Packers' Next Opponent

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packers' Next Opponent:

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2021 20:53

Buccaneers
73%
Football Team
12%
Rams
4%
Bears
12%

Total votes: 26

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Shouldn’t we have the Titans on the list for us, or do I not understand it either?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2021 21:31
Shouldn’t we have the Titans on the list for us, or do I not understand it either?
Sorry, on the left are the city names in order by points scored in the final 6 weeks, followed by the number of points they scored. That is in turn followed by the playoff team name that played them in the final 6 weeks. For example, Tennessee - 212 - Packers. Clear as mud?

Packers went up against some pretty stout scoring offenses yet managed to still be the 6th best defense over the last 6 weeks.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Right, so Green Bay, Bears, Titans, Bears

Right?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2021 22:02
Right, so Green Bay, Bears, Titans, Bears

Right?
I only put in the NFC playoff team names, sorry.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Just got done watching JT O'Sullivans breakdown of the Packers - Bears game and I'm reasonably sure the bears defense is going to be annihilated by the Saints in that dome. Pagano tried a bunch of stuff to protect his injured secondary - and the result was blown coverages, miscommunications, poor alignment. Brees is gonna carve em up
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BSA wrote:
05 Jan 2021 22:28
Just got done watching JT O'Sullivans breakdown of the Packers - Bears game and I'm reasonably sure the bears defense is going to be annihilated by the Saints in that dome. Pagano tried a bunch of stuff to protect his injured secondary - and the result was blown coverages, miscommunications, poor alignment. Brees is gonna carve em up
The Bears have no chance against the Saints. On the road. The Saints offense is better. The Saints defense is better. The Bears would need to play way above their level and the Saints would need to completely look past them.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

The Redskins are built like the type of team that can pull the upset in January, except their offense might be a bit too bad to beat Brady. But if they lean on McLaurin then stranger things have happened.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Word is 10K fans?! [mention]Bogey[/mention] can you confirm?!

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2021 21:00
Word is 10K fans?! @Bogey can you confirm?!
I can't confirm that, Brandon. There is that rumor out there, but as far as I know the team has not made a final decision. At least not for the ears of low-level folk like me. :lol:

Last word we received (yesterday) from our Guest Services supe: "No decision has been made or announced regarding fans/ticketed guests in the stands."

10,000-12,000 was the number the team threw out last summer as a potential target, but the most we had so far was about 1,000 vs the Bears. Hard to think we'd jump all the way up to 10,000, but it sure would be cool if we did.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Bogey wrote:
07 Jan 2021 08:25
Pckfn23 wrote:
I can't confirm that, Brandon. There is that rumor out there, but as far as I know the team has not made a final decision. At least not for the ears of low-level folk like me. :lol:

Last word we received (yesterday) from our Guest Services supe: "No decision has been made or announced regarding fans/ticketed guests in the stands."

10,000-12,000 was the number the team threw out last summer as a potential target, but the most we had so far was about 1,000 vs the Bears. Hard to think we'd jump all the way up to 10,000, but it sure would be cool if we did.
Dang it Rick! I thought you were promoted to personal assistant of the water boy! ;) I am envious that you even get to work it!

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Jan 2021 08:36
Bogey wrote:
07 Jan 2021 08:25
Pckfn23 wrote:

Dang it Rick! I thought you were promoted to personal assistant of the water boy! ;) I am envious that you even get to work it!
:rotf:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Pckfn23 wrote:
That's waaayyy above my paygrade. :lol:

(Seriously. Guest Services is Level 6 -- the lowest paygrade in the Packers organization. :) Which is fine with me because it's cool just to be able to do it.)

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Looks like 6,000-7,000

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
If we face the Titans in the postseason it would be in Tampa in February.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Letter sent to season ticket holders.
Attachments
B75B95D5-6A60-45EF-B1E9-3274D1704C1A.jpeg
B75B95D5-6A60-45EF-B1E9-3274D1704C1A.jpeg (116.68 KiB) Viewed 353 times
GO PACK GO!!!

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
08 Jan 2021 01:30
Letter sent to season ticket holders.
You going to be there?

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

Letter sent to season ticket holder 6001 trying to get a ticket

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
04 Jan 2021 21:05
I really think that team from DC gets it down. The pass rush will kill brady.
This morning DC sports radio commented that getting the WFT interior defensive linemen to penetrate the A and B gaps will be key to making Brady uncomfortable knowing the edge guys are dangerous (defense includes first round picks Chase Young, Montez Sweat, Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne and Ryan Kerrigan. Those five have combined for 27.5 sacks. Tim Settle, who was a fifth-round pick, also has five).

Washington ranks sixth in the NFL with 47 sacks and fourth in the percentage of sacks per pass attempt (8.9).

Ron Rivera quote: "If you can get pressure with just your four-man rush, you can have success against anybody. Not just him, but anybody." him = Tom Brady.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
07 Jan 2021 20:26
BF004 wrote:
If we face the Titans in the postseason it would be in Tampa in February.
The sky is not even close to being the limit for this 2020 Packers team. The offense hasn't totally peaked yet. And the defense is far from peaked. if they can peak .......... then it will be Titletown Again. :aok: