Wild Card Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Miller gets ejected for throwing a punch, when they are already down Mooney. Not smart. Bear offense will be even more anemic now.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Both of these offenses are terrible.

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

Saints fans can't feel good about their team right now. Up 7-3 at home vs an undermanned CHI team is more than a little underwhelming.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

bud fox wrote:
10 Jan 2021 17:17
This is why I wasn't thrilled with how easy bears moved it against us.

They are not moving it at all against the Saints.
Bears faced us at a time they had momentum, swagger. That's gone now because we put them in their place last week, and they know they don't belong (we'll just beat them again if they win this).

With how lousy Saints O has looked, Bares would have been winning this one if we had not demoralized them. I knew they'd flop today.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Mazrimiv wrote:
10 Jan 2021 17:24
Why do I feel like having SpongeBob on the TV at halftime provides roughly the equivalent amount of useful information as I would get from Terry, Howie and Strahan?
I cannot believe FOX still lets those guys on. Terry, Jimmy and Howie were so great too in the 90's and early 2000's.

But they need to go.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2021 17:39
bud fox wrote:

Bears faced us at a time they had momentum, swagger. That's gone now because we put them in their place last week, and they know they don't belong (we'll just beat them again if they win this).

With how lousy Saints O has looked, Bares would have been winning this one if we had not demoralized them. I knew they'd flop today.
I was realy hoping the Saints would have fumbles bounce into the Bears hands so the Bears win lucky.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Looks like we got the Rams folks.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I wonder if the Saints thought this was gonna be a cake walk?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Jan 2021 17:03
Mazrimiv wrote:
10 Jan 2021 16:55
Anyone not watching this game on Nick is depriving themselves of a really odd mix of entertainment.
Oh wow, found a Nickelodeon stream. :shock: :rotf: Since I hate both teams, watching this as a joke seems fitting.
Found the Nick stream. Definitely better than a lot of the normal broadcast crews.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2021 17:43
Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2021 17:39
bud fox wrote:

I was realy hoping the Saints would have fumbles bounce into the Bears hands so the Bears win lucky.
They kinda have, but Wims did his best MVS drop for end zone and otherwise da Bears have just sucked on O big big time. Bears Oline with a catastrophic performance.

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

Pretty sure watching this game is not bringing many kids over to the NFL.

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

Fox does need to borrow the "block" style replays

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

BF004 wrote:
10 Jan 2021 15:51
texas wrote:
10 Jan 2021 15:45
Heinicke is better than like half of starting QBs lmao. Plus he was finishing a math degree when they called him up, so he's probably smarter than all of them except maybe fitzmagic
You saying having a math degree makes you smart? :heart:

:tiphat:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

What a nutless performance by da Bears O. It was like when they didn't get the early lead, the O just folded. Not capitalizing on turnovers, not trying a 2min drill with timeouts left at end of 1st told a lot, and then punting in 4th quarter with a tiny but theoretical chance.

Trub will get blamed and didn't play well, but the putrid Oline was the bigger culprit.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Jan 2021 18:33
What a nutless performance by da Bears O. It was like when they didn't get the early lead, the O just folded. Not capitalizing on turnovers, not trying a 2min drill with timeouts left at end of 1st told a lot, and then punting in 4th quarter with a tiny but theoretical chance.

Trub will get blamed and didn't play well, but the putrid Oline was the bigger culprit.
Coaching staff sucks I sure hope they keep them. :beer2:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I was wondering whether I'd rather have the Bears win and give us another bye week but then make the Bucs play LAR, or have to take on LAR (who could very well beat us) ourselves but make TB go to NO, who has crushed them this season. I figured I would probably rather have TB go to NO and let the chips fall where they may.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Also, I was unaware of how good LAR's defensive line could be. That, combined with Jalen Ramsey, means that they could be one of those teams that is Rodgers' kryptonite, although we will see. I totally overlooked them. If I had to guess, I would say they are not, since their centerpiece is their DT who is hurt, and I'm not sure how good the rest of their line is, but they are actually built more like the type of team who beats us than I assumed.

The other thing in our favor is that we played them very tight 2 years ago when they were at their peak and we were not so great. Has their team changed much since then? If not then I would say that shows that we should be able to handle them.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

My guess is we play Saturday so the Saints don't get a short week. Hope it's cold and at night. The cold has to bother Goff's thumb. Donald's injury should be tough to get through on a cold night as well.

Every offense had looked bad this weekend, hard to believe after a record setting scoring season. Hopefully our offense stops that run!

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

texas wrote:
10 Jan 2021 18:50
Also, I was unaware of how good LAR's defensive line could be. That, combined with Jalen Ramsey, means that they could be one of those teams that is Rodgers' kryptonite, although we will see. I totally overlooked them. If I had to guess, I would say they are not, since their centerpiece is their DT who is hurt, and I'm not sure how good the rest of their line is, but they are actually built more like the type of team who beats us than I assumed.

The other thing in our favor is that we played them very tight 2 years ago when they were at their peak and we were not so great. Has their team changed much since then? If not then I would say that shows that we should be able to handle them.
Rams success used to revolve around a high powered offense. The success of the current team flows from the defense. I doubt GB will be lighting up the Rams defense even if Donald is dinged. The Rams do have good DL not named Donald, and Ramsey will almost certainly be shadowing Adams. My biggest fear is Pettine sitting back in coverage and letting Goff complete simple throws all day.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Did anyone see that? Browns v Steelers....wow
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....