs aren't picking HCs by how much screen time they are getting. Helping create the top O and working with the MVP will get him plenty of notice. Of course being on the #1 seed is going to make it difficult for him to find time interview for the job. :banana:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We’d be way more likely to lose Hackett to an OC job where he can get play calling duties.

Couldn’t imagine LaFleur would hold him back given how hard he worked to get play calling duties himself and how quickly that escalated himself to a head coaching job.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Cdragon wrote:
04 Jan 2021 06:25
texas wrote:
04 Jan 2021 03:28
paco wrote:

Most GMs aren't picking HCs by how much screen time they are getting. Helping create the top O and working with the MVP will get him plenty of notice. Of course being on the #1 seed is going to make it difficult for him to find time interview for the job. :banana:
Very true. But I could see someone offering him the OC job with an assistant HC title as well. I don't think LaFleur would block that. But going to the Super Bowl will make it difficult for teams to poach our coaches.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Rumor mill has Detroit ownership eyeing John Schneider as their next GM. That’d be a coup, of sorts, for them. Don’t see it happening but still an interesting tidbit to consider with the way the Carroll/Schneider leadership and authority model is structured.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/se ... ns-vacancy

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Here’s a one stop look at all coaching, G.M. and front office moves, interviews, rumors, etc. for the 2021 cycle.

Atlanta: Fired head coach Dan Quinn and General Manager Thomas Dimitroff after 0-5 start. Interviewed interim head coach Raheem Morris. Set to interview 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh on January 4. Set to interview Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy on January 4. Requested interview with Colts director of college scouting Morocco Brown. Interviewed former Texans G.M. Rick Smith and Falcons director of college scouting Anthony Robinson.

Carolina: Fired General Manager Marty Hurney was fired on December 21. Requested interviews with Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio, Bills assistant G.M. Joe Schoen and Browns vice president of football operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. Expected to request interviews with Saints assistant G.M. Jeff Ireland, 49ers vice president of player personnel Adam Peters, and Colts assistant G.M. Ed Dodds.

Detroit: Fired head coach Matt Patricia and General Manager Bob Quinn in November. Interviewed their vice president of player personnel Kyle O’Brien, director of player personnel Lance Newmark, and director of pro scouting Rob Lohman. Interviewed former Falcons G.M. Thomas Dimitroff. Interviewed former Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli. Interviewed ESPN analyst Louis Riddick. Interviewed former Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. Reportedly interested in Seahawks G.M. John Schneider.

Houston: Fired head coach/General Manager Bill O’Brien early in the season. Interviewed former Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. Interviewed former Lions head coach Jim Caldwell. Interviewed ESPN analyst Louis Riddick for G.M. job. Requested interviews with Ravens director of football research Scott Cohen and Seahawks vice president of player personnel Trent Kirchner. Expected to interview Bills director of pro personnel Malik Boyd.

Jacksonville: Fired General Manager Dave Caldwell in late November. Interviewed ESPN analyst Louis Riddick. Interviewed former Giants G.M. Jerry Reese. Interviewed former Texans G.M. Rick Smith. Interim G.M. Trent Baalke is expected to be a candidate.

New York Jets: Fired head coach Adam Gase on January 3.

Washington: They currently do not have a General Manager and may hire one this offseason

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
04 Jan 2021 07:17
Rumor mill has Detroit ownership eyeing John Schneider as their next GM. That’d be a coup, of sorts, for them. Don’t see it happening but still an interesting tidbit to consider with the way the Carroll/Schneider leadership and authority model is structured.

They're going to have to offer some draft picks to get him. Won't happen.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Cdragon wrote:
04 Jan 2021 08:27
APB wrote:
04 Jan 2021 07:17

They're going to have to offer some draft picks to get him. Won't happen.
Tell you what, though, if the Lions hire our GM's buddy at GM and our coach's buddy at HC (Salah) it'll make for some interesting rivalries.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Bad situation staying bad.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
04 Jan 2021 10:20

Oh yikes, ew.

Lots to like about that opening. But this is definitely not one of them.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Anthony Lynn out.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

'Love that any dumbass who is rich enough can buy or inherit my team and call the shots with 0 qualifications. :aok:

Well, not MY team. Cheers for publicly-owned Green Bay Football Team (with workers as its mascot!) -- the true choice of the proletariat!! :lol: 8-) :beer2:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The Chargers and Jags gigs are very attractive. Jags will have a shiny new QB and tons of money to play with. Chargers have a shiny new QB who's already good and a hell of a core of young players on defense.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
04 Jan 2021 10:20

Oh man, those poor Jags fans. Shad needs to get his head out of his ass and step back. Unless his plan is to keep sucking and move the team?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

John Elway out as the Broncos' GM, remains as prez of football operations.

PFT:
John Elway has been in that role since 2011, but announced on Monday that he is stepping away from that job. He will remain the president of football operations and will oversee the search for a new G.M.

“Working in this role for the last 10 years and going back to my playing days, I’ve always tried to do everything I can to help the Broncos win and get better,” Elway said in a statement. “As part of a transition I’ve thought about for a long time, I have made the decision to step up into an elevated role and hire a general manager to lead our personnel and football staff.”

Elway said the new G.M. will have “final say on the draft, free agency and our roster.” He emphasized that the new hire will be working in partnership with head coach Vic Fangio to make football decisions.