Packers' Next Opponent

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packers' Next Opponent:

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2021 20:53

Buccaneers
73%
Football Team
12%
Rams
4%
Bears
12%

Total votes: 26

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Bogey wrote:
08 Jan 2021 08:04
GJPackerBacker wrote:
08 Jan 2021 01:30
Letter sent to season ticket holders.
You going to be there?
Hope to be able to go. We opted in for tix.
GO PACK GO!!!

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
08 Jan 2021 12:21
We opted in for tix.
congrats and good luck !
Also - where is the spectacular picture in your avatar from ?
IT. IS. TIME

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

BSA wrote:
08 Jan 2021 12:25
GJPackerBacker wrote:
We opted in for tix.
congrats and good luck !
Also - where is the spectacular picture in your avatar from ?
Thanks.

The Maroon Bells near Aspen, CO. We live about 100 miles west of there. I hiked/climbed the north Bell when I was young and brave. Multiple attempts at the south Bell but the weather did not cooperate.
GO PACK GO!!!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
Bogey wrote:
GJPackerBacker wrote:
You going to be there?
Lemme know if you end up needing a +1 ;)

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
Bogey wrote:
GJPackerBacker wrote:
You going to be there?
Excellent! :banana: I hope you will look me up. I'll usually be at Fan Assistance 109 -- that is, just inside the north doors from the Atrium and across from the entry into Section 109.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bogey wrote:
08 Jan 2021 13:06
GJPackerBacker wrote:
Bogey wrote:

You going to be there?
Excellent! :banana: I hope you will look me up. I'll usually be at Fan Assistance 109 -- that is, just inside the north doors from the Atrium and across from the entry into Section 109.
If I find a way to go this week or the following, I'll have to give you a socially distanced chicken wing bump opposed to my usual inebriated inappropriate hugs. ;)

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Honestly, the way the defensive front for Washington matches up with Tampa - I like their chances. Brady hasn't been particularly good against playoff teams this year (actually have only beat us, that's it). They're 10-0 against teams not in the playoffs though. If Washington and that front can get Brady rattled, it will really be on the offense to do things... and that's where they could be in trouble. I have no idea who they plan on playing at QB with Smith injured, but don't be surprised if we see a couple of QB changes in this game.

Rams are not winning without Goff. So, it's gotta be Washington or Tampa.

Seriously though if Washington doesget by Tampa, because of that front - that could be an even worse matchup for us than Tampa. For some reason I'm fairly confident if we were to play Tampa again, it's just Brady that still gives me that "oh crap" feeling deep down, not so much their D anymore.
RIP JustJeff

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Bogey wrote:
GJPackerBacker wrote:
Bogey wrote:

You going to be there?
I will definitely look you up if I get tix. There will be a mad scramble next Tuesday morning on the Ticketmaster website to obtain tix.

It is interesting that the organization has decided to not allow ticket transfer. All tickets will be on the mobile phone app. I can understand this is a method to attempt to make sure it’s only Packer fans in the stands and possibly not reselling to opponent fans for big bucks. So all attendees in the same group will have to go through the gate at the same time. Bogey, are the gate attendants also going to make us show an ID?

Hope to see you soon!
GO PACK GO!!!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:41
Honestly, the way the defensive front for Washington matches up with Tampa - I like their chances. Brady hasn't been particularly good against playoff teams this year (actually have only beat us, that's it). They're 10-0 against teams not in the playoffs though. If Washington and that front can get Brady rattled, it will really be on the offense to do things... and that's where they could be in trouble. I have no idea who they plan on playing at QB with Smith injured, but don't be surprised if we see a couple of QB changes in this game.

Seriously though if Washington doesget by Tampa, because of that front - that could be an even worse matchup for us than Tampa. For some reason I'm fairly confident if we were to play Tampa again, it's just Brady that still gives me that "oh crap" feeling deep down, not so much their D anymore.
Look how they finished the year.

Only lost twice with Haskins at QB and only lost by 5 to Seattle.

Their D is totally legit.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:48
TheGreenMan wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:41

Look how they finished the year.

Only lost twice with Haskins at QB and only lost by 5 to Seattle.

Their D is totally legit.
Absolutely. I think Washington can be a real big problem if we draw them. The spread for that game is ridiculous, I think Washington covers easily.

Order that I don't want to see in the playoffs, #1 being the one I don't want to see the most:

1. New Orleans (Brees and Kamara)
2. Seattle (this D is playing much better too, it's like the O and D flipped)
3. Washington (Front 7)
3. Chicago (Rival)
4. Tampa (Tom)
5. L.A. (No other choice)
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Saints

Seahens
Bucs

Rams

Football Team

Bears

The way our D has been playing, I full expect to be able to keep teams with bad offenses down.

I should be more afraid of Seattle than I am, their D has been playing better than ours down the stretch.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:17
Bogey wrote:
GJPackerBacker wrote:

If I find a way to go this week or the following, I'll have to give you a socially distanced chicken wing bump opposed to my usual inebriated inappropriate hugs. ;)
:lol: :aok:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:44
Bogey wrote:
GJPackerBacker wrote:

I will definitely look you up if I get tix. There will be a mad scramble next Tuesday morning on the Ticketmaster website to obtain tix.

It is interesting that the organization has decided to not allow ticket transfer. All tickets will be on the mobile phone app. I can understand this is a method to attempt to make sure it’s only Packer fans in the stands and possibly not reselling to opponent fans for big bucks. So all attendees in the same group will have to go through the gate at the same time. Bogey, are the gate attendants also going to make us show an ID?

Hope to see you soon!
Hope you get tix! Yes, I believe ID will be required and I know that everyone in your "pod" has to enter with you. It's been the same for the games with Packer employees and front-liners. It's been pretty efficient and obviously worked well enough that they're expanding. Hopefully even more for the NFC Championship. (Fingers crossed)

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:55
I should be more afraid of Seattle than I am, their D has been playing better than ours down the stretch.
That. And they're just always hanging in there with us, which is irritating. Even in games where we appear to be dominating them, they always find a way to crawl back in the game. Last year we had them down 21-3 at the half and that game went into OT. We haven't put a full on whooping on them in probably close to half a decade.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

And maybe it's the game that shall not be named that sticks with me too.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
Saints

Seahens
Bucs

Rams

Football Team

Bears

The way our D has been playing, I full expect to be able to keep teams with bad offenses down.

I agree. I would rather play a team with a poor offense that our defense can keep in check. I think we should expect our offense to be able to put up 24 points. I think they can do that against all these teams.

What makes me nervous is when we know our offense needs to put up 34+ points. Now your margin of error drops.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Seattle doesn't both me. Their defense played some CAKE WALK teams the last half of the season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2021 15:18
BF004 wrote:
Saints

Seahens
Bucs

Rams

Football Team

Bears

I agree. I would rather play a team with a poor offense that our defense can keep in check. I think we should expect our offense to be able to put up 24 points. I think they can do that against all these teams.

What makes me nervous is when we know our offense needs to put up 34+ points. Now your margin of error drops.
- when they just start &%$@ the bed suddenly :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Since we are posting Washington's defense and how they held teams, how about ours?!
image.png
image.png (10.89 KiB) Viewed 334 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheGreenMan wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:53
Order that I don't want to see in the playoffs, #1 being the one I don't want to see the most:

1. New Orleans (Brees and Kamara)
2. Seattle (this D is playing much better too, it's like the O and D flipped)
3. Washington (Front 7)
3. Chicago (Rival)
4. Tampa (Tom)
5. L.A. (No other choice)
Wow, how interesting. My list is VERY different

1. Seattle (they just are always a Wilson-won't-let-them-lose away from pulling things off)
2. Tampa (D and savvy Brady)
3. New Orleans (D and Kamara)
4. Rams (Aaron Donald)
5. Washington (D)
6. Chicago (they still suck)