Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Former Badger Jonathan Taylor got a boatload of yards today :shock:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The Eagles are taking a ton of &%$@ right now across the league for doing the right thing and tanking a meaningless game. People still don’t get it. Do you people not see how $%@# stupid the Jets look right now? They went from getting what was considered the best QB prospect since Luck to getting Fields and let’s face it. OSU QBs have stunk it up in recent memory.

Meanwhile the Eagles end up with the 6th pick instead of sliding back to pick 9. Terrific move by the organization to retool the roster over winning a meaningless game.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yep, and as the lions have shown, picking closer to 6th each year rather than 9th tends to magically turnaround the franchise.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jan 2021 07:15
Yep, and as the lions have shown, picking closer to 6th each year rather than 9th tends to magically turnaround the franchise.
Honestly if it were 3rd to 6th I'd be like "ok, there is a franchise-altering LT on the table and that is the Eagles' biggest concern."

But from 6th to 9th for a team looking at CBs and OL.... I dunno.

But the bigger travesty is that this was the league- and network-selected featured game and the NFL got embarrassed by nationally televising a game with playoff implications while one team laid down for all to see.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pederson trashed his reputation, and lost respect of his players tanking for a marginal draft advantage, If Pederson acted on orders from the FO, then they should speak up and own it, (as though that would ever happen)

He said after that he didn’t think it would affect the team’s “culture,” but playing Sudfeld essentially said that all the players’ effort this past week in practice, let alone the game, didn’t matter all that much.

In the end, rival Washington celebrated on Philly’s field and then whooped it up in the locker room. All the Eagles players could do was slump away, potentially for the last time for guys such as Ertz, Wentz, Jason Kelce and others whose time with this once proud franchise could be over.

Maybe they “deserved” better, but, hey, that sixth pick in the draft has been secured.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2021 07:20
franchise-altering LT
A what?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2021 08:04
Pederson trashed his reputation, and lost respect of his players tanking for a marginal draft advantage, If Pederson acted on orders from the FO, then they should speak up and own it, (as though that would ever happen)

He said after that he didn’t think it would affect the team’s “culture,” but playing Sudfeld essentially said that all the players’ effort this past week in practice, let alone the game, didn’t matter all that much.

In the end, rival Washington celebrated on Philly’s field and then whooped it up in the locker room. All the Eagles players could do was slump away, potentially for the last time for guys such as Ertz, Wentz, Jason Kelce and others whose time with this once proud franchise could be over.

Maybe they “deserved” better, but, hey, that sixth pick in the draft has been secured.
If the Eagles have a good team next year, I don't think people are really going to care what Doug Pederson did on the night of January 3, 2021. I mean I already don't care. I am moving on to the playoffs.

And I know Giants players are upset. But they really only have themselves to blame. Shoulda won another game during 2020.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Slightly above average defense!! :banana:

I think this has shown to be maybe the single best metric for team play.

Still really don't want to place Tampa, although not 'likely' we play them, it is the most likely team we will face.

Even better when it matters most.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

MVP MVP MVP

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Really stupid that by those metrics, we'd have to play the 2nd best team in the league in the divisional round. :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

You hate to see it.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

He's not wrong...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2021 18:53
He's not wrong...
Thought the same thing

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2021 08:08
Yoop wrote:

If the Eagles have a good team next year, I don't think people are really going to care what Doug Pederson did on the night of January 3, 2021. I mean I already don't care. I am moving on to the playoffs.

And I know Giants players are upset. But they really only have themselves to blame. Shoulda won another game during 2020.
of course you'd say you don't care, you support it.

not only was it a slap in the face to his own players, Eagles fans and destroy any playoff hopes for the Giants, it bit off a huge chunk of the integrity of the sport, the nfl should take there draft pick.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-judge- ... 41189.html

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
05 Jan 2021 05:52
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

not only was it a slap in the face to his own players, Eagles fans and destroy any playoff hopes for the Giants, it bit off a huge chunk of the integrity of the sport, the nfl should take there draft pick.

The Giants blew their own playoff chances 10 different weeks this season. I have no pity for a team with 10 losses not making the playoffs. I have no pity for the Eagles players who stunk it up most of the season. Eagles fans should be praising the move. None of them paid any money to attend the game. Now they’ve got the 6th pick.

Imagine the league taking a bad teams draft pick and keeping them bad. You want to talk about fan uproar. The integrity of the game wasn’t damaged. This was being smart.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Jan 2021 06:17
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

The Giants blew their own playoff chances 10 different weeks this season. I have no pity for a team with 10 losses not making the playoffs. I have no pity for the Eagles players who stunk it up most of the season. Eagles fans should be praising the move. None of them paid any money to attend the game. Now they’ve got the 6th pick.

Imagine the league taking a bad teams draft pick and keeping them bad. You want to talk about fan uproar. The integrity of the game wasn’t damaged. This was being smart.
none of that means a damn thing, doesn't matter how the team played during the season, they where in a 3 point game with a chance to win, and Pederson decided that his players didn't matter, or that the Giants seasonal outcome, (playoff hopes) didn't either, and just as many 6 slotters bust as do 9 slotters, this was a lose, lose proposition right from the start, lis, the nfl should step in here and Punish the Eagles.

if your not playing to win, then your a loser.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-man ... 07740.html

many Eagles players and coaches were shocked and outraged” by the decision to remove quarterback Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld in the second half of the Week 17 game.

Per the report, two defensive players “had to be held back” from confronting coach Doug Pederson. McLane also reports that center Jason Kelce (pictured) and another offensive starter approach Pederson for an explanation as to the move.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
05 Jan 2021 06:45
lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

none of that means a damn thing, doesn't matter how the team played during the season, they where in a 3 point game with a chance to win, and Pederson decided that his players didn't matter, or that the Giants seasonal outcome, (playoff hopes) didn't either, and just as many 6 slotters bust as do 9 slotters, this was a lose, lose proposition right from the start, lis, the nfl should step in here and Punish the Eagles.

many Eagles players and coaches were shocked and outraged” by the decision to remove quarterback Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld in the second half of the Week 17 game.

Per the report, two defensive players “had to be held back” from confronting coach Doug Pederson. McLane also reports that center Jason Kelce (pictured) and another offensive starter approach Pederson for an explanation as to the move.
Don't you have multiple documented moments on this forum praising Rodgers for throwing poor throws intentionally in 2017 and 2018 to send the GM and coach a message to explain his poor play in those years?

Why is it okay for Rodgers to intentionally throw a game but not Pederson?

If the NFL wants to cure this....then don't make it so valuable to lose. The CBA did this. The CBA and the rookie cap put so much value on draft picks that teams would be stupid to not take advantage. You didn't see this 12 years ago because the difference between a 9 pick and a 10 pick were different because you actually had to pay those players. Draft picks were a risk on the cap 12 years ago. Today they are valuable lottery tickets.

Hate the game. Not the players.

But the NFL will never change the rules anymore because the importance of the draft has made NFL Draft weekend the most watched sporting event outside of NFL season. It is huge because it is meaningful.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
05 Jan 2021 07:10
Yoop wrote:
05 Jan 2021 06:45
lupedafiasco wrote:

Don't you have multiple documented moments on this forum praising Rodgers for throwing poor throws intentionally in 2017 and 2018 to send the GM and coach a message to explain his poor play in those years?

Why is it okay for Rodgers to intentionally throw a game but not Pederson?

If the NFL wants to cure this....then don't make it so valuable to lose. The CBA did this. The CBA and the rookie cap put so much value on draft picks that teams would be stupid to not take advantage. You didn't see this 12 years ago because the difference between a 9 pick and a 10 pick were different because you actually had to pay those players. Draft picks were a risk on the cap 12 years ago. Today they are valuable lottery tickets.

Hate the game. Not the players.

But the NFL will never change the rules anymore because the importance of the draft has made NFL Draft weekend the most watched sporting event outside of NFL season. It is huge because it is meaningful.
don't twist what I've said to support your currant position, NOT EVER DID I SAY THAT RODGERS PURPOSELY LOST GAMES, not tossing a couple check downs in the middle of games does not translate to losing those games, what was idiotic was fans here thinking he didn't see the check off receivers because he wanted a kill shot deep, whats logical to suppose is that Rodgers was sticking to the called play sending a message to McCarthy that the called plays where not working, and short zone passing means more then just having a check off player.

the NFL had to do something to curb rookie salary's, teams where trading out of top 5 picks do to the cost of paying untested players, remember now those top 5 picks would all be QB's if ya had that many with great college pedigree, and as we know, over 50% of them become NFL busts.

ande the draft didn't just become a big TV event, it's been one long before this last CBA, in fact it has been a yearly get together for a bunch of my Packer backer friends for years and years

true the NFL has no plans to change the draft, however I think they will do something with the Eagles or any team that obviously tanks games to enhance draft slotting, they better, or it will destroy the league.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NOT EVER DID I SAY THAT RODGERS PURPOSELY LOST GAMES,
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was well documented.