Packers' Next Opponent

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packers' Next Opponent:

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2021 20:53

Buccaneers
73%
Football Team
12%
Rams
4%
Bears
12%

Total votes: 26

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers' Next Opponent

Post by Pckfn23 »

Who do you think it will be?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I really think that team from DC gets it down. The pass rush will kill brady.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I don't care.

I'm very glad we have to beat only COVID restrictions this week...

Gotta beat tough teams and have some luck from here on out.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
04 Jan 2021 21:07
I don't care.

DON'T SAY THAT! You will JINX it!!! Next thing we know half the team is out!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2021 21:09
salmar80 wrote:
04 Jan 2021 21:07
I don't care.

DON'T SAY THAT! You will JINX it!!! Next thing we know half the team is out!
I'm counting on my prediction power of a feebleminded slug.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bear Down!!!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I would be shocked if it wasnt the Buccs.

The Rams have no shot without Goff against the Sea Chickens. I cant imagine a 7-9 Redskins team beating Brady but Im hopeful. Id rather not play them again if I dont have to although Im confident. I cant see the Bears offense being any better against the Saints than they did against us. It should be a really predictable WC round in the NFC. All the AFC games could go either way.

Hopefully this go around LaFleur doesnt try that outside running crap against athletic LBs. Get inside and abuse them. Rodgers needs to be better as well. Hopefully its as cold and windy as it gets because they still have a dangerous passing game they rely on more than ours.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Bears

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I see Tampa as our biggest threat. I’d just as soon see them first up when we’re fresh off a bye week at home and in the cold.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Using ESPN's FPI projections, here is the likelihood of our games.

Code: Select all

Bears		21.10%
Rams		32.27%
Bucs		34.27%
Redskins	12.36%
So simply, if the Bears win, we get them, nothing else matters. Why they have a fair %.

For the Rams, we would need that Bears loss, ~79% chance, and then the Rams to be beat Seattle (40.9% is given for the Rams).

But for the Bucs or Redskins, would need both the Bears and the Rams to lose (Only 46.6% chance) to play the winner of this game, 26.4% chance for the Football team.

Of note for the Bucs, teams with losing records are undefeated in the wild card round. Just saying.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2021 07:43
Of note for the Bucs, teams with losing records are undefeated in the wild card round. Just saying.
I have a very strong feeling that streak dies here. While Washington fits the bill of a losing team peaking at the right time, I'm not sure the Bucs fit the bill of some of the inflated wildcard teams from playoffs past. Nothing shocks me anymore, but I will be pretty darn surprised if they are able to even make a game of it vs the Bucs.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

If Mike Evans can't go, Devin White is stuck on the COVID list, Alex Smith plays his best, and the WFT front 4 makes Brady's life miserable, it can at least get to being a close game, haha.

I want the Bears to beat the Saints so badly. I always sort of wondered who I hated more, my division rivals (Bears and Vikings) or my non-division nemeses (Saints and Cowboys) and I guess now I know I hate the Saints more. I also think/know we can stomp the Bears so it's advantageous to us. But I'm not particularly pulling for any other matchup. The Bears are best-case scenario; everyone else is about even for me.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Jan 2021 09:44
If Mike Evans can't go, Devin White is stuck on the COVID list, Alex Smith plays his best, and the WFT front 4 makes Brady's life miserable, it can at least get to being a close game, haha.

I want the Bears to beat the Saints so badly. I always sort of wondered who I hated more, my division rivals (Bears and Vikings) or my non-division nemeses (Saints and Cowboys) and I guess now I know I hate the Saints more. I also think/know we can stomp the Bears so it's advantageous to us. But I'm not particularly pulling for any other matchup. The Bears are best-case scenario; everyone else is about even for me.
I am really removed from all the scenarios as far as preferences. I am more inclined (more than ever) to just sit back and let it play out. I am sure I am overthinking it, but the Bears match-up would have my mind racing that this Packers team wouldn't be up for the game, looking past their opponent. Maybe once it is finalized I would change my tune, but I would almost prefer a good challenge right off the bat from an uncommon opponent.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
05 Jan 2021 09:19
BF004 wrote:
I have a very strong feeling that streak dies here. While Washington fits the bill of a losing team peaking at the right time, I'm not sure the Bucs fit the bill of some of the inflated wildcard teams from playoffs past. Nothing shocks me anymore, but I will be pretty darn surprised if they are able to even make a game of it vs the Bucs.
Well very very good, albeit young and ascending D, with a good running game, and a disciplined coach.

If they can get after Tom and control the clock, limit mistakes, no reason they can't go win this game.

I am not expecting it, but I think that 26% chance is kind of fair, I might even give it more like 30-35%. Bucs have played down to their competition a lot this year.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2021 10:13
NCF wrote:
05 Jan 2021 09:19
BF004 wrote:
Well very very good, albeit young and ascending D, with a good running game, and a disciplined coach.

If they can get after Tom and control the clock, limit mistakes, no reason they can't go win this game.

I am not expecting it, but I think that 26% chance is kind of fair, I might even give it more like 30-35%. Bucs have played down to their competition a lot this year.
The foozeball team barely beat a team that tanked. The Bucs have a lot of old War Horses that know what the playoffs are about. Barring injury I don't see the Bucs going down.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
They have a one-legged Alex Smith. This is like saying if Trubisky can take care of the ball, make all the right reads, and throw with accuracy down the field the Bears there is no reason the Bears can't beat the Packers. Way too many unlikely caveats.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
05 Jan 2021 11:06
BF004 wrote:
They have a one-legged Alex Smith. This is like saying if Trubisky can take care of the ball, make all the right reads, and throw with accuracy down the field the Bears there is no reason the Bears can't beat the Packers. Way too many unlikely caveats.
Yeah, Alex Smith is very bad at football. It's sad and all, but also as a fan experience good grief watching the WFT offense is excruciating. Not as bad as the Philly offense with Wentz was--WFT can block a little bit better. But Smith can't do the job; he's their best option, but not a good one.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That said, their defense can maybe pull this off on their own if Brady gets into a flustered funk, but that's basically how it has to happen.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Brady clearly has cold weather experience, but also hasn't won a cold weather outdoor football playoff game in almost 2 years.

So it has been a while for him and for that team, the coldest game they played all year was in week at the Giants on November 2nd. Game they essentially didn't win, but the Giants lost.

Don't care what you say, that weather is a bit of a shock if you haven't been exposed to it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2021 12:32
Brady clearly has cold weather experience, but also hasn't won an outdoor football game in almost 2 years.
:dunno:

Tampa's stadium is outdoors? Outdoor playoff game? Outdoor January game?